• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    USPS is a typical government service...sometimes it works many many times it does not. It's no wonder they are perennially out of money, looking to raise stamp prices and cut service.

I recently ordered a book "Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting" (before this latest pandemicmonium) it shipped from Nevada, landed in Iowa, then Illinois, another port in Illinois, then Baltimore, MD, Philadelphia, PA, Detroit, MI finally Indianapolis so it could actually be routed to me.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Most but not all shipping and receiving problems can be avoided by first understanding the logistics used by shippers. Then relationships with your delivery people are so important. I get personal text messages from my delivery people to help me stay on top of stuff. But then again most peeps do not even know or care to know those that provide the actual service of coming on your porch. You often get out of something what you put into it.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Most but not all shipping and receiving problems can be avoided by first understanding the logistics used by shippers. Then relationships with your delivery people are so important. I get personal text messages from my delivery people to help me stay on top of stuff. But then again most peeps do not even know or care to know those that provide the actual service of coming on your porch. You often get out of something what you put into it.

drink.gif

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    USPS is a typical government service...sometimes it works many many times it does not. It's no wonder they are perennially out of money, looking to raise stamp prices and cut service.

I recently ordered a book "Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting" (before this latest pandemicmonium) it shipped from Nevada, landed in Iowa, then Illinois, another port in Illinois, then Baltimore, MD, Philadelphia, PA, Detroit, MI finally Indianapolis so it could actually be routed to me.

To be fair, as I understand it, USPS is forced by regulation to go to every house, etc but also expected to be independently funded. It is expected to fund like a business but with a massive amount of regulation on how and what services it has to provide.

https://facts.usps.com/top-facts/

I'm not necessarily defending them or involved with USPS in any way, but they have some interesting aspects to deal with as a quasi govt entity.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    It's always the customers fault... :n00b:

it helps to identify just who is the customer..... the shipper is...not the receiver. Many contract shippers bid more for business volume and the shipper saves money but could care less how it is delivered in your area.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Won an auction on gunbroker last year from a seller in Pennsylvania and later through tracking I find the package arrived at a distribution center far west of IN , maybe Kansas City? The gun eventually made it all the way Los Angeles! I called the seller they said they could send me another but I figured I really didn't need a 10 1/2" 4 mag that bad. I think the shipper was USPS.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Gotta love that book rate postage.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Typically I have great luck with USPS. Only a couple minor things but with the volume of stuff they handle there’s going to be issues every now and then.

6 ish years ago I sent something to Texas in a 3 foot long priority tube and it got “lost” in Texas someplace. After myself and the buyer made a $1200 insurance claim it got scanned and delivered the next day. Only issue I’ve had to date really

that being said ordered somethings from Q on Monday. A package that was supposed to be delivered today was delivered yesterday. And the package that was supposed to be delivered yesterday I believe is still somewhere in New Hampshire

in a world of instant gratification waiting a couple extra days seems like an eternity

tyler318

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Washington
    Update: The package was delivered 5 days late priority mail. Midway USA responded too my email. So they are responding too emails.USPS did a gps scan and it arrived the next day. I don't know about other people's orders.They are getting my orders shipped the same day. Hell of a good job with everything that is going on.

HappyGrandpa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2017
    bit south of Indy
    Two weeks before Thanksgiving, Wife mailed a small care package to grandson in Army in Alaska. (USPS Priority Mail, 3-day delivery.) He didn't receive it as expected.

Three weeks ago (early March) he called to say he just got it and that he and the guys were chowing down on all the homemade cookies. HOOAH!

All's well that ends well, I guess.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Still waiting on a package out of Florida that shipped on the 26th. USPS states still in transit. Last scan on the 30th. Had a package from amazon delivered yesterday by USPS that had been ripped open and was in a large, ziploc type bag with a note stating they were sorry about the damaged package. I did place an order with Primary Arms at the beginning of last week that shipped by FedEx. It's what I chose. There was 1 or 2 other options that may have been cheaper but not by a lot. It was basically the "default" option on PA's website so I went with it. Received the item 2 days after it shipped. From Texas. $10 shipping charge.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Still waiting on an order from Extreem Tactical shipped on the March 20th. Tracking says "package acceptance pending" Extreem's Customer Service put a tracker on it, but no movement at the post office yet.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    While I've been having good luck with all the shippers lately, I just noticed Fedex sent my Brownells order from Chicago to Walton, KY instead of Indy as it should have. Looks like this one will be a few days late.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    They're flooded folks.
    Just like the holidays, except they don't have extra delivery lined up & ready to go.

Add 10-14 days to whatever is used to be/expected. Don't even start to sweat it until then.

And there's no longer anything really "rush" about your shipping options these days.
    :dunno:

tyler318

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    Washington
    Does anyone else have this problem. About every other package I get from fedex.They dont deliver it on the scheduled day. It always says did not attempt delivery at the end of the scheduled delivery day. I guess fed drivers deliver when they feel like it. I have never had these problems with usps or ups just fedex

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    I like Brownells, but I won't order from them because they only ship FedEx.

Brownells will ship ups if you call them and make ups your preferred shipper. After multiple issues with fedex I called Brownells and made them aware of the issues. The asked if I preferred UPS, I said yes, one year later still receiving Brownells packages via UPS.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Brownells will ship ups if you call them and make ups your preferred shipper. After multiple issues with fedex I called Brownells and made them aware of the issues. The asked if I preferred UPS, I said yes, one year later still receiving Brownells packages via UPS.

Good to know.

Top Bottom