Parkland Student Kyle Kashuv Subjected To Intimidation By School Admins & Police

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If the principal took it upon himself to deal personally with every instance of a student in a 3,300-student school (according to the jackwagon history teacher berating Kashuv) being "upset", the principal would never get anything done. The principal is responsible to use common sense and discretion. According to Kashuv, those questioning him had never even looked at the tweet(s) in question.

LEO were present. Why would LEO be present? What idea would be conveyed to a minor student, in the absence of his parents, by the presence of LEO?

You don't need to deal with every student, just the one's that had issue with the situation, or seemed the most upset. It happens. But once again, I'd like to stress we're getting one side of the story. You're taking everything the kid has said as fact. I think that's premature.

One thing that stands out to me, is how "aware" this kid seems about his right... and yet he willingly participated in this "interrogation?" The way he's farmed the situation, that just doesn't sit right with me. He says things like "They used very harsh intimidation tactics." By what standard is he applying? That seems like embellishment. He also says "that they tried to intimidate me to incriminate my father." What does that even mean? Incriminate for what? Did he think the they were trying build a case against his father to have him arrested? The kid is using terms he clearly doesn't fully understand. So like I said, I'd prefer to hear the other side of the story, than just Kyle's recollections.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That would possibly (though I find it hard to believe that schools have eliminated guidance counselors entirely) explain the presence of Mr. Greenleaf, assuming that he has assumed the role of SRO. However, it would not explain the presence of additional LEO.

Exactly. Though, I might add, "...what entirely lawful things other people do." After all, that is the defining distinction between Kashuv's social media presence and communication, and the social media presentation and communication of the shooter. One celebrated lawful, responsible exercise of rights, and the other one threatened people.

It went without saying.

ETA: I bolded the part to which I was referring. Of course you understand that but it seems, given recent posts, that it needs said.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You don't need to deal with every student, just the one's that had issue with the situation, or seemed the most upset. It happens. But once again, I'd like to stress we're getting one side of the story. You're taking everything the kid has said as fact. I think that's premature.

One thing that stands out to me, is how "aware" this kid seems about his right... and yet he willingly participated in this "interrogation?" The way he's farmed the situation, that just doesn't sit right with me. He says things like "They used very harsh intimidation tactics." By what standard is he applying? That seems like embellishment. He also says "that they tried to intimidate me to incriminate my father." What does that even mean? Incriminate for what? Did he think the they were trying build a case against his father to have him arrested? The kid is using terms he clearly doesn't fully understand. So like I said, I'd prefer to hear the other side of the story, than just Kyle's recollections.

I dunno. There's a lot of grey area between being caught up in the situation and farming it. But let's say he is "farming" it. Maybe there's nothing wrong with allowing ideologues in positions of power to take up as much rope as they want to hang+ themselves.

+ disclaimer: It's just a metaphor, people. Don't get triggered by it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You don't need to deal with every student, just the one's that had issue with the situation, or seemed the most upset. It happens.

The principal took it upon himself to deal with a situation in which someone said, "I was upset by a tweet."

But once again, I'd like to stress we're getting one side of the story. You're taking everything the kid has said as fact. I think that's premature.

Thus far, the only thing that I've asserted as fact is that the meeting took place, in which the participants were the SRO and LEO (and the principal? I don't remember). I have relied on only that fact alone, because that fact is enough to demonstrate the impropriety of the situation. The meeting never should have taken place, regardless of any other details.

Which brings me to:

You never answered my question, which was: "LEO were present. Why would LEO be present? What idea would be conveyed to a minor student, in the absence of his parents, by the presence of LEO?"

Until we've settled the question of context, and the tone set by the context, I'm not interested in debating Kashuv's reaction to or description of the meeting. What was the tone/context of the meeting (from the perspective of Kashuv), demonstrated by the presence of LEO?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It went without saying.

ETA: I bolded the part to which I was referring. Of course you understand that but it seems, given recent posts, that it needs said.

Unfortunately, it doesn't go without saying. Case in point: at least a blue-checkmark lawyer, and an MSD teacher, in responding to Kashuv on twitter, have asserted that the school/LEO action was fully justified merely because of the presence of guns.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I dunno. There's a lot of grey area between being caught up in the situation and farming it. But let's say he is "farming" it. Maybe there's nothing wrong with allowing ideologues in positions of power to take up as much rope as they want to hang+ themselves.

+ disclaimer: It's just a metaphor, people. Don't get triggered by it.

What color is YOUR Make America Great Again hat?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What color is YOUR Make America Great Again hat?

Well. If I were inclined to have a MAGA hat, I'd want it to include the entire spectrum of colors. If leftist freaks are willing to relinquish a color just because of some ill-conceived semantics, I want them to pay for it with all the colors. I want them all. They deserve it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well. If I were inclined to have a MAGA hat, I'd want it to include the entire spectrum of colors. If leftist freaks are willing to relinquish a color just because of some ill-conceived semantics, I want them to pay for it with all the colors. I want them all. They deserve it.

You cant have "all" the colors. You can only have the "best" ones.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    These LEOs and school administrators are in an impossible position. People who have committed mass murder, including the one at that school, often post pictures of weapons and make threats on social media. It's easy for us, on a gun owners forum 1000 miles away, to look at the kid's post and see that this is not that. But to hysterical teenagers, hysterical parents, and hysterical administrators in THAT school, all they see is another kid holding the weapon that just murdered 17 kids in their school.

Sure, they should know better. Sure, us pro-gun types should try to educate them. Sure, they're triggered snowflakes. But I'm inclined to cut them little slack. They did just bury 17 children.

This school and the local PD know they screwed the pooch. 17 kids are dead because of that. You can bet your last dollar that ANY threat, real, perceived, or imagined will be thoroughly investigated.

And one last thing; IMHO this kid is out to draw attention to himself. There is no way in hell he didn't KNOW that his tweet would draw this kind of attention. He is not serving to advance the cause of fellow gun owners and 2A supporters. He's helping about as much as the people who OCed rifles to Starbucks.:rolleyes:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Nah, stick with the power colors: Red, Blue or... White

Anybody else hear that?

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    These LEOs and school administrators are in an impossible position. People who have committed mass murder, including the one at that school, often post pictures of weapons and make threats on social media. It's easy for us, on a gun owners forum 1000 miles away, to look at the kid's post and see that this is not that. But to hysterical teenagers, hysterical parents, and hysterical administrators in THAT school, all they see is another kid holding the weapon that just murdered 17 kids in their school.

Sure, they should know better. Sure, us pro-gun types should try to educate them. Sure, they're triggered snowflakes. But I'm inclined to cut them little slack. They did just bury 17 children.

This school and the local PD know they screwed the pooch. 17 kids are dead because of that. You can bet your last dollar that ANY threat, real, perceived, or imagined will be thoroughly investigated.

And one last thing; IMHO this kid is out to draw attention to himself. There is no way in hell he didn't KNOW that his tweet would draw this kind of attention. He is not serving to advance the cause of fellow gun owners and 2A supporters. He's helping about as much as the people who OCed rifles to Starbucks.:rolleyes:

I'd argue that there's a serious difference between a kid posting pictures of his arsenal laid out on his bed as opposed to someone posting pictures at the range with their parent.

Not being able to differentiate is the problem.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

So it's okay to call the police on a kid getting into a van. Because one drove into a crowd.

A girlfriend's son was killed when he was in a car that went through a red light and was T boned by a semi.
    Does she then call the police about seeing cars and semi's?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Not being able to differentiate is the problem.

It absolutely is the problem. And if this happened in any other school, in any other community, I wouldn't be inclined to cut them any slack.

But in THAT school. In THAT community. The kid had to know he was gonna get a talkin to.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It absolutely is the problem. And if this happened in any other school, in any other community, I wouldn't be inclined to cut them any slack.

But in THAT school. In THAT community. The kid had to know he was gonna get a talkin to.

I would agree.... if he had done it in some threatening way.

When I was in high school, we had a student killed in a car accident.
    Do we then pull in all students posting pictures of their car?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Add ghuns to the esteemed group of the blue-checkmarked lawyer and MSD teacher who claim ignorance of any difference between Kyle Kashuv posting pictures of learning firearm handling and safety at a gun range, under the supervision of his father, and the MSD murderer who posted pictures of his guns while making explicit and implied threats to others.

I'll let the filter do its job: bull****.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Add ghuns to the esteemed group of the blue-checkmarked lawyer and MSD teacher who claim ignorance of any difference between Kyle Kashuv posting pictures of learning firearm handling and safety at a gun range, under the supervision of his father, and the MSD murderer who posted pictures of his guns while making explicit and implied threats to others.

I'll let the filter do its job: bull****.

+1 here. This is pure intimidation and nothing else. The school and LE are covering their asses and making a point to not speak out against the man. They were trying to "retrain" this young brain at the ministry of truth.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That seems reasonable. I can see the [STRIKE]principle[/STRIKE] principal sitting him down and saying, "Look. Students have been through a lot here. And though it's your right to post things on Twitter, it may not be wise to post things you know will upset people, especially if you're looking for a political response."

That would be fair for the [STRIKE]principle[/STRIKE] principal to have told him. And if that's all that had happened, I doubt this thread would exist. But what happened, he was talked to by the [STRIKE]principle[/STRIKE] principal, who told him he did nothing wrong. AND he was later sent to the recourse officer's office, presumably to get brow-beaten by the officers there. Now maybe that happened every bit to the detail that Kashuv said. And maybe he embellished a little.

Going to the range with his dad is not a crime, and it's not an indicator of a crime. At most it's an indicator of some political orchestrating on the part of the Kashuv's, which is not at all a certainty that it's even that. It's probably much less than that. But either way it's not a crime, and there's no reason that cops should have gotten involved, other than the likely political motivations.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom