• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Is not due process going to a location with an issued warrant in hand? Rather than any officer at a scene making a judgement call that an actual judge should be making?

I'm not a lawyer or a doctor, but I don't think that any officer that might be sent to a red flag call is either?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have been involved in Laird Law confiscation a couple times.

Once was on a guy who had an AK pistol and would walk out of his front door and crank off a handful of rounds into the air a few times a day for no reason. We responded to a call about this and he came outside and pushed an officer who was photographing shell casings as evidence on the sidewalk. Then he said he was going to kill us all. You bet your sweet ass we took his guns. That was a few months ago and he hasn’t convinced a judge to release them yet.

Another time a woman called because her adult son was supposedly suicidal. The son was depressed over being fired and said he thought about killing his old boss and then himself. We took his guns. This was maybe 5 years ago and I believe he had several hearings trying to get his guns back. He finally got them back at some point but I do not know the details of how or when, though I know it took several years along with mental health treatment.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    At this point are there ANY Republicans actually speaking opposition to red flag laws? Or is this going to be signed by Trump by the end of the month?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You mean like bump stocks???

Don’t bet on it.

Well I do know Red Flag Laws violate the 4th amendment. They are warrantless seizures. They would also need to specify where and exactly what is to be seized. Warrants are signed by a judge. In the case of Red Flag the judge doesn't know about it until upto 48 hours after the fact. IMO this is totalitarianism.

Red flag laws can easily be used to disarm us all. The government won't stop once you give them an inch they will take it all. Look at the NFA and look how much more they have taken since then. Don't let them get away with these infringements.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It will get taken to the SCOTUS some day where it will be shot down as unconstitutional.

This administration stole bump stocks without compensation or democratic process whatsoever, and SCOTUS said it was a-okay.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As I understand it, the federal law would provide grant incentive for individual states to create their own red flag laws.

Although I think it's unnecessary, other than political optics, I don't object to this as long as there are specifications in the fed law that require the states to have due process in their red flad law.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The cogs will get you. Pre-crime units reporting for duty. Thought police on patrol.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/reuven...LHem0lgevIAbGHg5S8cppOy79A137kYt-vgpcqo3atgLQ

The ones VUPDblue desribes above needed arrested. Prosecute them and convict them. If not they get their guns back.

But there are so many cases of red flag being abused. I didn't say laird's law, because I'm not knowledgeable of any abuses in indy. Doesn't mean there hasn't been, I just havent heard of any.
    Shouldn't need a red flag type law to arrest and prosecute a person for making actual threats or shooting guns up in the air. I still do not support red flag laws period.
    Bad stuff happens. You cannot prevent murders and bad stuff.
    Especialy if you violate peoples rights to do it.

The fact of the matter is the government has the power to do anything they want because the people allow it. If even a small percentage of the people started to rise up against any unjust law or wanted to shut down a city there is NOTHING the police or even national guard could do except watch and try to contain it.
    People have no idea how much power they actually have. And I'm not talking about thugs who burn cities down so they can act like the animals they are and have an excuse to loot.
    Im talking about the good tax paying, voting, go to work, mow their yard, support the police and rule of law type citizen.
    We have the power to stand up to these unjust laws and bills. We MUST use our peaceful voices in unity. If even half of gun owners wrote into congress then this crap would be shut down.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We have inverted the idea that 100 guilty men should go free rather than one innocent person should suffer...but in the vain search for safety, this isn't really a surprise.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/pa...-nbc-call-it-a-massive-arsenal/#ixzz5yJ4B2wuY

To the actual cases presented above, reasonable people would probably come to some agreement that those in the act of committing a crime should be acted upon. But the laws in many states only requires (what appears to me) little more than hear say.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We have inverted the idea that 100 guilty men should go free rather than one innocent person should suffer...but in the vain search for safety, this isn't really a surprise.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/pa...-nbc-call-it-a-massive-arsenal/#ixzz5yJ4B2wuY

To the actual cases presented above, reasonable people would probably come to some agreement that those in the act of committing a crime should be acted upon. But the laws in many states only requires (what appears to me) little more than hear say.

I think a majority of police departments have policies that require officers accused of domestic violence to be temporarily stripped of gun and shield and placed on desk duty. We have only to see how often a false report of DV is used as a way to get back at a former spouse during a less than amicable divorce to see where this is going

In the absence of serious penalties for making false accusations, the first rule of gun owners club should likely be you don't talk about gun owners club. If people are willing to SWAT people who p*** them off, you can bet they'll red flag them just as readily

Top Bottom