• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    That was a very good article. It gives you a look into how are industry works. But it explains nicely why the shelves are bare for 3 or 4 days .

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I low carb, similar to keto, and have lost 5 pounds since we had to do our own cooking, eating better in quarantine than normal...

Just had Easter breakfast...

20200412-161816.jpg

Five over easy eggs, smothered in cheddar. Surrounded by hot dogs, spinach, garlic and chives.

One skillet Easter dinner. No special trips to the grocery.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just had Easter breakfast...

20200412-161816.jpg

Five over easy eggs, smothered in cheddar. Surrounded by hot dogs, spinach, garlic and chives.

One skillet Easter dinner. No special trips to the grocery.

I had a ham 'n cheddar omelet for breakfast and hot wings for lunch. I don't know if that counts as keto or not. :): Got a batch of ham 'n beans in the crockpot to cook overnight. I'll be eating on that for most of the week. It should help with social distancing if I go out.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 15, 2019
    Union
    I use to think my coworker was crazy prepper woman.She cans food.vaccum wraps everything has a whole house generator.Extra fuel for it.Now I am going to do the same.
    I saw those shows some go to the extreme.now we live in the extreme.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I use to think my coworker was crazy prepper woman.She cans food.vaccum wraps everything has a whole house generator.Extra fuel for it.Now I am going to do the same.
    I saw those shows some go to the extreme.now we live in the extreme.

Those shows are designed to make people look ridiculous and hold them up for ridicule. If you are serious about improving your preps, there are far better sources for serious information (including INGO) that don't sensationalize it, but offer real insight.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I often chuckle, that what we call "prepping" my grandparents called "life". Gardening, hunting, canning, preserving, keeping a pantry, living simply, and being self-reliant.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    When the subject of prepping comes up, I think of Grandpa's old box of potatoes. Every spring the first thing he would plant would be a 50 or 75 foot row of potatoes. Come early fall, my dad and one of the uncles would spend a Saturday morning helping him dig potatoes, and store them in straw in the big old wooden box in the basement. Pop and the uncle would take some of the overflow home, and Grandma and Grandpa never went hungry. They had a dozen kids who survived infancy. They didn't have lots of things, but food wasn't something anyone who was willing to do a little work should ever run out of.
    We call it prepping. They, indeed, just called it life. They had a nice pantry just off the kitchen, canners, pressure cookers, food grinders,. all the basics. They had two cook stoves for when we all got together. Heck, Grandpa still had some of his stuff for slaughtering cows and hogs out in the garage when I was little. As they got older, most of those things fell into disuse and lots was given away to this one or that of the Aunts and uncles. They taught us all to think ahead and be prepared to feed, clothe, shelter, and depend on ourselves.

Top Bottom