• ...and so much more!
  • bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    To shoot or not to shoot, that is the question. :draw::ar15:
    Pantless Stranger Found Sleeping In Evansville Home - Tristatehomepage-Eyewitness News

After reading some other threads I have to wonder how many INGOers would have shot this guy on sight and how many would have taken the time to see if he was a genuine threat.

What would be the justification for shooting him? He's asleep on the couch. Grab your gun, sit on the chair, call the cops and watch him till they show up.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    A sleeping drunk is no threat. I agree with grab your gun, your phone, call 911, keep the idiot covered, wait until the police arrive, and let them handle the idiot. No need to kill someone for stumbling into the wrong house and falling asleep on the wrong couch. Now all bets are off if someone is beating on my door and they are told to vacate the premises and they dont and finally break thru the door, police called or not, at that point they are a threat and will be dealt with accordingly.

Gunner

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    What would be the justification for shooting him? He's asleep on the couch. Grab your gun, sit on the chair, call the cops and watch him till they show up.

Almost.....but why stay in the house? Grab your gun, quietly - get yourself and family out of the house and call 911. It would be bad if the cops arriving wakes him up, then its you and him inside with the police outside. Bad bad bad.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've been drunk before, so drunk I couldn't walk straight, but I've NEVER lost my pants!

How do you lose your pants?

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    I've been drunk before, so drunk I couldn't walk straight, but I've NEVER lost my pants!

How do you lose your pants?

True, I have also been extremely drunk, I mean so drunk that I too couldnt walk let alone walk straight, and I ended up back home with my pants. Dont know how the hell I got there, but at least I was there... Oh and for the record, I dont drink like that anymore... Young dumb days....

Gunner

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I actually have woke up in an unfamiliar place, with no pants on. There was a girl with me that I vaguely knew, she was pantsless as well.

Go ahead, judge me, I don't care.

It was a long time ago.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Don't have a couch. Take that, nekkid guy.

Living in student neighborhoods in Bloomington has given me extensive experience with incoherent drunks and real property rights. Not only am I not going to attack the sleeping drunk, there's a good chance I am not going to even call the police.
    Even if the drunk tore up my door on the way in, I'm not sure I would involve the police. I would really have to play it by ear, see what kind of vibe I got off the drunk.

It really depends on how much damage was done by the drunk, if I felt threatened by him and how nice he wanted to play when I woke him up.

If I can avoid using violence I do and if I can settle things without dragging the cops into it, ditto. If I'm in Bloomington, there's a good chance the drunk on my floor is one of my neighbors or one of their friends and we can sort this all out amongst ourselves.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    My own experience with a situation like this. When I was a teenager living in WI a friend of my dad's (J) came to visit one weekend with some other friends with him. After a night out on the town they returned back to our house and left one of guys passed out in the van. Early in the morning the guy woke up and went into a house to go to the bathroom and grabbed a rootbeer out of the fridge. About this time the homeowner confronted him and asked him who he was. To which he replied that he came with J. The homeowner did not know any J. Lucky for the guy, the homeowner let him walk out. After wandering around for a little bit he finally spotted the vehicle that they had driven over in and was able to find our house. To this day we still do not know whose house he was in.

As I think back about this I realize how it could have ended in either an arrest or worse.

9x18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    Central Florida
    with out pants huh...no I wouldn't shot him I would make him "it rubs the lotion on its skin". sorry had to do it. But yes grab a gun call the police.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom