• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So, Wednesday was the most recent up dose. 1/32 teaspoon of powder and he did great. We’ve done that dose last night and tonight also without issue. 1/32 of a teaspoon doesn’t seem like much until you consider what it contains. It’s 26mg of peanut, basically 1/10th of a peanut :rockwoot:

we brought a gift set for the allergist that he liked a lot. My son helped get it together and he enjoyed seeing the appreciation for what he did.

The journey continues!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I forgot to post on the last updose and we had another today. He had been doing 1/16th of a tsp in applesauce and doing great. Today they did 1/16th plus 1/32 and he took the dose in about two minutes :rockwoot: had some minor throat discomfort but it went away in five mins with ice water.

He is currently at 78mg per dose. Our initial starting dose was 0.8mg. He vomited daily x 3 at 3mg when were first starting. It’s amazing watching this happen. He’s eating a quarter of a peanut equivalent per dose now. Rock on!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Today’s dose is 1/4tsp plus 1/8th. That’s 312mg of peanut for those of you playing at home. One peanut is 250-300mg, so he successfully just ate a peanut! :rockwoot:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Today’s dose is 1/4tsp plus 1/8th. That’s 312mg of peanut for those of you playing at home. One peanut is 250-300mg, so he successfully just ate a peanut! :rockwoot:

That is GREAT news! Congratulations!!!

At what point do you expect his body to reach a tipping point? In other words, when will it basically become "safe" for him to eat a handful, two (2) handfuls, or an entire jar of peanuts? I hope he doesn't have to keep "upping the dose" to become immune. I am thinking there must be a point where the body does not react at all.

Regards,

Doug

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Today was another appointment and updose. It was 1/2 tsp and 1/4tsp. That is 750mg protein or 2.6 peanuts :rockwoot:

three more updose appointments and he’ll be at maintenance dosing for long term

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Just read thru this to see how things were going, I guess I can't complain too much when my only allergic reaction to food is that it makes my butt and belly get bigger! Glad to hear he's progressing so well, he's tougher than I am!:rockwoot:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    A peanut allergy is not a choice or a "lifestyle"! You can't use conversion therapy on him to turn him into a peanut eater!

No, really it's awesome to see you can do that. I wish my ex could have some of that. She has nut and soy allergies and any little bit of egg will just outright kill her on the spot. She can't even get a flu shot because there's some egg based lecithin in it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    how's the kid?

Thanks for checking in! He’s now on maintenance dosing of six peanut M&Ms daily. Simply incredible. He is more relaxed about eating food outside our home and more relaxed at parties and such. So glad we took the time to do it, and proud of him for gutting it out despite the anxiety

Top Bottom