• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    HoughMade prognosticates that "Father" Pfleger will eventually extract some sort of tribute from the city and then choose to "relocate" his protest.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So much for his vow of poverty.:rolleyes:

Not for him personally, but for the people he claims to speak for. More programs, more ways to spend taxpayer money, he may be a person instrumental at organizations getting funds...

I just want to make sure I'm on record accurately so that I can claim victory when this inevitably happens.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So the cops are calling him out Second City Cop: What Shortage? Oh, That One So the 7th is on the weekend so it won't hit the every day commuters, only those venturing to and from the city from the burbs or out of state. Most of the vehicles on the Ryan are not people that live in the city. and a good percentage are from Indiana

The Chicago Police Department on Thursday pleaded with Rev. Michael Pfleger to abandon plans to shut down the Dan Ryan on July 7 to avoid pulling 200 officers out of violence-plagued neighborhoods, but the activist priest said the expressway march will go on.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The Chicago Police Department on Thursday pleaded with Rev. Michael Pfleger to abandon plans to shut down the Dan Ryan on July 7 to avoid pulling 200 officers out of violence-plagued neighborhoods, but the activist priest said the expressway march will go on.
    I imagine they could stop it if they really wanted to.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The Constitution?

The notice from the Police asking him not to do it

In a show of defiance Tuesday, activist and South Side Catholic priest the Rev. Michael Pfleger, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and others ripped up a statement from Illinois State Police warning of arrests if they moved forward with an anti-violence march that will shut down a portion of the Dan Ryan Expressway this weekend

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    The notice from the Police asking him not to do it

In a show of defiance Tuesday, activist and South Side Catholic priest the Rev. Michael Pfleger, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and others ripped up a statement from Illinois State Police warning of arrests if they moved forward with an anti-violence march that will shut down a portion of the Dan Ryan Expressway this weekend

Yep. These peeps are that stupid. I can see people getting hurt, maybe killed. I grew up in the SW suburbs, and you don't screw with the drivers on the Dan Ryan or the Stevenson Expressways. If you get stupid, as another driver -or- as a pedestrian..... some won't stop, even if they hit something. Even on the weekend. Any hour of the day.

Also, that Dan Ryan Expressway is 'controlled' police-wise, by Illinois State Troopers. Those protesters will have to deal with them + Cook County Sheriff's crew + Chicago P.D.

After it's all done, if it turns out bad..... I can see an immediate clash between the LEO community and Mayor R. Emmanuel (sp?).....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This posted article is just now out/updated from "Chicago's Own WGN9" on their website.....

Believe it or not Emanuel is in support of this protest (even tho it's against State law to be a pedestrian on the interstate), and so is one Chicago 'TopCop'.

https://wgntv.com/2018/07/06/mayor-...-behind-pflegers-planned-protest-on-dan-ryan/

I'll bet this doesn't end well, at all.

This attitude by those in charge is so wrong on so many levels. We are screwed people. Screwed.

We as citizens are expected to follow the letter of the law....period. Why are they not held to the same standards.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    This attitude by those in charge is so wrong on so many levels. We are screwed people. Screwed.

We as citizens are expected to follow the letter of the law....period. Why are they not held to the same standards.

Really. Really. Really! Wrong and STUPID!

Chi-town was completely controlled by Mayor Richard Daly, when I lived there. Total chaos and corruption (maybe where Mexico learned it). Been a very left-leaning, liberal city and county, for a long time. One of their most prized 'products' was Barack Obama....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sounds like a well staged machine event, doesn't devalue property like an angry march downtown and might bring in some more federal dollars. Allows the ambitious political class to polish their left credentials and provides something else for big media to eventually say is President Trump's fault.

Top Bottom