• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Prejudice is a funny thing, most of us hide it fairly well some under cover of internet anonymity put it out there.

They are not used to a place like ingo where many of know each other in the real. There are those who know dkaufman and take umbrage at his being disparaged by a noob, who, indicated by his current proclivities, most likely won't be here long. That may be by his own choice or suicide by mod.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    FFS...

caring_continuum.png

[video=youtube;87Ba9yb83JY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Ba9yb83JY[/video]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Patchoulismellingdirtyhippiecommie!:D

:):

Don't know your motive, but this is the only mud ball we have to live on.

Personally, keeping the biosphere habitable for humans is a pretty good idea, as I'm one of the humans that have no other planet to live on, so I'm biased in my opinion...
    Maybe carbon loving or pollution eating organisms are rooting against us, who knows...

Bingo.

Also:

1. The regular passenger plate is kinda "meh."
    2. The extra fee is used to protect the land, waters, and wildlife of Indiana. State parks, forests, etc. I like these things.
    3. The eagle on the plate is badass.
    4. It looks good on my SUV. (No, it's not a Subaru) :)

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Seems to me you're just generalizing the actions of others, as in "all people who do x think y". My reasons for having a Gadsden flag on the front of my car (the don't tread on me snake you have described) and a couple of small stickers on the back of my car are not for the reason you state. I have no doubt there are some people who have stickers on their car who do it for that reason and I'm sure there are others who have other reasons. Same as why anyone does anything. They all have their reasons, whether they're good reasons or not. To say all people who have stickers on their car do so for the reasons you claim is a bit absurd. You don't know what their reasons are, you're just making something up that fits it in your mind, or perhaps you've talked to a couple of people and what they said lines up that way so you think everyone does it for the same reason. I don't know, but I have what I do on my car to show my support. My support of the NRA, my support of the 2nd Amendment and my support of a particular company (MagPul). No other reasons. I'm happy to stop and talk to someone about it if they ask (in a parking lot or something). I've had people honk and wave, give thumbs up, have had people stop me in parking lots to tell me "good job" or thanks for showing my support. I have yet to have a negative experience due to what is on my car. If I do, maybe I'll have to re-think my position, but for now I'm perfectly content with things as they are.

No need to attempt to explain it to me, your reasons are your own, you have an absloute Constitutional right to your opinions. Period.

1. OP asked for opinions on bumper stickers.
    2. I gave an opinion, based on personal experience.
    3. Repeatedly attacked for those personal opinions/observations.
    4. People trying to 'Explain' there choices, 'Defend' their opinions.
    5. None of it necessary. My personal observations have lead to my personal opinion, and no amount of internet defending or attacks is going to change what I've experienced directly.
    6. I attacked no one directly, I will not attack anyone directly since I don't know any of you.
    7. It seems several have an issue with MY PERSONAL OPINION, which I'm perfectly entitled to. Period.
    Just like *YOU* are entitled to *YOUR* personal opinion.

I live in the woods, I have range distances painted on the backs of my 'No Trespassing' signs for a reason.
    Since everyone is so divided and involved with *Their* personal 'Beliefs', completely determined to 'Convert' anyone that disagrees with them AT ALL COSTS, I don't exactly trust everyone that shows up has friendly intentions.
    Since I got 'Warnings' about my solar panels, and then had panels shot out, I'm not real keen on random people roaming around.
    People shooting at my home because they have an issue with solar panels forces me to take action.
    Having an opinion on RE is one thing, they have that right. Shooting at my home is against the law and an action I wouldn't even consider with someone I don't agree with.

Since I travel a lot for work, and nearly every road rager or someone doing something dangerous/stupid has bumper/window stickers, and since I have a lot of thinking time while driving, I've noted they type of display and connected them with the type of stupid/dangerous act they committed,
    I had the time to connect stickers/displays with the acts.
    Now I use them as indicators of potential threats on the highway...

You are SUPPOSED to use your observation powers to identify potential highway hazards & threats, so I'm doing EXACTLY what I'm supposed to be doing, unlike the people doing stupid/dangerous things.

If that doesn't fit your particular 'Belief' in *YOUR* motives for defense or attack of your choices, that is also reactionary instead of a direct, planned out action.
    Distracted drivers aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing, which is paying attention. Inaction.
    Road ragers are responding to something they didn't like, and decided to 'Punish' some other driver. Reaction or Reactionary.

So, since apparently there are several that can't seem to differentiate between a response to the OPs question for opinions, which I did,
    And trying to explain/attack someone that posted a random personal opinion, instead of asking WHY I formed the opinions,
    I'M DONE.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Bumper stickers, an idiots way to force his opinion on others...
    And advertise he's an idiot gun owner, idiot political supporter, etc.
    A strong expression from a weak mind.

If criminal wants a firearm, just break into anything with a NRA, Smith & Wesson, Glock, etc sticker...

Uh. What?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No need to attempt to explain it to me, your reasons are your own, you have an absloute Constitutional right to your opinions.

1. OP asked for opinions on bumper stickers.
    2. I gave an opinion, based on personal experience.
    3. Repeatedly attacked for those personal opinions/observations.
    4. People trying to 'Explain' there choices, 'Defend' their opinions.
    5. None of it necessary. My personal observations have lead to my personal opinion, and no amount of internet defending or attacks is going to change what I've experienced directly.
    6. I attacked no one directly, I will not attack anyone directly since I don't know any of you.
    7. It seems several have an issue with MY PERSONAL OPINION, which I'm perfectly entitled to. Period.
    Just like *YOU* are entitled to *YOUR* personal opinion.

I live in the woods, I have range distances painted on the backs of my 'No Trespassing' signs for a reason.
    Since everyone is so divided and involved with *Their* personal 'Beliefs', completely determined to 'Convert' anyone that disagrees with them AT ALL COSTS, I don't exactly trust everyone that shows up has friendly intentions.
    Since I got 'Warnings' about my solar panels, and then had panels shot out, I'm not real keen on random people roaming around.

Since I travel a lot for work, and nearly every road rager or someone doing something dangerous/stupid has bumper/window stickers, and since I have a lot of thinking time while driving, I've noted they type of display and dropped connected them with the type of stupid/dangerous act they committed,
    I had the time to connect stickers/displays with the acts.
    Now I use them as indicators of potential threats on the highway...
    If that doesn't fit your particular 'Belief' in *YOUR* motives for defense or attack of your choices, that is also reactionary instead of a direct, planned out action.

So, since apparently there are several that can't seem to differentiate between a response to the OPs question for opinions,
    And trying to explain/attack someone that posted a random personal opinion, instead of asking WHY I formed the opinions,
    I'M DONE.

serious.gif

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    JeepHammer, my fellow INGOer, please take a :chillpill: or 2 and take a break. You are getting too worked up for your own INGO and personal wellbeing.

Just my humble opinion, posting about having the range marked on the back of your no trespassing signs for a reason may come back to bite you later if there is ever an incident. You do have the right to defend yourself if someone is shooting at you so why muddy the waters.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I might put a Hi-Point sticker on my back window to deter theft.
    Most people would figure that I don't have anything in the car other than a spit cup, old CDs and some White Castle boxes.
    Or, a 1911 centric sticker, as they are like manual transmissions, only old curmudgeonly folks know how to use them!;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    JeepHammer, my fellow INGOer, please take a :chillpill: or 2 and take a break. You are getting too worked up for your own INGO and personal wellbeing.

Just my humble opinion, posting about having the range marked on the back of your no trespassing signs for a reason may come back to bite you later if there is ever an incident. You do have the right to defend yourself if someone is shooting at you so why muddy the waters.

DistortedDeliciousHaddock-size_restricted.gif

I want to see where this goes.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Personally I find it funny when people put the blue line on the American flag when it's clearly against the rules of flag etiquette.

I person could argue having a blue line on a flag is no different than throwing the flag on the ground, in the trash, or hell even burning it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A lot of things done by well meaning people violate flag code.

I say let it be or you will find yourself, like the guy in Florida arguing about handicap parking.

I don't even mention to people about flag motif ties anymore.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    No bumper stickers for me. I think they are tacky and juvenile.

I'd like Jeep Hammer's analysis of my environmental license plate, though. :):

While I'm no Jeep Hammer, I'd say that gives you a 95% chance of being a driver of questionable quality, based on personal observation. I will also say that you're likely not as bad as those with a Kids First tag, even if you are in the 95%.

:runaway:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Bumper stickers, an idiots way to force his opinion on others...
    And advertise he's an idiot gun owner, idiot political supporter, etc.
    A strong expression from a weak mind.

If criminal wants a firearm, just break into anything with a NRA, Smith & Wesson, Glock, etc sticker...

Im gonna go order a JeepHammer bumper sticker right now and put it on my friends Jeep.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    While I'm no Jeep Hammer, I'd say that gives you a 95% chance of being a driver of questionable quality, based on personal observation. I will also say that you're likely not as bad as those with a Kids First tag, even if you are in the 95%.

:runaway:

Did JeepHammer just become a new phrase? I like where this is going.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    No one has mentioned my Gibson Guitars sticker though......

Goddamned humbucker-playing neanderthals. Play a Telecaster, the way God meant guitars to sound, or move back to Russia.

Oh, and stay offa my lawn.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom