• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    There are criminals that suffer from narcolepsy as well as being a dbag. Assume nothing, kill them all and let god sort it out. J/k about killing but not about falling asleep during a crime. Must always be able and ready for the fight because your responsibility never ends. ;)
    I would have to object. In the recent discussion to which I am certain you refer, it was generally assumed that the person was actively breaking in and some seemed to think that it was a prerequisite to clairvoyantly know for certain exactly what the intruder intended to do. Finding a drunk sound asleep on the couch, clothed or otherwise, a la Goldilocks is an unusual and very different situation. Depending on all the good variables, I would either keep an eye on him after calling the police or simply tell him to get his drunk ass out of my house. After all, being asleep generally establishes that the intruder is not preparing to harm anyone (aside from his own public image after the arrest notice hits the paper).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There are criminals that suffer from narcolepsy as well as being a dbag. Assume nothing, kill them all and let god sort it out. J/k about killing but not about falling asleep during a crime. Must always be able and ready for the fight because your responsibility never ends. ;)

I had never considered it, but you are absolutely right that I may encounter a 'special needs' criminal.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I had never considered it, but you are absolutely right that I may encounter a 'special needs' criminal.

If you encounter a criminal on your couch, sleeping, without pants, it is safe to assume that to some degree, they have some 'special needs'.
    Now if they are dangerous or if they are allowed to have square pieces of paper with the sharp edges is what you need to focus on.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I had a relative that had a naked guy try to get in the front door before. He finally gave up but was found naked down the road. Cops said he was just released from the hospital after having open heart surgery. He left his house and was confused where he lived. They said he had issues with his meds. He was lucky he left bc a shotgun was waiting for him if he got through the door. The only thing that scares me is if you had an intruder who has Alzheimer's. I had an aunt that would always escape her own home with care. They would usually find her down the road in someone's yard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHI1v14T2bY

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    It is just a good idea to assume everyone is "special needs" these days at least. It is safer that way, even if it doesn't change how you deal with the situations. Just best to deal with the problem at hand without trying to figure "them" out.
    The difference between shoot - no shoot in real life could very well end in tragedy for the good guy if they misread the "motivations" of the intruder based on bad assumptions or judgement.
    Recorded cases of people being lulled in by a predator pretending to be handicapped or someone in need of a good Samaritan has taught me to never assume someone is harmless until they are well down the road from me. YMMV
    Stay vigil and safe people...

Top Bottom