Valparaiso
    Last edited:

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I stopped voting Democrats after NAFTA and China favored trade status. Never considered them again after “vote for to see what is in it.” Never will again. I only voted republican in senate and president last election. Other than that I pulled all libertarian ticket. If more punitive legislation is brought against gun owners I’ll never vote republican again. I’m tired of being lied to. Straight up libertarian ticket next time. Under Trump we lost a lot of ground. (So much more than with Obama!) Lost bump stocks. Lost pistol grips. Prolly lose braces next. Prolly lose the right to sell my own property without paying the king. Then who knows?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I stopped voting Democrats after NAFTA and China favored trade status. Never considered them again after “vote for to see what is in it.” Never will again. I only voted republican in senate and president last election. Other than that I pulled all libertarian ticket. If more punitive legislation is brought against gun owners I’ll never vote republican again. I’m tired of being lied to. Straight up libertarian ticket next time. Under Trump we lost a lot of ground. (So much more than with Obama!) Lost bump stocks. Lost pistol grips. Prolly lose braces next. Prolly lose the right to sell my own property without paying the king. Then who knows?

So I have a serious question for you.
    What will a straight libertarian lever pull do to fix any of this.
    Not being a butt head as I do understand.
    A friend did this before and when asked this question he said it was a protest vote. And I asked who saw it. Who was effected. Who on the hill gave a crap.

Seriously, your vote. Use as you will but please explain what will be accomplished. I am curious.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    A friend did this before and when asked this question he said it was a protest vote. And I asked who saw it. Who was effected. Who on the hill gave a crap.

Seriously, your vote. Use as you will but please explain what will be accomplished. I am curious.
    Doing the same thing expecting a different result won't help either, why would it? A new blue print to how future Republican candidates think is being drawn right now. The shift is real and the only way it seems to correct this is to break up the Party. I loathed Hillary AND Trump. I truly liked Rand Paul. But he's not a Party Line supporter and the Republican Party won't support him. In the end, I have to live with my vote and I couldn't vote for either one of those POS. 3rd party it was for me. Far from perfect but at some point this madness needs to stop.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland

Seriously, has voting republican help me? No. Has it stemmed the anti gun tide any? No. (See above) Have my liberties been expanded under Republicans? No. Have they done one thing to strengthen my second right in the constitution? No. Have they bypassed Congress by reinterpreting passed laws undermining my right? Yes. Did they lie when they said your guns are safe? Yes. I should not have to worry this much to keep a right I have. This is my line. If more legislation is passed against law abiding gun owners, I will no longer, and will never vote republican again. It hasnt help me so why would keep doing the same thing? If you have the destination (no rights), baby steps will get you just as far running, it just takes a little longer.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I get both sides. But look at it this way: If you boycott Walmart or NASCAR or Levis (voting with your dollars), who will see it? Will anyone give a crap? Isn't that roughly equivalent?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Throwing away your vote never helped anyone. It sure seems to make folks that do it feel that they can ***** about everything, yet have to answer for nothing? For that matter have any answer on how to fix anything.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Throwing away your vote never helped anyone. It sure seems to make folks that do it feel that they can ***** about everything, yet have to answer for nothing? For that matter have any answer on how to fix anything.

Yes, change your vote. Make them earn it at the very least. Throwing away your vote is keeping the people in office who do not represent me or you and our ideas.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seriously, has voting republican help me? No. Has it stemmed the anti gun tide any? No. (See above) Have my liberties been expanded under Republicans? No. Have they done one thing to strengthen my second right in the constitution? No. Have they bypassed Congress by reinterpreting passed laws undermining my right? Yes. Did they lie when they said your guns are safe? Yes. I should not have to worry this much to keep a right I have. This is my line. If more legislation is passed against law abiding gun owners, I will no longer, and will never vote republican again. It hasnt help me so why would keep doing the same thing? If you have the destination (no rights), baby steps will get you just as far running, it just takes a little longer.

I see you missed my point entirely.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Bingo. The libertarians are a useless bunch. They will never field anything worth my vote.

On this I truly hate the current state of politics. But voting libertarian is in no way an answer. If it makes you feel good you need to reassess this.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    Marion
    I heard on Facebook in "Real 3 Percenters Indiana" that one of their group admins was "swatted" with Indiana's Red Flag by his ex-wife, and the justification was a meme posted on Fb. So his home was raided, he was hauled off for involuntary detention in a mental hospital, and his guns seized. All because of a vindictive ex-wife. Sheriff is taking the "we're just doing our jobs" Nuremberg defense.

We need to repeal this BS. It is pure tyranny and will only get worse.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I heard on Facebook in "Real 3 Percenters Indiana" that one of their group admins was "swatted" with Indiana's Red Flag by his ex-wife, and the justification was a meme posted on Fb. So his home was raided, he was hauled off for involuntary detention in a mental hospital, and his guns seized. All because of a vindictive ex-wife. Sheriff is taking the "we're just doing our jobs" Nuremberg defense.

Should we also repeal our protective order statute because people misuse it, too?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Bingo. The libertarians are a useless bunch. They will never field anything worth my vote.

On this I truly hate the current state of politics. But voting libertarian is in no way an answer. If it makes you feel good you need to reassess this.

I hope you are wrong on this. Maybe they'll actually find someone to bring some sanity to their platform?

I used to think that I leaned the direction of the libertarians, until the last few elections. No way I can side with those narrow minded folks that think we have to lose to "win."

The all or nothing mentality has always lost and always will.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Here is a decent, generally neutral article about red flag laws:

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/resear...04/red-flag-laws-spur-debate-over-due-process

Indiana's law, especially with the recent amendments, strikes a balance between the rights of individuals and the need for some kind of legally approved and judicially supervised method of taking firearms away from those who have real, demonstrable evidence that they are dangerous.

We, as gun rights advocates, lose credibility when we argue for unfettered, unrestricted access for all firearms for everyone. When I was in law enforcement and in my current work I run into a handful of individuals who should not have access to anything as dangerous as a ball point pen with a pointy end.

montanamag

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    NWI
    This law scares me. To me it means if I get an argument with my husband he could be a dick and call the police and say I threatened to shoot him and they can take MY firearms away?! All this **** scares me. I’m afraid to go to doctor and say I’m feeling depressed because then I could be deemed “suicidal and threat to myself”. It’s sad that a person can’t even be honest with a doctor or seek counseling because somehow any sign of emotional distress is reportable. I wonder if all the veterans who seek help for depression or the cops or others in that sort of profession feel the same way. Not everyone who gets depressed is suicidal and not everyone who gets angry is homicidal.

I agree with what someone else said that if someone falsely reports something they should charged with obstructing justice or something similar.

Guess I’m preaching to the choir on this site though. . Rant over. Bottom line: this law is bull****. Although the example of the idiot with kids and firearms unsecured around his house leaves room for debate....it’s morons like this that make it difficult for responsible gun owners. Idk what the answer is..... there needs to be safeguards in place but nothing should be done without solid evidence.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon

Might be just that easy, it could happen to any one of us.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What would the founders of our Constitution think about Red Flag Laws?

That's the question to be asked. The answer is they would be against such a law.

Top Bottom