• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    According to the warrant, in addition to 70 pages of charges, they also mention that they have seized all Outlaws property at two locations in Indy. I doubt if they will have picnics there. The property in Ft Wayne has been boarded up and secured. The FBI (or other agency) removed all signs and markings from the building. The tent is still half up, but I don't think too many Outlaws will be attending.

What kind of sammiches did you fix? You might be able to have them delivered to the lock-up.

Edit: I only live 3 blocks away and in spite of their (alleged) criminal activities, the guys were good neighbors. As others have said, they took care of problems in the neighborhood and watched out for folks in this area.
    I don't believe we have so many sympathizers of criminals.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Hitler was a great orator and knew how to motivate his people. That doesn't mean I endorse his actions or support his evil deeds. I didn't say the Outlaws were unfairly treated or deserved amnesty. I just said they were good neighbors.

If convicted, they deserve any punishment handed down by the court. There's a difference......

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Perhaps it is because many have less than stellar records themselves.
    Everyone on this board has done something that they could have been arrested for doing.

On another note. I wish warrants would be served more often. In my opinion the state and local police should put more emphasis on this part of their job. Getting the "wanted" off the streets would be a great way to reduce crime.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    URL="http://media2.wane.com/_local/site/PDFs/News/Outlaws.pdf"]http://media2.wane.com/_local/site/PDFs/News/Outlaws.pdf[/URL]

^^^ reading that, it looks like many of them could run for political office and fit right in.
    No kidding. A little more tax evasion and they could be looking at a cabinet position with our current administration. Or maybe a Senate seat.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    No kidding. A little more tax evasion and they could be looking at a cabinet position with our current administration. Or maybe a Senate seat.
    never happen most bikers have morals,values and souls they could never work for the gubbmint.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I wonder who is going to take over the drug trade if the Police can successfully hold these guys. Maybe gangster disciples, maybe hells angels? I am glad the law enforcement did their job without a bunch of dead officers, but I assure you, this "victory" is only a light dusting of the surface.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    People who don't take an active role in keeping their neighborhood safe, don't get any sympathy from me. I sure wouldn't turn to criminals for comfort and security. I think that people like Mary are probably grandstanding because they are afraid of the gang. Mary probably doesn't believe in guns either, except maybe in the hands of criminals.:rolleyes:

I agree with you about taking an active role in keeping a safe neighborhood, but one person can't do it alone either. These guys weren't angels, but they were at least respectful of their neighbors, and had some kind of moral code that the neighbors respected.

I don't think Mary turned to these guys for wanting to keep the neighborhood more secure, but she certainly found solace in the fact that these guys by their very presence, offered a deterrent to those that would have otherwise caused people to be in fear while walking down the street.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    So you think that the HA, Outlaws, etc. should just be left alone to live their alternate life style?

I think when the government is running guns, training future terrorists, and aiding in the drug trade a fairly small number of competitors might not be that bad for them. Many common street gangs could be constantly tried for RICO but we don't see that and we don't see a lot of RICO sticking in the case of bikers.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just now getting around to reading this story. I wondered just how close to the top I would read "U.S. Attorney Joe Hogsett."
    Please pardon my skepticism, but it always has seemed that Mr. Hogset's mission in life is to promote Mr. Hogset.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

That would be unfortunate. :rolleyes:

There used to be a Mexican restaurant on the North side of Indy that had the best food, until being raided by INS. The food would suck for a while, and it start becoming better again a short while later.

It was a vicious circle.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Mary Case, who lives across the street from Outlaws Indianapolis clubhouse, said she saw FBI agents there about 7:30 a.m.
    She said the people at Outlaws Indianapolis usually watch over the neighborhood.
    "In my eyes, they're good people. They keep this part of this neighborhood safe," said Case, who has been living near Jefferson Avenue and New York Street for more than a year. "I feel safe within this vicinity due to them being here. They don't bother nobody."

I'm thinking that Mary would have made a good little Nazi, i.e. "We didn't know what was going on inside the camp!" We felt safe with all the soldiers stationed here.

Many people in the neighborhood love the outlaws. Unlike your average street gang, outlaws keep everything "in house". If you meet an outlaw on the street they are generally quite cordial. The outlaws on NY street always buy the neighborhood kids ice cream when the truck rolls by...no ****.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Many people in the neighborhood love the outlaws. Unlike your average street gang, outlaws keep everything "in house". If you meet an outlaw on the street they are generally quite cordial. The outlaws on NY street always buy the neighborhood kids ice cream when the truck rolls by...no ****.

They are good guys for the most part.

It's probably a safe bet to say that folks in John Gatti's neighborhood felt the same way at one time. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom