• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I have watched this video a couple times and just realized he is saying it's forged also. wtf. I knew I wasn't crazy. he says it multiple times too. he also keeps saying 5160 and that's not correct.

misinformation has a way of becoming fact for this very reason.

his dodging of your question, obviously, says something to me. i am the last one to question a guy, but he either doesn't UNDERSTAND, or does........

Zombieman34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wells, Co
    I also just picked one up this last 1500, after passing them up the last couple. thought they supposed to be good quality hawks now I have to wonder. Keep us posted on the warranty. Definently going out this weekend to put it through its paces.

capn willie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Wow - that was close............
    Catching up on recent posts and saw the OP's title for this thread
    Was expecting to open it up and see this

images

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    brad I agree and I will be pushing the issue but I can't take a 125 dollar hit. I either need my money back or a new hawk. even if he takes care of me I'm not just going to drop the thread or anything. I just need to make sure my issue is taken care of. maybe I'm not saying this right or something.

I will tell everyone this. search bladeforums for 2hawks post. the orignal use to post over there and it is 100 percent these are cast hawks no question about it. he left his molds to devin that is also common knowledge over there what I am trying to really figure out is if he is misunderstanding people or of he is just telling people what they want to hear about a product.

If it where me, I would opt for the refund. After hearing him dodge your direct question do you really want to chance ending up with another cast hawk?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    LATEST UPDATE****

well I called devin again this morning (been a week figured I should have heard something) and he didn't answer. he did call me back a hour later and we spoke. he said that he is changing up a lot of things in the business now and that he is getting a new steel supplier and even redoing his designs a bit. he was very apologetic today about the broken hawk and said he felt bad that it failed. he said with the changes and what not it would probably be 3-5 weeks before he could get me a knew one and asked me what I wanted to do. I said that is going to be a bit to much time for me to wait for a replacement and I would take the refund. he took my address and other information and was still apologizing and telling me how he felt bad. I said no worries every business/operation will have problems it's all about how you handle those. I told him I couldn't wait that long because I have a couple camping trips coming up and I want to take out a solid hawk with me to use. he said ok well I will get your refund in the mail today and to make sure you have a solid hawk with you on the trip I will send you for one of my new double bit hawks free of charge as a way to take care of this situation. I am satisfied with the way this is being handled and hopefully the little double bit will hold up like all the other hawks you guys have.

I was in the middle of lunch at a restaurant and didn't have a ton of time to talk and I know for sure the hawks are cast so I didn't bother pushing the issue but I am definitely going to speak with him at the 1500 and listen to exactly what he says and ask him a couple more questions.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    this is the largest down fall of warranty work on customs. replacements can take awhile!

glad he is squaring you away!

LATEST UPDATE****

well I called devin again this morning (been a week figured I should have heard something) and he didn't answer. he did call me back a hour later and we spoke. he said that he is changing up a lot of things in the business now and that he is getting a new steel supplier and even redoing his designs a bit. he was very apologetic today about the broken hawk and said he felt bad that it failed. he said with the changes and what not it would probably be 3-5 weeks before he could get me a knew one and asked me what I wanted to do. I said that is going to be a bit to much time for me to wait for a replacement and I would take the refund. he took my address and other information and was still apologizing and telling me how he felt bad. I said no worries every business/operation will have problems it's all about how you handle those. I told him I couldn't wait that long because I have a couple camping trips coming up and I want to take out a solid hawk with me to use. he said ok well I will get your refund in the mail today and to make sure you have a solid hawk with you on the trip I will send you for one of my new double bit hawks free of charge as a way to take care of this situation. I am satisfied with the way this is being handled and hopefully the little double bit will hold up like all the other hawks you guys have.

I was in the middle of lunch at a restaurant and didn't have a ton of time to talk and I know for sure the hawks are cast so I didn't bother pushing the issue but I am definitely going to speak with him at the 1500 and listen to exactly what he says and ask him a couple more questions.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    well it showed up today. refund was in cash (which I like lol) and the 2 bit hawk is pretty nice. chops pretty dang good for a little guy. I didn't get to get out yet in the woods but I took it out to some firewood. it would make a hell of a pack hatchet or bob tool. now on to the bad I have noticed already. some of you may think I'm being overly critical since he threw it in for free as a bonus since the other broke but I feel a honest review is always best.

he threw in a nice leather sheath. one of the snaps on the inside isn't flat and actually sticks out making it very hard to put the hawk in and actually scratching the blade. also on the bottom of it the leather is splitting. pics to follow of it all. none of this is a huge deal but if I had paid for this stuff I wouldn't be happy at all. not so sure if this is a issue or not but it's never happened on any of my wetterlings or gransfors. as I chopped with it the head actually started moving off the handle. not a ton but a 1/4 of a inch or so and it made me nervous that it might come off completely. I continued chopping and it didn't seem to move much more but still makes me nervous.

DSCN0394.jpg

DSCN0393.jpg

the splitting leather

DSCN0395.jpg

not a good picture but you can see the back of the snap protruding and what not

DSCN0396.jpg

and of the head moving up on the handle. and a picture of the handle so you can see how much it moved

DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0399.jpg

I do like this design and hawk. it's a great little tool and will be very useful in the woods , on the farm, or in the trunk of a vehicle. I'm not sure what these little guys cost so I can't say much on that. and who knows maybe he threw in the sheath he did because he gave it to me free but if buying in person definitely inspect it as they cost more. all in all I'm happy with the end results and the warranty wasn't difficult at all.

Last edited:

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    Geeze Gruntsoldier! complaining about a free hawk!?!?! Nothings ever good enough for you knife snobs

just messin with you, I'm glad the issue's been resolved and youre happy!

[edit] also, do you live next to a graveyard?

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    updated updated. contact made about warranty

Ok so I got ahold of devin "2hawks" price today at 0820. said hey I'm so and so I have left you a few messages and sent you a couple emails and he said "ok", like he hadn't got any of them. I explained the situation about the broken hawk and he said I'm very sorry we will get you a new one. no questions asked, nothing about returning the old one, so that is nice he is standing behind his product. as a heads up to everyone he told me straight up. something must have been wrong with this batch of steel because I have only had one hawk break in 7 years and in the past couple months I have had 5-7 hawks break. I told him that doesn't make me confident in his product. he said he would be testing all hawks once they come in (come in???) so I asked him how long it would take him to get me a replacement and he said he isn't sure? it all depends on how long it takes him to get his steel in. I said please let me know because if it's going to be to long I would prefer a refund. he asked for my number and said he would keep me updated. so not a bad process for the warranty. Now for the debate of whether they are forged or cast!

I told him it looked liked like the hawks were cast not forged and he ignored the question. So I specifically asked him are these hawks forged? he said yes we do all grinding, sharpening ect.. in the shop(that isn't what I asked though). so once he finished up that information. I asked him are you hawks cast or forged. He kinda of acted like he didn't hear the question and just went on with the conversation asking me for my information and telling me about the recent spree in broken hawks. I wanted to push this issue a lot more to hear him say yes they are cast or no they are forged(like a lot of people have been told at the shows) but I also want to make sure I get my situation taken care of. so after I either get my new hawk or my refund then I'll just ask again and not let him beat around the bush.

YIKES - sounds like a guy who is running for president! Talk about a dodge.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    [edit] also, do you live next to a graveyard?

Did you not see the pics of all his cold steel and deep woods hideout in the opening of the thread. I mean, not everyone is going to come up with the ransome for their kids and he has to put all those bodies somewhere, right.? :D

Grunt, I like the way you camp! I'm jealous. I haven't made the time to get out like that in years and I miss it dearly. :yesway::patriot:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Did you not see the pics of all his cold steel and deep woods hideout in the opening of the thread. I mean, not everyone is going to come up with the ransome for their kids and he has to put all those bodies somewhere, right.? :D

Grunt, I like the way you camp! I'm jealous. I haven't made the time to get out like that in years and I miss it dearly. :yesway::patriot:

lol. a lot of people told me it looked like we were in a bum village lol. we keep it simple and just have fun :)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

lol. a lot of people told me it looked like we were in a bum village lol. we keep it simple and just have fun :)

You look like one of those Wall Street occupiers that I have been seeing on the news lately. :laugh:

Top Bottom