• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I find it interesting when having these discussions either in person or via forums how many people "collect". I imagine most people collect something.

Me, I don't collect anything and the few items I do have would be gone if it wasn't for my wife wanting to have a few knick-knacks around the house.:)

FMJ, it is fun to build an AR and you can get plenty of help around here. They don't multiply for me like others have said, but I have built 8 I think over the years. All but two have found new homes.

Several were run of the mill SHTF type, plinker rifles (still good out to 300 yards or so), and a couple were precision rigs capable of competing in Highpower competitions.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    competition shooting
    ham radio
    astronomy
    camping
    music (haven't done anything in many years, though I keep thinking about starting back up, maybe w/ a new instrument)

sold my motorcycle many years ago.... a regret I carry to this day.

I find it interesting when having these discussions either in person or via forums how many people "collect". I imagine most people collect something.

Me, I don't collect anything ...

same here. I see no reason to have stuff just to have it.
    fine if that's your thing, but collecting has never appealed to me...

I have too much of some things, like knives, but that's more because I found something I wanted to use, then later found something better, and just never got around to going through them for the garage sales...

-rvb

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have cycled through so many.
    Camping.
    Boating.
    Motor cycles.
    Racing on "ALL" levels.
    Shooting and anything gun related.
    Carpentry.
    Now we are slowing down. Guns and the Gkids.

W3s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Blowing glass is my #1 hobby at the moment. Almost (if not more) as expensive as a gun hobby. And almost (if not more) fun.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Amateur volleyball
    Music (trombone, autoharp)
    Pocket watch collecting and repair
    Woodworking
    Chicken herding
    Backpacking
    Bicycling
    Civil War Navy reenacting
    Deer hunting (mostly unsuccessfully)
    Reloading
    Maple syrup making
    Archery
    Petting the kitty
    Fighting with the kitty to determine who owns the top of the stairs
    Wild edibles
    Moss and fern ID
    Gardening
    Hoping to get into long distance shooting, maybe 3-gun
    Car repair (out of necessity)
    Cross-country skiing
    Currency/coin collecting

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I like starting businesses. I turned my trailer into a night club. And I pick up shopping carts and sell them back to the store.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I dabble in RC as well. I have 2 1/10 scale nitro stadium trucks, one is Traxxas the other is Team Losi.

I am a big gear head. I have helped restore several vehicles, worked on race cars.
    I go to lots of racing events every year between supercross, Nascar, Indy Car, and Salem Speedway.
    Other hobbies include:
    hunting
    camping
    hiking
    rappelling
    cooking (catering and competing in BBQ contests)
    dirt bike riding
    home brewing
    wine making

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Hunting is the main one for me... all facets of it: running trail cams, shed hunting, land management, scouting out of state/country trip planning.

Others include:
    Fishing, though I've grown a bit fickle lately. If it is something new and different(especially salt water) or is likely to put a lot of tasty fillets in the freezer then I'm in. If it is bass and catfish I often don't bother any more.
    Reloading
    Reading
    Board games
    Gardening

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I also enjoy racing.
    Lockpicking is cool but I dont practice anymore. Ive helped a couple of ingo members out of a jam before though by having the skill.
    I enjoy playing with investing as a hobby besides serious investing for the future.
    Used to love camping but haven't went in a while because my wife hates it.
    Love metal detecting but do not have the health for that now.
    I do very much enjoy reading. I am a fast reader and knock out books quick.
    I love watching good movies or tv series. I do not like sitcoms if thats what they are called where they basically stay in one building the whole show.
    Fishing is something Id like to take my children to do but finding a good spot is not easy.
    I really enjoy history. So anything on that subject. I really like to learn new things about it or various subjects.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I USED to rock climb. But that was nearly 25 years and a few more pounds than that. :):
    - 0028.JPG

Though I am on hiatus until the kids are older, I was a skydiving instructor. I hope to be in the air again in 5-10 years. I used to shoot video for competitors and tandems, but had to stop that after a hard opening at Nationals one year. Too much stress on my neck from the helmet mounted cams. 18 years later and I still have trouble with my neck.
    33860_483276809387_7458753_n.jpg

And one of the few crazy enough to still jump conventional gear (round parachutes from the 60s and 70s) in the early 2000s. Terrifying and fun as hell at the same time. Unlike modern gear, the old stuff had a higher rate of failure. So Come opening time, there was a much higher pucker factor. The conventional rig I owned for a while was actually about 5 years older than me.
    Goofyrig.jpg

Oh, and I was a private pilot before I started skydiving. I gave that up to jump. I could either pay $70+/hr wet, or get paid to ride and jump out. DUH!

Now I stick to other hobbies like model railroading and annoying my wife. (I'm REALLY good at the latter) Just ask her!

EDIT: Almost forgot... HAM radio!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom