• ...and so much more!
  • tyler318

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Washington
    Tks for all the responses.

We receive several hubfmdred packages a day at work via USPS. They suck. Hard.

Yes usps said I would have too wait so many days before local post office will contact me. I have had that gps done before.Package showed up fast. What I dont understand if the package is 2 hours from me and it takes 5 plus days too get here and it has no stops before it arrives at my local usps.where was my package for 5 days. Was it sitting in the back of some truck for 5 days. I dont understand it.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yes usps said I would have too wait so many days before local post office will contact me. I have had that gps done before.Package showed up fast. What I dont understand if the package is 2 hours from me and it takes 5 plus days too get here and it has no stops before it arrives at my local usps.where was my package for 5 days. Was it sitting in the back of some truck for 5 days. I dont understand it.
    It goes into a sort bin and sits until there’s enough other mail going to that location or area. We’ve had samples literally sit in the local PO for 2 weeks after 2 weeks of wandering the country just because the driver didn’t feel like picking it up. They aren’t like ups or fedex. They can have as ****ty of cs as they want because we are paying for it.

tyler318

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Washington
    Mine has left indianapolis.It is not at a facility it has too b the back of a dry van.no stops till it hurts washington Indiana. That's why it makes no sense.Is the driver sitting at the pilot for 5 days? It has too be sitting in a truck some were. I could have walked the package 100 miles and got it before now.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I have dealt with Midway with positive results so far, so in the end you'll probably be fine. Make then aware of the problem using email if you have to and know that it is a very stressful for anyone trying to maintain business as normal.

USPS informed delivery is a free service you can sign up for online and is great. You can see what's coming in your mail before it hits your box. I have had USPS, UPS and FEDEX all take packages the long way around (taken to wrong distribution center or seen them go backwards on the tracking info) at times but seldom lost anything.

tyler318

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Washington
    Their not responding too emails,live chat,phone calls. They have all their employees in the warehouse shipping. They shipped mine fast.they need too keep at least one person working on damage and lost packages. I'm sure I'm not the only person dealing with this.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    USPS informed delivery is a free service you can sign up for online and is great. You can see what's coming in your mail before it hits your box. I have had USPS, UPS and FEDEX all take packages the long way around (taken to wrong distribution center or seen them go backwards on the tracking info) at times but seldom lost anything.

I have informed delivery too and it's probably the best innovation to the postal service since buying stamps online. Highly recommended.

Also.. UPS and FedEx will do the same thing if you sign up for it. Now when I buy something from Walmart or Sam's, they send me the shipping confirmation and FedEx ships me on too that says where it's actually coming from. That's handy.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm sure larry potterfield has enough money too hire someone to take care of lost and damage packages

If Midway shipped it and provided tracking info (which wasn't clear to me from your initial post.... could just be me) there's not much they can do about it. USPS sucking may eventually end up back with Midway as an insurance claim, but until then, you've just got to wait it out.

As someone else linked, you can file a USPS complaint. In the past that has worked pretty well for me as the local postmaster individually emailed me back as apparently they're required to. That said, they still can't magically un-lose a package. I've had stuff show up like 3 weeks late before that looked like it went to war before it got here.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    I shipped 2x10 boxes of N95 mask to my elderly mother in Central NY a few weeks ago. USPS tracked fine for 2 days , arrived in Rochester, they captured 5 scans within Rochester for 2 days and it went to exception status, a “problem has occurred”. For 3 more days it stated they were aware and addressing the issue locally? I thought man it cracked open and those masks are appropriated to some bastard at USPS. I have never been more PO’d than having that conveniently happen and reading the wait time to do a claim, etc... 7 days later I got delivery notification. No idea what happened aside from it sat on a cart or in a pile somewhere kinda lost in limbo. Seemed obvious being N95’s they were never going to surface. Hopefully it’s the same situation for you and it shows up.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Only time my orders have problems is when the USPS is involved. They usually deliver to my neighbors who promptly call me or just bring it to me. If the neighbors do not have it I call the postmaster and ask where it is. The courier has usually delivered it to someone way off the beaten path and has to retrieve it, or he supposedly lost it in his vehicle. The lost in vehicle has happened several times, yet he Mark's it as delivered.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Where I am, the USPS is so bad with delivering packages, it's a deal breaker if a vendor insists on using them and won't allow me to pay extra for UPS or even Fedex.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The last few times I had missing deliveries, the local post office was able to use the delivery scan GPS location to locate my lost packages. They were delivered the next day.

The USPS Informed Delivery system emails daily delivery information.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

I have dealt with Midway with positive results so far, so in the end you'll probably be fine. Make then aware of the problem using email if you have to and know that it is a very stressful for anyone trying to maintain business as normal.

Informed delivery is a nice service. The few times something has not showed up as scheduled, I was able to click didn't receive and it showed uo very quickly there after.

Top Bottom