• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Well that was a fun read, my buddy had the best bumper sticker in highschool. Two stickers, mirrored images, all it said was "AINT SKEERED" and a picture of a cartoonish pick up truck shooting flames.

Ill admit, I bought an INGO bumper sticker at the 1500 one time. But im scared to put it on my truck in case someone recognizes it... Because yup the guy driving that truck is a gun guy and even though my gun almost certainly wont be alone in the truck, plenty of other valuables are. And if someone goes gun hunting after they smash my windows they will steal plenty of other stuff i dont want stolen.

Also, I dont leave guns in my truck but theirs always an exception. Just today i was out of state, gun had to stay in the car and locked when i wasnt in it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Really? Who am I?

I really could care less who you are. Im guessing we are on the same side. The powers that be that could/would perceive you as threat know who you are.
    Grey man theory is blending in with the crowd but in the shtf scenario i see in the future the ones you need to hide from already know who you are.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    awesome.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I really could care less who you are. Im guessing we are on the same side. The powers that be that could/would perceive you as threat know who you are.
    Grey man theory is blending in with the crowd but in the shtf scenario i see in the future the ones you need to hide from already know who you are.

You probably mean "couldn't care less."

We might be in agreement on a lot of things, but you'll be able to tell us apart by my lack of tin foil.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    You probably mean "couldn't care less."

We might be in agreement on a lot of things, but you'll be able to tell us apart by my lack of tin foil.

Whats wrong with tinfoil? It has a lot of uses.
    I just look at this way.
    Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.
    If i go thru life worrying about what others think of me, i wouldn't have time for me or my family.
    I could really give 2 :poop::poop: about what anyone thinks of me or my opinions. Dont like what i have to say, dont respond. Its real easy

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Id like your opinion of me if you don't mind.
    I have lots of stickers on my car. Nra, pro gun, molon labe, american flag, Izaak Walton, magpul, 1776 revolution.....i think you get the point.
    I havent had a ticket in my life, i dont cut people off, i dont flip people the bird, i dont leave firearms in my car, i havent had my car broken into, i havent gotten into fights over my stickers....what i have gotten is a s**tload of compliments.
    Am i trying to push an agenda on anyone? No. Has it struck up some conversations? Yes. During those conversations have i pushed an agenda on anyone? No. Ive simply gave my feelings to those that inquire. For those that inquire, they are obviously interested in my thoughts/opinion, so therefore i am not pushing it on anyone.
    Since when does having an opinion, mean you're pushing your ideology on someone.
    You sound very butthurt to me through your comments, and may want to think about what you say just a little more, before alienating those of whom you have no clue about.
    What you are doing is profiling and no more different that saying the guy with long hair smokes dope, or the girl with tattoos is a tramp.
    You sir, seem very shallow, but at least i have your statements to go by, other than just guessing based on bumper sticker!

Hopefully my brain diarrhea is articulate enough for you to understand.

Have a wonderful evening!

I could really give 2 :poop::poop: about what anyone thinks of me or my opinions. Dont like what i have to say, dont respond. Its real easy

You clearly don't care about others' opinions of you. :):

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    There ya go just like the op. My stickers on my car and i could care less what you think of me. It doesn't matter to me if you like them or not. If you want to discuss them then i will explain my stance, which yes, is my opinion, but you also didnt have to ask.

Once again, if you dont like what i have to say, or my stickers, why get involved. Seems like just trying to stir the pot.
    No big deal. You be the grey man that supposedly no one knows about, and ill put my beliefs out there.
    Its my opinion and im not forcing anyone to engage me on it. No different than the billboards that line the highways. Dont like it, dont respond. Real fn simple.
    Peace out....bedtime for me!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    One thing about existing out on the internet, being a part of forums, newsgroups and such for years, is that you learn that everyone has opinions. Some are based in fact, some are based in fantasy. I have nothing to prove to try to get someone else to change their opinion or adopt mine. Best is learning to not care about what anyone else says. I'm happy for all of you who don't like gun stickers on cars. So what? Sure as heck doesn't make me want to run out and scrape them off my car. After I read this opinion on INGO the first time, I went out and bought a big Glock license plate for my front license plate holder. I recently changed it out for a Gadsden flag, which I like a lot better. Anyone who doesn't like it can feel free to post about it. Still won't care or change anything, but you can feel free to post... :)

Oh yeah, I also wear pro 2A T-shirts, which people on here also seem to love to gripe about. :rolleyes:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Actually, yes.
    More than one study says criminals target vehicles with firearms stickers looking for guns.
    Florida says that one in ten vehicles with firearms stickers produces a firearm.

A bumper sticker doesn't address issues, no room for debate, so it's a statement with no rebuttal.
    That's forcing an opinion...

Personally, I do a LOT of traveling, so I see a bunch of stickers.
    So my observations are, (not for debate since these are MY observations),

If it has a religious sticker on it, it's going to do something stupid in the immediate future.
    If it has a political sticker, it's not paying attention, and likely to road rage.
    If it has school or stick figures, it's a soccer mom on a cell phone not paying attention to anything.
    If it's a pickup truck with gun stickers, militia stickers, rebel flags, etc the driver is going to lane jam, cut off an brake check, try to race or all these.
    They like to pick fights with vehicles...

Now, it's not just bumper stickers, it's memes on facebag, twaddle has twits, and none of it means a thing.
    It's all brain diarrhea from people not articulate enough to get their point across any other way, and if it's a bumper sticker or facebag meme, it's not even their opinion since it came from someplace else...

I use it as an indicator of how self absorbed the person driving the vehicle in front of me is, the more stickers, the more self absorbed and the more likely they are to do something stupid/dangerous.
    Since I do not believe I'm 'Special' or 'Privileged', I drive like I have some sense, I pay attention, use turn signals correctly, don't tailgate or cut people off, etc.
    I don't have bumper stickers, no sense in advertising anything about me because I'm not 'Special'.
    OR, they’re covering up rust with whatever was free?

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Being older and gray, I'm invisible to teenage girls,
    While getting a drink at a fast food joint, some local teen girls were discussing what to do, they decided to "Go talk recycling to the guy with the snake flag".
    So, being curious, I asked what that meant...

They were headed to a local guy with a snake flag (don't tread on me), the Hollywood version of "Rebel Flag", American flag hanging up side down, etc hanging on his home, and they were going to talk enviormental concerns & recycling because he blew a fuse every time.

I watched a guy walking in front of my car in a parking lot, stopped in front of my vehicle to pry a 'Darwin' (fish with feet) made of plastic off the vehicle in front of me, break it in two, use the sharp edge to gouge a cross in the driver's door, and laid the two halves on the roof over the driver's door.
    I cought it on my traffic camera, and called police, informed the driver when he returned to his car. Can't say if police found the guy or not, never heard back.

I was in DC on about 10 blocks east of the plaza when Trump was being sworn in.
    The NAZI bikers (for or opposed, I don't care) were at one side of a stop light.
    A group calling themselves 'Freaks & Fairies' were crossing at the light on foot.
    The bikers decided to communicate loudly with the fairies with middle fingers & NAZI salute.
    The fairies responded with glitter! (Perfect!) I laugh so hard I nearly wet myself...
    Nothing like a tiny girl wearing fairy wings tossing glitter over a bunch of NAZI bikers!

I don't like NAZIs, we literally fought a war against NAZIs, so it's not 'Alright' to be a NAZI, free speech or not...

DIRECT OBSERVATION.
    Car beat up, paint transfer in several different places = lousy driver.
    Looking down and slightly to right = mobile device/distracted driver.
    'Blue Face' at night = mobile device/distracted driver.
    Plastered with stickers = trying to communicate something without rebuttal.
    No brake light on one side = leave more distance. If they bother to use turn signals at all, it won't indicate on the burned out side.
    Rapid slow down without brake lights = no brake lights or hybird/electric with regenerative braking.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    No bumper stickers for me. I think they are tacky and juvenile.

I'd like Jeep Hammer's analysis of my environmental license plate, though. :):

Don't know your motive, but this is the only mud ball we have to live on.

Personally, keeping the biosphere habitable for humans is a pretty good idea, as I'm one of the humans that have no other planet to live on, so I'm biased in my opinion...
    Maybe carbon loving or pollution eating organisms are rooting against us, who knows...

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Id like your opinion of me if you don't mind.
    I have lots of stickers on my car. Nra, pro gun, molon labe, american flag, Izaak Walton, magpul, 1776 revolution.....i think you get the point.
    I havent had a ticket in my life, i dont cut people off, i dont flip people the bird, i dont leave firearms in my car, i havent had my car broken into, i havent gotten into fights over my stickers....what i have gotten is a s**tload of compliments.
    Am i trying to push an agenda on anyone? No. Has it struck up some conversations? Yes. During those conversations have i pushed an agenda on anyone? No. Ive simply gave my feelings to those that inquire. For those that inquire, they are obviously interested in my thoughts/opinion, so therefore i am not pushing it on anyone.
    Since when does having an opinion, mean you're pushing your ideology on someone.
    You sound very butthurt to me through your comments, and may want to think about what you say just a little more, before alienating those of whom you have no clue about.
    What you are doing is profiling and no more different that saying the guy with long hair smokes dope, or the girl with tattoos is a tramp.
    You sir, seem very shallow, but at least i have your statements to go by, other than just guessing based on bumper sticker!

Hopefully my brain diarrhea is articulate enough for you to understand.

Have a wonderful evening!

No, you didn't want an opinion, you wanted rebuttal time and to verbalize your opinion to perceived insults *YOU* assumed were directed at *YOU*.
    *YOUR* ego not withstanding, it was general opinions based on direct observation.

Since the OP asked for 'Opinions' on bumper stickers (in specific, firearms/opinion related), I simply responded with my opinion/observations of said stickers...

Since *YOUR* ego took it as a direct insult to *YOU*, (and again, it was general observations/opinion),
    And seeing as you admit you have a vehicle plastered with your OPINIONS, presented as statements that can't be rebutted flying down the highway at 70 MPH,

You then decided to BERATE & INSULT another user you don't know a thing about, simply because *YOUR* ego/Self Image decided it was OK to attack.
    This actually lends weight to my observations that people plastering their ideas/opinions have something of an impulse issue.
    Your impulse was to attack & insult, so you did, no second thoughts, no mental review of motives.

I would say to you...
    Stickers plastered to Windows is a vision obstruction.
    Your choice, and volume of stickers throws up warning flags to me in traffic.
    Your 'Safety Record' is what you say it is, Subjective and limited to your statements on the forum, since there isn't any proof of statements.

Since there is a direct link between the number of miles ANYONE drives a year,
    The roads they drive on,
    And the distance they get from home, known or unknown roadways, has a direct effect on driver safety records.
    People that drive less miles a year, doesn't get off known roadways have less accidents/tickets in general.
    Local person, known roadways, low miles means low exposure.

Time of day matters, drivers that travel at night hit more deer for example.

The type of licence you hold has a direct correlation to the amount of accidents & traffic tickets you get.
    A truck driver that travels 130,000 miles a year on unknown roadways, with 4 layers of DOT vehicle dedicated law enforcement, plus the three layers of civilian law enforcement, statistically has 1% of the violations of common 4 wheeler drivers, and 85% less accidents than common 4 wheeler drivers, with 85% of those accidents being caused entirely by 4 wheeler drivers.
    That's from federal DOT, national insurance institute, and NHTSA.
    Federal law prohibits DOT (commercial) drivers from getting warnings, so EVERY stop results in a ticket.

The typical American driver travels 13,000 (rural areas, 15,000) miles,
    Doesn't typically travel more than 60 miles from home, drives known familiar roads, doesn't drive more than 2 hours a week in darkness.
    Again, NTHSA, DOT.
    This is typical, *YOUR* specific details don't matter in this...
    Most of the US population live on the coastal areas (about 80%), and drive very little.

Cell phone/mobile device drivers have to be 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 times the legal limit drunk to be as dangerous as they are on a phone/mobile device. National insurance studies, DOT, NTHSA.

Agree or not, this is what the studies say... *YOUR* specific details are unimportant, just like mine are...

Direct observation of many years traveling in my job tells me what to look for, it's direct experience.
    You would be one of the people that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and you would be on my 'Watch List' until I was clear of you.
    Other than that, I don't know you, wouldn't venture a guess about your 'Nature' other than what you posted.
    I would give you the benefit of a doubt, everyone is my neighbor until they prove otherwise.
    Your actions are your own, the opinions of you WILL be different than your self image, that's human nature.

So drive safely, have a good day.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Plastered with stickers = trying to communicate something without rebuttal.

Seems to me you're just generalizing the actions of others, as in "all people who do x think y". My reasons for having a Gadsden flag on the front of my car (the don't tread on me snake you have described) and a couple of small stickers on the back of my car are not for the reason you state. I have no doubt there are some people who have stickers on their car who do it for that reason and I'm sure there are others who have other reasons. Same as why anyone does anything. They all have their reasons, whether they're good reasons or not. To say all people who have stickers on their car do so for the reasons you claim is a bit absurd. You don't know what their reasons are, you're just making something up that fits it in your mind, or perhaps you've talked to a couple of people and what they said lines up that way so you think everyone does it for the same reason. I don't know, but I have what I do on my car to show my support. My support of the NRA, my support of the 2nd Amendment and my support of a particular company (MagPul). No other reasons. I'm happy to stop and talk to someone about it if they ask (in a parking lot or something). I've had people honk and wave, give thumbs up, have had people stop me in parking lots to tell me "good job" or thanks for showing my support. I have yet to have a negative experience due to what is on my car. If I do, maybe I'll have to re-think my position, but for now I'm perfectly content with things as they are.

Top Bottom