4x4's
    vans
    raced off road trucks
    played semi pro football
    coached youth football
    played baseball/softball
    coached softball
    played hockey, both ice and inline
    competitive shooting USPSA, bowling pins, and started steel challenge last year
    riding my harley

sold my off road truck a couple weeks ago, and now in the process of scrapping left over parts and hardware.
    i'm slowly starting to "downsize" a lot of crap thats been laying around for way too long.
    i'm 61 years old, and am really starting to feel my age. it's time to start "purging" the excess crap from my basement and garage thats been accumulating for the 12 years we've been here...

:cheers:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Collecting is my hobby.
    -Guns
    -Watches. All watches.
    -Autographed items. Especially presidential, but anything historical.
    -Game used baseball items
    -signed baseballs
    1950's Gibson Les Paul Juniors or any 50's Gibson (started with jr's)
    -antiques
    - theres some. Gotta leave some mystery right?
    That is one cool hobby right there. As a former guitar player, those are some of the hardest to find but most beautiful guitars.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I used to collect comic books, I need to sell them so I can gain back the space.

I still play board, card games, and computer games. I also teach people to play card and board games.

Recently I have been enjoying going to car shows, and will be doing things to my car. Mostly cosmetic for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Raced dirt late models last century but had to give up due to limited funds and talent.
    Ive built and flown RC planes and helicopters since the ‘80s. Last couple years have been flying racing quadcopters for fun. Still flying a little control line down at Pioneer park in Mooresville.
    Ham radio has been a new endeavor the last couple years as well.
    I gave up my dirt bikes 3 years ago along with my road race track bike. I figured I’d gotten away with no injuries for way too long and at 55+, you don’t heal well anymore. Still tooling around Indiana on my Kawasaki Concours C-14 though.
    Latest goal is a 60 mile ride on my bicycle next Friday, my 60th birthday. Training hasn’t been going as well as intended so I may fall short of that goal.
    I’d say reloading but that is just a financial need to keep shooting costs in check.

Matt

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    -Reloading.
    -Riding my Street Glide.
    -Restoring my '64 El Camino.

I like El Caminos. I have thought that one might be the perfect retirement vehicle for me. I could have the muscle car I want and be able to haul stuff occasionally.

Part of me wants to do another car, but the way I'm losing steam on my major home reno, the more I think I'd be better off doing a car that is 80% complete.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I like El Caminos. I have thought that one might be the perfect retirement vehicle for me. I could have the muscle car I want and be able to haul stuff occasionally.

Part of me wants to do another car, but the way I'm losing steam on my major home reno, the more I think I'd be better off doing a car that is 80% complete.

If you get an 80% chasis of a car you can complete the build with out needing to register it with the BMV.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My cars are the big one. . . . well most expensive one.

I also collect autographs. I go to Dork Conventions around the area if there is someone I want a signature from. I have maybe 100 pictures, posters, guitars signed by various actors, sports stars, musicians and even a President (Reagan). Indy has a couple good shows this summer, so I will be down. I am in and out. I collect my signatures and leave, not real interested in hanging out for the day.

I also buy various man cave items. Pool tables, air hockey and full size arcade machines. I tend to rotate once in a while.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

Yeah the bed definitely is a perk, yet it's still a Chevelle front. We're doing some house stuff as well so I stay busy for sure.

I tell myself if I do another one, it'll be a steel '32 Ford Roadster rolling chassis. Just add the fun stuff and drive, so I hear ya on the 80% route.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Outside of normal work the thing that keeps me the busiest is being a hockey referee. But I get paid for that, so not really a hobby per se. I do mostly adult league and youth games, but I get a few low level college games thrown in every season.

I like photography, biking, hiking and camping. I also read a lot. These days it's mostly non-fiction. I really enjoy learning new things and reading about history.

I have a 7 and a 4 year old so they keep me too busy to really dive into anything too fully.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Oh, I almost forgot (that's what winter and old age does to you).... in the Spring and Summer, I like cat herding.

Takes some really well-trained dogs to help you enjoy it.....
    :lmfao:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh, I almost forgot (that's what winter and old age does to you).... in the Spring and Summer, I like cat herding.

Takes some really well-trained dogs to help you enjoy it.....
    :lmfao:

Our cat usually herds the dogs. Or at least the chihuahua. I think the cat thinks she's just a really big mouse. :):

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I enjoy building things/working with metal. It's fun to know that I can build something for a lot less than buying.

For example...

11twhte.jpg

Less than $150 in eight shelves

Or this...

qqqwkg.jpg

Less than $10 (not including the mailbox)

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I enjoy building things/working with metal. It's fun to know that I can build something for a lot less than buying.

For example...

Less than $150 in eight shelves

Or this...

Less than $10 (not including the mailbox)

Nice! I do the same type of stuff with wood.

Top Bottom