• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    hahaha. This may be a good idea actually? At that point the officer has confiscated his property, no?

meh. They would claim it was abandoned property and sell it to help pay for MRAP upkeep. (Doesn't everyone have one these days?)

Lol....and in newer news, I am filling up at that same gas stati right now and some people just came up to me and asked me if I was the guy from YouTube carrying in this gas station I said. They said things that were not so nice towards the officer. The employees asked what happened (im a regular so they care <3 ) I told them and they didnt think highly of the officer either. Then the gas station patrons all erupted in conversation about JBTs and police take over. Kinda funny

id call that a win for our side.

Idk called the chief today. No answer.

Don't call, sit in office face to face.

Yes. Leave a message with no details if you expect a callback. Even better, make an appointment. If he or his secretary insists on knowing a reason, "you wish to discuss an incident with him before filing a formal complaint against one of his officers"

id have your camera phone ready again, or take a witness if you aren't interested in an attorney yet.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    In Indiana, carrying a firearm is a crime. It is a valid defense to have a LTCH. The OP was stopped because he was observed breaking the law by the officer. The officer detained the OP for as much time as was necessary to verify his LTCH. Once the LTCH was verified, the officer gave the firearm back.

I will be the first in line to throw stones at JBT thugs, but this case doesn't warrant it. I don't think everything was handled the way that I wish it would have been handled, but it wasn't as bad as some have made it out to be either.

Couple things I do have a problem with though... I don't like the fact that the LEO coonfingered the firearm and muzzle swept the OP. I also do not like the fact that the LEO unloaded the gun and told the OP not to load up until he was gone. He should have given the firearm back in the same condition as it was when he took it. Personally, I would have told him to pound sand and reloaded right there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    In Indiana, carrying a firearm is a crime. It is a valid defense to have a LTCH. The OP was stopped because he was observed breaking the law by the officer. The officer detained the OP for as much time as was necessary to verify his LTCH. Once the LTCH was verified, the officer gave the firearm back.

I will be the first in line to throw stones at JBT thugs, but this case doesn't warrant it. I don't think everything was handled the way that I wish it would have been handled, but it wasn't as bad as some have made it out to be either.

Couple things I do have a problem with though... I don't like the fact that the LEO coonfingered the firearm and muzzle swept the OP. I also do not like the fact that the LEO unloaded the gun and told the OP not to load up until he was gone. He should have given the firearm back in the same condition as it was when he took it. Personally, I would have told him to pound sand and reloaded right there.

Why the driver's license?
    why remove gun from holster?
    Why remove gun from OP?

If he is SERIOUSLY worried the OP might shoot, why was there NO FRISK.
    Take the gun off my hip and there's still the BUG and knife.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

He shouldn't have touched the firearm or run the license absent RAS that a crime had been committed.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why the driver's license?
    why remove gun from holster?
    Why remove gun from OP?

If he is SERIOUSLY worried the OP might shoot, why was there NO FRISK.

The 'ingo atty's have already told you why the DL (easier to ID and spot a fake based on that training the JBT gets)
    The "ingo members that have encountered JBTs" already told you why remove the weapon (officer safety and power trip)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

What about the backwards cap?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    tumblr_ls13vxSnPK1qb6t6wo1_500.jpg

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Why the driver's license? To verify identity. LEO can ask anything. OP did not have to comply.
    why remove gun from holster? Officer safety, duh. I already agreed with you on this point.
    Why remove gun from OP? See above.

If he is SERIOUSLY worried the OP might shoot, why was there NO FRISK. He wasn't worried the OP would shoot. He was worried the OP was breaking the law.

See replies in red.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Major fail.

The OP was not breaking any laws. You can't be observed breaking the law if you're not breaking the law.

Thats a a very scary road
    "I assume that since you're driving a car, you must be doing it illegally"
    "I assume that since you go to church, you must be a homophobic, islamophohic, racist, bigot. Those are hate crimes sir."
    "I assume that since you homeschool your kids you must be an anarchist conspiracy theorist. Children are not safe being raised in that environment. They'll have to come with me."

Being held without probable cause is a big deal (OC'ing is not probable cause).

Reversing innocent until proven guilty is a big deal.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Major fail.

The OP was not breaking any laws. You can't be observed breaking the law if you're not breaking the law.

"I assume that since you go to church, you must be a homophobic, islamophohic, racist, bigot. Those are hate crimes sir."
    "I assume that since you homeschool your kids you must be an anarchist conspiracy theorist. Children are not safe being raised in that environment. They'll have to come with me."

Nope, Hoosierdood is correct.

The FAIL is on the part of our Indiana legislators for not repealing IC 35-47-2-24(a) which codifies that we may be presumed guilty and placing the burden of proof upon the licensee.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    the only way the jbt knows of verifying that the LTCH is valid is by running it (ie. calling it in) so jbt does have to "run it" so to speak.
    I believe that was supposed to be purple, but I'm not sure.:dunno: Unless he has RAS to believe it isn't valid it makes no sense.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Where's the ic on that?

There isnt. And truthfully, he isnt running your INDL to make sure your larry is current. He's making sure YOU are "current" (no warrants, etc). It had absolutely NOTHING to do with the operation of your vehicle as I reflect on the thread conversation.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Major fail.

Sorry but my post wasn't the one full of fail. You are comparing apples and oranges. Driving a car is not the same as carrying a gun. The courts have established that a LEO cannot randomly pull you over to check your papers. You have to be observed violating an ordinance first. It sure would be nice if they have that same courtesy to gun owners but they haven't. Apples and oranges.

In Indiana it is a crime to carry a handgun.
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.
    Whether you or I like it or not, the officer has every right to verify that we are properly licensed to carry a handgun. I never said I agree with it. And whether anyone likes it or not, OCing IS probable cause under the current law. (And I am an avid OCer)

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Sorry but my post wasn't the one full of fail. You are comparing apples and oranges. Driving a car is not the same as carrying a gun. The courts have established that a LEO cannot randomly pull you over to check your papers. You have to be observed violating an ordinance first. It sure would be nice if they have that same courtesy to gun owners but they haven't. Apples and oranges.

In Indiana it is a crime to carry a handgun.
    Whether you or I like it or not, the officer has every right to verify that we are properly licensed to carry a handgun. I never said I agree with it. And whether anyone likes it or not, OCing IS probable cause under the current law. (And I am an avid OCer)

Just so we're clear. I'm right. State is wrong. :):

Top Bottom