Philosophical question: Should women have the right to vote?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Anyone who is capable of childbearing should not be allowed to vote; however if they are allowed - all voting privileges are revoked during menopause.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Personally, I believe all citizens, 24 y/o and older, who have passed a basic constitution test should be able to vote. In addition, all ballots must be in American English only as well as all forms of communication must be American English. Federal Photo ID's must be shown before anyone is allowed to vote. Any immigrants who become citizens must have a 10 year waiting period before being allowed to vote. If you cannot write, sign your name of provide additional info upon request - you cannot vote. Absentee ballots must be turned in 30 days prior to any election. NO EARLY voting is allowed anywhere....it's on the same day for everyone.

We need to make existing laws stricter and more enforceable.....and actually enforce them.

I will add this. All local and state voting MUST follow the federal voting laws.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay. So recap. We’re down to making people take a test as long as you can’t bear children, or you don’t have menopause, or you’re not a me snoflake, and you must be a citizen, and be embarrassed. Am I leaving something out? Seems like I’m leaving something out.

ETA: yep. Forgot property ownership. You have to own at least a 1x1” square of land sold by BBIs. Although I’m pretty sure that getting the last part passed into law will be a hard sell to people. The rest is totally doable.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Okay. So recap. We’re down to making people take a test as long as you can’t bear children, or you don’t have menopause, or you’re not a me snoflake, and you must be a citizen, and be embarrassed. Am I leaving something out? Seems like I’m leaving something out.

You must like beer and cannot drive a ford.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Personally, I believe all citizens, 24 y/o and older, who have passed a basic constitution test should be able to vote. In addition, all ballots must be in American English only as well as all forms of communication must be American English. Federal Photo ID's must be shown before anyone is allowed to vote. Any immigrants who become citizens must have a 10 year waiting period before being allowed to vote. If you cannot write, sign your name of provide additional info upon request - you cannot vote. Absentee ballots must be turned in 30 days prior to any election. NO EARLY voting is allowed anywhere....it's on the same day for everyone.

We need to make existing laws stricter and more enforceable.....and actually enforce them.

I will add this. All local and state voting MUST follow the federal voting laws.

So surely you would raise the military enlistment/draft age to 24 as well. Sending people to fight and die doesn't sit well with me, if they have no voice,

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    So surely you would raise the military enlistment/draft age to 24 as well. Sending people to fight and die doesn't sit well with me, if they have no voice,

I will agree to allow any military personnel will be allowed to vote. Others may also be added after discussion and debates.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What if the military person can’t pass the voting test? Do they get to vote anyway? I mean. This would likely not affect Air Force people. They’ll pass. It’s those Army guys I’d worry about.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I’m totally down with the Ford part. But, alas Indo mot drink beer.

I was thinking we can show support foe the KavMan.........

Don't drink beer and drive a ford? Or Don't drive a ford while drinking beer? Personally I would not stand in line for either......

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I like beer.
    I don't drive a Ford.
    I research the candidates and observe as many locally that I can to determine who I will vote for.
    I research the state/national candidates as much as possible before deciding who to vote for.
    I don't vote straight ticket, and don't vote for anyone I am unable to find info that would cause me to support them.

I want to know who will be evaluating female voters for their child bearing/menopause status and how you would go about verifying this status?

What about income tax? If a woman doesn't own property and can't afford BBI's price for his parcels, but she pays income tax, does that count?

What about men who live as women? Do they get to vote? What about women who live as men? Do they get to vote? Who is going to verify gender?

What about liberal snowflakes that seem to be more emotional than Republican women? Do we ban all of them from voting simply because they are emotional?

Are we really even having this discussion???

:popcorn:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I like beer.
    I don't drive a Ford.
    I research the candidates and observe as many locally that I can to determine who I will vote for.
    I research the state/national candidates as much as possible before deciding who to vote for.
    I don't vote straight ticket, and don't vote for anyone I am unable to find info that would cause me to support them.

I want to know who will be evaluating female voters for their child bearing/menopause status and how you would go about verifying this status?

What about income tax? If a woman doesn't own property and can't afford BBI's price for his parcels, but she pays income tax, does that count?

What about men who live as women? Do they get to vote? What about women who live as men? Do they get to vote? Who is going to verify gender?

What about liberal snowflakes that seem to be more emotional than Republican women? Do we ban all of them from voting simply because they are emotional?

We could always use a "3/5ths" compromise, or something like that./s

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I like beer.
    I don't drive a Ford.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about. I mean, the Ford thing should be allotted the same merit points as being a man. The rest is gravy. Gravy with bacon.

But. About the question. Don’t take it too seriously.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don’t think you have anything to worry about. I mean, the Ford thing should be allotted the same merit points as being a man. The rest is gravy. Gravy with bacon.

But. About the question. Don’t take it too seriously.

Do I get extra points for having three Chevy trucks? Seems like I should have extra points for no wimpy cars.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Why? Do you have the first idea how utterly moronic the average modern voter is now? The term 'low information' as applied to the electorate is a real thing. Voters should be 'certified'...literally there should be a test requiring a person to prove they have at least a clue about the current issues. At any given time most people couldn't tell you who the VP is or even their state governor. Why the hell should such people be allowed to wield political FORCE?
    That is a very low bar you are setting. What threshold are you willing to apply to;
    - free speech
    - the right to bear arms
    - right to due process
    - right to be free from cruel and unusual punishment

Who do you think should apply these certification tests to the population, and what safeguards do you propose to prevent them becoming politicized and disenfranchising citizens of their rights?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Voting should be limited to citizens of a nation. So the test should be limited to citizens. And I agree with limiting the age. I’m not sure that the age limit should be the same for everyone. But it’s more practical that it is.

Amen. I dont get to vote on the goings on at corporations I am not an employee nor shareholder. Why should any aliens, Illegals especially, be entitled to a voice in our great republic? Hell, why not allow visiting foreign nationals here on holiday vote if they just happen to be here that first week in November? Where does it stop? It needs to be citizens and citizens only. Plain and simple.

I think it was Neal Boortz who came up with something similar regarding the land ownership to vote idea. His idea was you had to have skin in the game to have a voice. Nothing at stake, nothing to lose, so why are you allowed to vote when you dont have as much skin in the game? If you have nothing to lose, there is little incentive to do the right thing.

As I recall it was based on personal income taxes. So if you rented an apartment instead of owning your home, you still got a vote. To get a vote, you must have a *NET* loss due to taxes and actually walk away from the table April 15 with no more money in your pocket than you did on the 14th. So if you paid $3,000 in taxes, but thanks to tax credits and deductions you actually owe zero taxes and you get a refund check that zeroes out your tax burden, you have no skin in the game and get no say. No votes for you!

And one option to the plan was to base the number of votes on every $X in taxes paid. Up to $50,000 in personal income taxes paid, you get one vote. For every $50k additional you get another vote. So the more you can be impacted, the more say you get. And before you say "what about the filthy rich folk getting all the votes?" A lot of them have their income structured so that they pay little to no income taxes. Wasn't it John Kerry that everyone was making a big deal about him paying little to no income taxes because the bulk of his income was investment and therefore not subject to income taxes? (double taxation) Guess what? That would make him ineligible to vote in this scenario because his are Capital Gains taxes, not income taxes.

Boortz illustrated it this way. And it was brilliant:

Say you decide to take 5 people out to dinner, your treat. You say "Look. We're going to Outback. They have good food, and at a decent price. But you can order anything you like." And you all pile into your SUV.

A few miles down the road, one of the 5 says "We've been discussing it amongst ourselves. (yes, amongst is not a word, but they arent that bright... you'll see. Stay with me...) We have taken a vote, and we think that we deserve more than Outback. We have voted amongst ourselves to go to Schula's instead. So you WILL take us to Schula's because its our 5 votes to your 1. You are outnumbered so therefore must take us where we dictate."

That is the dilemma that system tries to avoid. Why do those 5 mooches get to decide how much you pay for their benefit?

Not saying its a good idea per se, just that I see the logic behind it and it isnt without any merit whatsoever. It's intriguing.

Top Bottom