• ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    L

Hey!!!! Wisconsin voted for Trump this last election!!! We had been red on all three branches until Walker lost to Evers last election. Now he’s trying to implement red flag laws, talking about all the normal Dem talking points but other two branches Repub majority. Like most states, Madison and Milwaukee can overwhelm the rest of the mostly CONSERVATIVE state. Many farmers were on the Obamacare bandwagon as lots of them had no insurance. I’d say we’re purple, hard to predict which way the state goes, and polls/media often get us wrong.

I’d like to see an electoral college system for Governor!

We’ve been open carry since 1848 when WI became a state, the ONLY way you could carry. Sadly, second to last to get a concealed carry option. The Police Chief of Milwaukee has said as of a few years ago that his officers will put any open carriers ON THE GROUND until WE determine if you are legal to do so. It’s just not addressed, not legal except it’s not illegal. I wouldn’t be surprised if our new Governor tries to change that, following Walmart’s lead, but I haven’t heard anything about it.

Madison learned their lesson a few years ago, but Milwaukee is a different place. You don’t see much open carry here. I open carry whenever the weather is nice, but I live in a small rural farming community. We have a large sausage factory, hiring mostly Hispanic workers. My wife is the School Administrator, which is 50-60 percent Hispanic. For the most part, everyone gets along. People have trouble putting us together when they first meet us. She’s not my biggest open carry fan, but will be seen in public with me after giving up getting me to change. She has her CCL and shoots a Sig 229, her bedside gun. She carried on the remote trails in N WI, but NEVER in public.

I always think we are rated too low in the “states with best gun laws” rankings. Usually below Texas, which I certainly don’t get. You can get a CCL with Hunter Safety that you took as a 12 year old, having never touched a handgun. (Why our reciprocity sucks) Otherwise, a NRA Basic Pistol class, Police or Military training, and $50.00 for 5 years. You can open or conceal into a bar, but you can’t drink if you’re concealed. You actually can if you’re open! It makes no sense, like most of what .gov does. Our no gun signs carry the weight of law, you can be trespassed if you refuse to leave.

Ripon, WI is onsidered the home of the Republican Party, although there is some dissent on that with Exeter, NH also laying claim to that title.

https://www.loc.gov/item/90705492/
    By definition if there is no law saying you cannot do something, it is legal. The Milwaukee police chief is an idiot.

Is there a law allowing you to breathe? Better hold your breath until there is. :rolleyes:

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    L

Hey!!!! Wisconsin voted for Trump this last election!!! We had been red on all three branches until Walker lost to Evers last election. Now he’s trying to implement red flag laws, talking about all the normal Dem talking points but other two branches Repub majority. Like most states, Madison and Milwaukee can overwhelm the rest of the mostly CONSERVATIVE state. Many farmers were on the Obamacare bandwagon as lots of them had no insurance. I’d say we’re purple, hard to predict which way the state goes, and polls/media often get us wrong.

I’d like to see an electoral college system for Governor!

We’ve been open carry since 1848 when WI became a state, the ONLY way you could carry. Sadly, second to last to get a concealed carry option. The Police Chief of Milwaukee has said as of a few years ago that his officers will put any open carriers ON THE GROUND until WE determine if you are legal to do so. It’s just not addressed, not legal except it’s not illegal. I wouldn’t be surprised if our new Governor tries to change that, following Walmart’s lead, but I haven’t heard anything about it.

Madison learned their lesson a few years ago, but Milwaukee is a different place. You don’t see much open carry here. I open carry whenever the weather is nice, but I live in a small rural farming community. We have a large sausage factory, hiring mostly Hispanic workers. My wife is the School Administrator, which is 50-60 percent Hispanic. For the most part, everyone gets along. People have trouble putting us together when they first meet us. She’s not my biggest open carry fan, but will be seen in public with me after giving up getting me to change. She has her CCL and shoots a Sig 229, her bedside gun. She carried on the remote trails in N WI, but NEVER in public.

I always think we are rated too low in the “states with best gun laws” rankings. Usually below Texas, which I certainly don’t get. You can get a CCL with Hunter Safety that you took as a 12 year old, having never touched a handgun. (Why our reciprocity sucks) Otherwise, a NRA Basic Pistol class, Police or Military training, and $50.00 for 5 years. You can open or conceal into a bar, but you can’t drink if you’re concealed. You actually can if you’re open! It makes no sense, like most of what .gov does. Our no gun signs carry the weight of law, you can be trespassed if you refuse to leave.

Ripon, WI is onsidered the home of the Republican Party, although there is some dissent on that with Exeter, NH also laying claim to that title.

https://www.loc.gov/item/90705492/

I stand pleasantly corrected, Sir! :patriot: Perhaps it's time for me to pay a visit to Wisconsin. I've been to Milwaukee before, but not anywhere else in the state. Mrs. Raskolnikov and I have discussed a drive to Door County. I think I'll put that on the radar for summer 2020. You're a great ambassador for your state!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Really, outside of Madison, WI is reasonably conservative.

And despite being liberal, Madison is a pretty good place to hang out.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I stand pleasantly corrected, Sir! :patriot: Perhaps it's time for me to pay a visit to Wisconsin. I've been to Milwaukee before, but not anywhere else in the state. Mrs. Raskolnikov and I have discussed a drive to Door County. I think I'll put that on the radar for summer 2020. You're a great ambassador for your state!

Thanks! I try to be a good ambassadors for open carry as well!

Stay away from Milwaukee and the Dells. The Harley Davidson museum might be worth a visit tho. I’ve heard good things but never been there. The center of the state is flat and boring with not much to do (where I live.) However, most of the perimeter is either Great Lakes, or woods, or fairly rugged country, probably similar to southern Indiana. Lots of Germans and Poles, and drinking is high on the list of extra curricular activities no matter where you go. (I’m a teetotaler) Madison, as mentioned, while being the liberal hub has a lot to offer. If you enjoy inland fishing head to the Rhinelander/Minocqua/Eagle River/Boulder Junction area for world class Muskies as well as all other freshwater species. (You’re on your own for hot chicks fishing, but I wouldn’t waste a whole lot of time looking.) I’ve been to Door county but never as a visitor. Way up NW you have Bayfield and the Apostle Islands where you can get lost for a week. MI UP has a couple hundred waterfallS along with lighthouses dotting the shores of both lakes. A few lighthouses have been converted to B&B’s, my wife and her girlfriend stayed in some on a lakeshore motorcycle ride a few years ago.

i left Indiana when I was 15, and have no desire to move back.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yes, I have a WI CCL (Conceal Carry License) and I carry when I am in Indiana. As mentioned before, we also have unlicensed open carry, which I do when the weather permits. I’m a little less brave about that when I’m out of state, but I have open carried around New Paris, where we visit.

Well, while in Indiana, then, I think you are good....even on the sidewalk.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thanks! I try to be a good ambassadors for open carry as well!

Stay away from Milwaukee and the Dells. The Harley Davidson museum might be worth a visit tho. I’ve heard good things but never been there. The center of the state is flat and boring with not much to do (where I live.) However, most of the perimeter is either Great Lakes, or woods, or fairly rugged country, probably similar to southern Indiana. Lots of Germans and Poles, and drinking is high on the list of extra curricular activities no matter where you go. (I’m a teetotaler) Madison, as mentioned, while being the liberal hub has a lot to offer. If you enjoy inland fishing head to the Rhinelander/Minocqua/Eagle River/Boulder Junction area for world class Muskies as well as all other freshwater species. (You’re on your own for hot chicks fishing, but I wouldn’t waste a whole lot of time looking.) I’ve been to Door county but never as a visitor. Way up NW you have Bayfield and the Apostle Islands where you can get lost for a week. MI UP has a couple hundred waterfallS along with lighthouses dotting the shores of both lakes. A few lighthouses have been converted to B&B’s, my wife and her girlfriend stayed in some on a lakeshore motorcycle ride a few years ago.

i left Indiana when I was 15, and have no desire to move back.

Thanks for the info! All things to keep in mind!

By the way, what’s with your governor? https://www.google.com/amp/s/townh...nstyle-gun-control-measures-n2553453?amp=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom