• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A lawyer buddy of mine has an Amnesty International sticker right next to his NRA sticker on his rear window..He was constantly asked about that and his response never changed...A long drag on a cigarette followed by, "I believe that if every country had an NRA there would be no need for an Amnesty International..."

Would this be a good time to launch into a discussion of my beliefs about the right to use deadly force in self-defense and my opposition to the death penalty?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Would this be a good time to launch into a discussion of my beliefs about the right to use deadly force in self-defense and my opposition to the death penalty?

Yes...I flip on the death penalty weekly it seems...I saw "The Thin Blue Line" back in the day and it made me reconsider...Great film BTW...

[video=youtube;dNL5A4D0G4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNL5A4D0G4g[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yes...I flip on the death penalty weekly it seems...I saw "The Thin Blue Line" back in the day and it made me reconsider...Great film BTW...

[video=youtube;dNL5A4D0G4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNL5A4D0G4g[/video]

I believe that, theoretically, the death penalty can be moral....but I don't like it's execution...so to speak, in numerous instances.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    [video=youtube;KMEViYvojtY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMEViYvojtY[/video]

Nice haven't seen that in awhile. But having "The God of Balance" as my namesake goes along with that clip as well.
    No one has mentioned my Gibson Guitars sticker though......

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Bumper stickers, an idiots way to force his opinion on others...
    And advertise he's an idiot gun owner, idiot political supporter, etc.
    A strong expression from a weak mind.

If criminal wants a firearm, just break into anything with a NRA, Smith & Wesson, Glock, etc sticker...

My bumper stick says "Make America Violent Again."

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Wow. And where did you get your psychology degree Dr. Freud? You sure have managed to cram a lot of generalisations and assumptions into a very short statement.

Do you have any statistical evidence to back up your theory that everyone with a firearm related sticker on their car is careless enough to leave easily accesible guns inside?

I'm surprised you even felt the need to comment and "force your opinion" on the rest of us.

Actually, yes.
    More than one study says criminals target vehicles with firearms stickers looking for guns.
    Florida says that one in ten vehicles with firearms stickers produces a firearm.

A bumper sticker doesn't address issues, no room for debate, so it's a statement with no rebuttal.
    That's forcing an opinion...

Personally, I do a LOT of traveling, so I see a bunch of stickers.
    So my observations are, (not for debate since these are MY observations),

If it has a religious sticker on it, it's going to do something stupid in the immediate future.
    If it has a political sticker, it's not paying attention, and likely to road rage.
    If it has school or stick figures, it's a soccer mom on a cell phone not paying attention to anything.
    If it's a pickup truck with gun stickers, militia stickers, rebel flags, etc the driver is going to lane jam, cut off an brake check, try to race or all these.
    They like to pick fights with vehicles...

Now, it's not just bumper stickers, it's memes on facebag, twaddle has twits, and none of it means a thing.
    It's all brain diarrhea from people not articulate enough to get their point across any other way, and if it's a bumper sticker or facebag meme, it's not even their opinion since it came from someplace else...

I use it as an indicator of how self absorbed the person driving the vehicle in front of me is, the more stickers, the more self absorbed and the more likely they are to do something stupid/dangerous.
    Since I do not believe I'm 'Special' or 'Privileged', I drive like I have some sense, I pay attention, use turn signals correctly, don't tailgate or cut people off, etc.
    I don't have bumper stickers, no sense in advertising anything about me because I'm not 'Special'.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Id like your opinion of me if you don't mind.
    I have lots of stickers on my car. Nra, pro gun, molon labe, american flag, Izaak Walton, magpul, 1776 revolution.....i think you get the point.
    I havent had a ticket in my life, i dont cut people off, i dont flip people the bird, i dont leave firearms in my car, i havent had my car broken into, i havent gotten into fights over my stickers....what i have gotten is a s**tload of compliments.
    Am i trying to push an agenda on anyone? No. Has it struck up some conversations? Yes. During those conversations have i pushed an agenda on anyone? No. Ive simply gave my feelings to those that inquire. For those that inquire, they are obviously interested in my thoughts/opinion, so therefore i am not pushing it on anyone.
    Since when does having an opinion, mean you're pushing your ideology on someone.
    You sound very butthurt to me through your comments, and may want to think about what you say just a little more, before alienating those of whom you have no clue about.
    What you are doing is profiling and no more different that saying the guy with long hair smokes dope, or the girl with tattoos is a tramp.
    You sir, seem very shallow, but at least i have your statements to go by, other than just guessing based on bumper sticker!

Hopefully my brain diarrhea is articulate enough for you to understand.

Have a wonderful evening!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Somewhat related, I knew this irritable old guy that had a sticker on his S-10 that said: "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    More than one study says criminals target vehicles with firearms stickers looking for guns.

I have never taken, or seen, a report of a vehicle broken into strictly to rummage based on a firearms sticker. I have taken, and seen, multiple guns stolen from vehicle reports. There are two major precursors:

1) Doors left unlocked, generally rummaging occurs.
    2) Valuables left in plain sight, targeted valuables taken followed by general rummaging as time permits.

You want your gun stolen? Leave your laptop in the passenger seat. Maybe outside a Wal-mart or a gym.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Somewhat related, I knew this irritable old guy that had a sticker on his S-10 that said: "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun."

As an irresponsible youth I had one that read "If you don't like the way I drive, get off the sidewalk" along with the popular "Up Yours at Hill's 4x4".

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No bumper stickers for me. I think they are tacky and juvenile.

I'd like Jeep Hammer's analysis of my environmental license plate, though. :):

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    No bumper stickers for me. I think they are tacky and juvenile.

I'd like Jeep Hammer's analysis of my environmental license plate, though. :):

Mine are on the back glass, not the bumper. So does that make a difference:dunno:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As an irresponsible youth I had one that read "If you don't like the way I drive, get off the sidewalk" along with the popular "Up Yours at Hill's 4x4".

I think I had a t-shirt that said that "back in the day".

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I understand that once you post your opinion on the internet it becomes fact. No way to avoid it!

So, if you think all, most, many, or more than a few cops would confiscate your gun simply because they were ordered to do so, you don't know very many cops! And that is now a fact!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I understand the whole grey man theory, but then again being a part of a gun forum probably doesn't fit that agenda completely either.

Top Bottom