Pass It On-Outdoor Mentors Camp Atterbury Pistol Event (Sept. 30, 2017)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

308jake

Master
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The afternoon slot is showing available, but the afternoon youth slots are sold out. The adult afternoon tickets are right below the youth ones.

What browser and operating system are you using?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just snagged the next to the last spot! Thanks all! Looking forward to this.

I'll probably work from low ready. 31 meters is a long way for me to shoot.

I do have a question on rounds per "stage". I have a single stack 9mm(SA RO). Will I be changing mags during a string? I assume it's fast enough that I wouldn't have time.

Do I need to come up with something different to shoot? If I do, I won't have many rounds by the time the event comes.

Last edited:

308jake

Master
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

I do have a question on rounds per "stage". I have a single stack 9mm(SA RO). Will I be changing mags during a string? I assume it's fast enough that I wouldn't have time.

Do I need to come up with something different to shoot? If I do, I won't have many rounds by the time the event comes.

Greg

On most stages, a mag change will be required even if using high capacity mags. If I were you, I'd just stock up on some more mags and a mag loading tool. It would be wise to have at least 5-6, but more is always better. We are Americans after all.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Greg

On most stages, a mag change will be required even if using high capacity mags. If I were you, I'd just stock up on some more mags and a mag loading tool. It would be wise to have at least 5-6, but more is always better. We are Americans after all.

Thanks. I have (5) 10-rounders and (2) 9-rounders. I have a loading tool, though the single stacks aren't as hard on my digits as the double stack mags are.:)

I will start practicing mag changes! lol.

308jake

Master
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Thanks. I have (5) 10-rounders and (2) 9-rounders. I have a loading tool, though the single stacks aren't as hard on my digits as the double stack mags are.:)

I will start practicing mag changes! lol.

Theres a small table next to each lane that you can lay mags on if you don't want to buy a mag carrier. I used my pockets last time so that I could practice how I normally carry.

There are 8 slots left and the deadline to register is 9/22.

Last edited:

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Theres a small table next to each lane that you can lay mags on if you don't want to buy a mag carrier. I used my pockets last time so that I could practice how I normally carry.

There are 8 slots left and the deadline to register is 9/22.

6 spots remaining with just over a week left to get registered.

You guys know you want to go to this event! Let's sell it out!

TheJoker

Expert
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County

Piece of cake!

I used my single stack Model 39-2 at the last event. Once I slowed down and made my "hits count", I could get through a stage with only a couple mag changes. On the 30th, Kathy will be shooting her 3913 Lady Smith and I will again be shooting my 39-2. We both have 5 magazines.

Remember what Jeff Cooper said: "...high capacity magazines are only an advantage if you plan to miss a lot". :bowdown:

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Asking because Atterbury has always required advance notification + weapon info (make, model, s/n)... am I right in saying new base command does not require this info anymore?

308jake

Master
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Asking because Atterbury has always required advance notification + weapon info (make, model, s/n)... am I right in saying new base command does not require this info anymore?

Correct. They do not require that info, but they want to know who is going to be there. That's why the cutoff is 9/22.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom