• ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    updated updated. contact made about warranty

Ok so I got ahold of devin "2hawks" price today at 0820. said hey I'm so and so I have left you a few messages and sent you a couple emails and he said "ok", like he hadn't got any of them. I explained the situation about the broken hawk and he said I'm very sorry we will get you a new one. no questions asked, nothing about returning the old one, so that is nice he is standing behind his product. as a heads up to everyone he told me straight up. something must have been wrong with this batch of steel because I have only had one hawk break in 7 years and in the past couple months I have had 5-7 hawks break. I told him that doesn't make me confident in his product. he said he would be testing all hawks once they come in (come in???) so I asked him how long it would take him to get me a replacement and he said he isn't sure? it all depends on how long it takes him to get his steel in. I said please let me know because if it's going to be to long I would prefer a refund. he asked for my number and said he would keep me updated. so not a bad process for the warranty. Now for the debate of whether they are forged or cast!

I told him it looked liked like the hawks were cast not forged and he ignored the question. So I specifically asked him are these hawks forged? he said yes we do all grinding, sharpening ect.. in the shop(that isn't what I asked though). so once he finished up that information. I asked him are you hawks cast or forged. He kinda of acted like he didn't hear the question and just went on with the conversation asking me for my information and telling me about the recent spree in broken hawks. I wanted to push this issue a lot more to hear him say yes they are cast or no they are forged(like a lot of people have been told at the shows) but I also want to make sure I get my situation taken care of. so after I either get my new hawk or my refund then I'll just ask again and not let him beat around the bush.

Last edited:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    The way that went makes me think he was once a used car salesman. Thanks for the report, I won't be doing business with anyone that can't give me a straight forward answer to a straight forward question about the product. Obviously attempting to hide something.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Hawkgate-the cover up?

Ok so I got ahold of devin "2hawks" price today at 0820. said hey I'm so and so I have left you a few messages and sent you a couple emails and he said "ok", like he hadn't got any of them. I explained the situation about the broken hawk and he said I'm very sorry we will get you a new one. no questions asked, nothing about returning the old one, so that is nice he is standing behind his product. as a heads up to everyone he told me straight up. something must have been wrong with this batch of steel because I have only had one hawk break in 7 years and in the past couple months I have had 7 hawks break. I told him that doesn't make me confident in his product. he said he would be testing all hawks once they come in (come in???) so I asked him how long it would take him to get me a replacement and he said he isn't sure? it all depends on how long it takes him to get his steel in. I said please let me know because if it's going to be to long I would prefer a refund. he asked for my number and said he would keep me updated. so not a bad process for the warranty. Now for the debate of whether they are forged or cast!

I told him it looked liked like the hawks were cast not forged and he ignored the question. So I specifically asked him are these hawks forged? he said yes we do all grinding, sharpening ect.. in the shop(that isn't what I asked though). so once he finished up that information. I asked him are you hawks cast or forged. He kinda of acted like he didn't hear the question and just went on with the conversation asking me for my information and telling me about the recent spree in broken hawks. I wanted to push this issue a lot more to hear him say yes they are cast or no they are forged(like a lot of people have been told at the shows) but I also want to make sure I get my situation taken care of. so after I either get my new hawk or my refund then I'll just ask again and not let him beat around the bush.

Something doesn't smell right....when a seller avoids a direct question or beats around the bush about a product question, something is fishy. When someone asks me a question I'll give a answer and if I don't know, I'll tell them that I don't know, but I'll find out and get back to them with the answer. :twocents:

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think that perhaps the answer to the important question lies not in the answer given... But in the lack of the answer given...

-J-

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Grunt, is this you?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2EQWCpnIR8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    This thread makes me glad that I didn't find him at the 1500, because I was gonna get one of his hawks. After hearing how he has dodged the question of cast or forge, telling people they are forged and the pictures that clearly look like cast, he sounds a little too shady to do business with. Just my .02

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I'm about to go home and break mine just to see for myself! I absolutly love mine, but if it's cast I'm gonna be a little bit pissed! His hawks are beautiful, but I want mine to ready when I really need it more than looking good hanging on the wall.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

Ok so I got ahold of devin "2hawks" price today at 0820. said hey I'm so and so I have left you a few messages and sent you a couple emails and he said "ok", like he hadn't got any of them. I explained the situation about the broken hawk and he said I'm very sorry we will get you a new one. no questions asked, nothing about returning the old one, so that is nice he is standing behind his product. as a heads up to everyone he told me straight up. something must have been wrong with this batch of steel because I have only had one hawk break in 7 years and in the past couple months I have had 5-7 hawks break. I told him that doesn't make me confident in his product. he said he would be testing all hawks once they come in (come in???) so I asked him how long it would take him to get me a replacement and he said he isn't sure? it all depends on how long it takes him to get his steel in. I said please let me know because if it's going to be to long I would prefer a refund. he asked for my number and said he would keep me updated. so not a bad process for the warranty. Now for the debate of whether they are forged or cast!

I would pushing this issue regardless of whether he takes care of me or not. If (I'm not saying he is at this point) he is misrepresenting his product to the public, people need to know. Do you realize how many people come through the average Indy 1500 show? Also, I'm sure he does other shows besides the Indy 1500.

I would be taking the broken hawk to a metallurgist or someone with a professional background and have it looked at for a professional opinion. I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell whether it's casted or forged, but it sure looks casted to me.
    :twocents:

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I'm about to go home and break mine just to see for myself! I absolutly love mine, but if it's cast I'm gonna be a little bit pissed! His hawks are beautiful, but I want mine to ready when I really need it more than looking good hanging on the wall.

dave don't do that lol. I have been checking a lot into this and there is no question they have been cast since day one. I'm not sure if he is misunderstanding what is being asked or if he is really just dodging the question on purpose because most folks will never know the difference. on blade forums the original 2hawks had posted about the hawks being cast all the time. pretty much everyone over there says there is no question they are cast.

his hawks have a very good reputation and most seem to hold up well and so far he is going to fix this. Dave you use your hawks throwing and chopping ect. if it was going to break it probably already would have. like he said maybe this go round he just got a bad batch.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I would pushing this issue regardless of whether he takes care of me or not. If (I'm not saying he is at this point) he is misrepresenting his product to the public, people need to know. Do you realize how many people come through the average Indy 1500 show? Also, I'm sure he does other shows besides the Indy 1500.

I would be taking the broken hawk to a metallurgist or someone with a professional background and have it looked at for a professional opinion. I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell whether it's casted or forged, but it sure looks casted to me.
    :twocents:

brad I agree and I will be pushing the issue but I can't take a 125 dollar hit. I either need my money back or a new hawk. even if he takes care of me I'm not just going to drop the thread or anything. I just need to make sure my issue is taken care of. maybe I'm not saying this right or something.

I will tell everyone this. search bladeforums for 2hawks post. the orignal use to post over there and it is 100 percent these are cast hawks no question about it. he left his molds to devin that is also common knowledge over there what I am trying to really figure out is if he is misunderstanding people or of he is just telling people what they want to hear about a product.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    dave don't do that lol. I have been checking a lot into this and there is no question they have been cast since day one. I'm not sure if he is misunderstanding what is being asked or if he is really just dodging the question on purpose because most folks will never know the difference. on blade forums the original 2hawks had posted about the hawks being cast all the time. pretty much everyone over there says there is no question they are cast.

his hawks have a very good reputation and most seem to hold up well and so far he is going to fix this. Dave you use your hawks throwing and chopping ect. if it was going to break it probably already would have. like he said maybe this go round he just got a bad batch.

Thats great that you were able to find out they are cast, but still he lied to you by saying they are forged. If it happens to be a misunderstanding or lack of knowledge, he should say so or not be selling his hawks. If you don't know the answer, find out the answer, find someone who does, or say "I don't know", but by all means DON'T LIE ABOUT IT! :twocents:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Maybe 2hawks are misinformed about the word "forged"....

that-word-inigo-montoya-word-think-means-princess-bride-mand-demotivational-poster-1260739585.jpg

These here are cast in a forge.

These here have been forged - that means we do all the grinding, sharpening ect.

:dunno:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    brad I agree and I will be pushing the issue but I can't take a 125 dollar hit. I either need my money back or a new hawk. even if he takes care of me I'm not just going to drop the thread or anything. I just need to make sure my issue is taken care of. maybe I'm not saying this right or something.

I will tell everyone this. search bladeforums for 2hawks post. the orignal use to post over there and it is 100 percent these are cast hawks no question about it. he left his molds to devin that is also common knowledge over there what I am trying to really figure out is if he is misunderstanding people or of he is just telling people what they want to hear about a product.

I understand wanting your money or a replacement hawk.

I already had done the research and was about 99% sure that they were casted from the info over on blade forums, but really didn't want to say too much here as it is your dog in the fight, but the more I thought about it, the more upset I got because when a vendor is misrepresenting something at shows, it does not reflect well on the show or other vendors, whether that is fair or not...it happens.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well...... if you don't get a replacement you can always ring up Elrond......

Maybe the skill of the elves can recast the hatchet?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vORBV2MvfuE[/ame]

Primordial

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    SouthEast Indiana
    This thread leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I purchased a Warbeast at the 1500 this last go around on the idea that it was indeed forged. I'm new to the custom world of knives, hatchets/hawks and I have feel like I have been taken. I guess I will have to starting researching more before buying. But I liked the idea of taking a mans word with his handshake. I will give my Hawk a good work over this weekend and see if one of mine came form that "bad batch of steel"

If I'm not mistaken Canterbury's Scout Hawk is a 2hawk product. In this video he clams his hawk is being "forged" here the USA. Misinformed?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMEijASqElE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMEijASqElE[/ame]

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I have watched this video a couple times and just realized he is saying it's forged also. wtf. I knew I wasn't crazy. he says it multiple times too. he also keeps saying 5160 and that's not correct.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom