DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yuck! That sounds nasty.
    Yes it does. Still better than being on a feeding tube though, so she's got to try and keep her calorie intake up. If she loses too much weight, they'll put her on the tube. Been there, done that with her before and it was awful. And the worst part was when they took it out. She said it hurt like crazy. :(

Lpherr

Occupied
    Yes it does. Still better than being on a feeding tube though, so she's got to try and keep her calorie intake up. If she loses too much weight, they'll put her on the tube. Been there, done that with her before and it was awful. And the worst part was when they took it out. She said it hurt like crazy. :(
    I hope it doesn't get to that point. Life is hard enough without dealing with this type of crap.
    I'm so sorry you two are being tested. You both will pull through it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Thanks, me too! Might be best that she's getting rest though, although it's interrupted rest from them checking her vitals about every 2 hours from what she's told me. She said the "pureed" food choices are pretty sucky. Guess they had something called "beef and gravy" last night and she said it looked like little pieces of meatloaf in gravy, but it had the consistency of canned dogfood. :puke:
    I believe they call that a "mechanical soft diet" designed for those that are having trouble swallowing. It is yucky and not very appetizing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just had some leftover delivery pizza from last night. It was pretty good this time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I believe they call that a "mechanical soft diet" designed for those that are having trouble swallowing. It is yucky and not very appetizing.
    Yeah, she told me what they had - chicken, turkey, beef... I was hoping maybe they had something like tuna salad or chicken salad - those might be a little more tolerable pureed.

She said that someone there said they could possibly put a "stent" in her esophagus to hold it open more. Don't know if that will be an option or not.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    They are newer technology, that are supposed to be superior to cell batteries. Most newer cars have them, if they have a lot of electrical gadgets.
    The purpose of two is the main battery supplies the vehicle as normal, and the other is an auxiliary battery for the start/stop function.
    I'd disable the auto start / stop feature myself. It can't be good on the motor/ starter shutting off and starting at lights and stop signs

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom