• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cbrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    brownsburg
    You missed that it comes with a 22 round mag.... That adds at least couple hundred to the value.

In all seriousness, hopefully he just fat-fingered in the price and hit 7 instead of 4 on the keyboard.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I think used weapons in general are very high priced. I often use my shockface at used prices $50 less than new is not a used price.
    idon’t even go to gun shows anymore I haven’t found a good deal at one since I bought a Mosin for $49.00 years ago.
    Now I ask friends and INGO then search you tube find what I want then search for the best deal.

Too bad I am not a Glock fan the Blue label prices are nice.

$50 off new is, indeed a used price. Possibly a fair one, depending on the amount of use. I have a few used guns that you couldn't touch for well over the new price. I believe your statement is over-broad and under- descriptive.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Rock Island 1911 .45 standard model for $400.00 with some wear definitely had been shot a few times.
    I am not talking about limited production or weapons no longer in production.
    Just run of the mill firearms you can still buy new.
    Not a Diamond back in like new condition I understand a valuable gun vs a common one I could have you order me for about the same price.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There is no reason to pay $725 for a G22 you can pick up NEW (Gen 3) for $489, the 22 round mag is $39 and the Uncle Mike's holster is $10. UNLESS, you can't pass a background check. But then wouldn't you just pick up three Hi-Points for that money? Just sayin...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The thing I don't understand is how people seem to think that they are entitled to something a seller wants to sell and get mad because they are asking more than they think it's worth. Guess what, people are going to ask stupid sums of money sometimes and once in a while, they'll get it. There were the CZ SP01 Compacts that went for something like $1700 on GB. It's a great gun, but not a $1700 gun. If you were wanting one and had deep pockets and no sense of valuation, you might spend the money.

When someone asks a ridiculous amount of money for something, just ignore it. There's nothing saying that they have to offer it to you for what it's worth.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    What I don’t like is a used gun or car or anything used dealer attempting to sell something for way more than it’s worth.
    I guess taking advantage of people is just something I just don’t care for.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Firearms don't lose value. They only rise. Never lost a dime on a gun. At the very least got what I paid after shooting a bunch. Great investments. You don't like the price keep going down the road.

I hate how people are always trying to get something for nothing. They shop with no money too and burglarize my time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Firearms don't lose value. They only rise. Never lost a dime on a gun. At the very least got what I paid after shooting a bunch. Great investments. You don't like the price keep going down the road.

I hate how people are always trying to get something for nothing. They shop with no money too and burglarize my time.

A standard production gun does not rise in value. Once you use it it is.....a used gun. Period.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012

Also some just don't have a clue. Don't be afraid to make an offer if it's something you want. I just picked up a used quad. Asking price was a grand. I put it on the trailer for half that and brought it home.

Cbrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    brownsburg
    Could you provide some examples? I can think of only 1 firearm I have in my possession that is worth more than I paid for it, and only because its over 100 years old.

Not trying to call you out on anything, but interested to hear what you purchased and have recouped your money on.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Ive been seeing this trend mostly in AR market. A lot of people shocked their rifle they paid 700 for 2 years ago is worth 450 now.
    rural king has about any entry level rifle you want NEW for 500 bucks.. give it 6 months. Things will even out again. And the ones that dont even out can keep their guns. Who cares.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The firearms market has a huge glut of firearms right now. When you can buy a Remington 9mm for $279.00 or a decent AR15 for $450.00. Used prices are not following the new prices $20 off a used weapon doesn’t make sense wait a few weeks and a new one will fall $50 in price.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There are some seriously ridiculous prices in the classifieds right now.....but I do not have to consider them.

Folks fool around and get locked into narrow thinking. Sometimes you gotta be fast and first. Sometimes you gotta wait for the seller to realize their pricing is too high. Sometimes you have to make an offer to see what will become of it.

Some sellers are offended when you make an offer. Some will "put it back in the safe" just so they can "win."
    Had a gent tell me "I won't take..." over a $10 difference on a $200ish item that has been listed for months and months in two separate adds. :dunno:

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    The thing I don't understand is how people seem to think that they are entitled to something a seller wants to sell and get mad because they are asking more than they think it's worth. Guess what, people are going to ask stupid sums of money sometimes and once in a while, they'll get it. There were the CZ SP01 Compacts that went for something like $1700 on GB. It's a great gun, but not a $1700 gun. If you were wanting one and had deep pockets and no sense of valuation, you might spend the money.

When someone asks a ridiculous amount of money for something, just ignore it. There's nothing saying that they have to offer it to you for what it's worth.

Damn is it your listing lol. I mean come on. A) if i wanted pretty much any firearm out there i could buy it. B) not calling out people on this level of insanity just leads to more insanity. The pricing in the classifieds here is a joke at times some are fair. But i still say the best is the guy i offered full asking price to said ill be up to get it and he decided not to sale it after it had been listed for two weeks. Though looking at his history he does it all the time. That sorta stuff just wastes everyones time. if they want to go after people on this board for crap they should start there. If someones a little high on something fine. When your over double what the firearms worth well.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County

Another truly stupid idea here. So your saying if you bought a daniel defense rifle right before the election its worth today what you paid for it? if so your nuts, or youll never sale it.

busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville
    Could you provide some examples? I can think of only 1 firearm I have in my possession that is worth more than I paid for it, and only because its over 100 years old.

Not trying to call you out on anything, but interested to hear what you purchased and have recouped your money on.

Well I bought a Phillips & Rodgers Medusa revolver in the mid 90's for around 650 and sold it a couple years ago on GunBroker for 3,200. I'd say that was a pretty good investment. Also the Smith and Wesson 76 I bought for 2,200 are now going for 7,000. There's several examples out there, but your not going to find it with the run of the mill Glocks, Springfields XD's, Sig's etc. You got to look for the unusual, plus condition, condition, condition. Boxes and manuals always add value. I don't understand why people throw that stuff away.

Top Bottom