• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Just switched to Imgur myself. Seems to work fine and it is free. Honestly, in my initial usage, I like it much better than Photobucket which had gotten so slow and full of ads. Time to move on, and the $399 price was just the nail in the coffin. Glad I switched.

e9ZvIQs.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My understanding is that Vbulletin charges more for forums based on how much memory they use on their site. Without linking to an outside photo host, it uses a lot of memory to load photos to the forum. I'm an admin on another forum that is hosted by vbulletin, and this is what that forum owner told me a long time ago.

You can upload pictures from your computer to this site if you use the icon above your message posting area to insert an image. They have to be clicked on to be enlarged, but you can load directly to the site.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    My understanding is that Vbulletin charges more for forums based on how much memory they use on their site. Without linking to an outside photo host, it uses a lot of memory to load photos to the forum. I'm an admin on another forum that is hosted by vbulletin, and this is what that forum owner told me a long time ago.

You can upload pictures from your computer to this site if you use the icon above your message posting area to insert an image. They have to be clicked on to be enlarged, but you can load directly to the site.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work in the classifieds though.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yea, you can use your INGO Album, just make sure you have the corresponding Folder/Pic set to Public, not Private

IMGUR is stupid easy to use, though. I can literally host a pic there, and have a link on here in about 30 seconds.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Well lets try a tinypic.com image for fun and see how long this stays up. It's even in a folder called AR15. It's a horrible site. No Android app support and saturated with ads.

b4x285.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just buy your own hosting package. I spend less than $25 per year. I just sign up with a new reseller yearly and get the intro pricing.
    Exactly. We had this discussion the last time this subject came up to. People seem to be intimidated by the idea though.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Tinypic worked for a couple weeks after Photobucket shut me down, but they too started blocking eventually.

I am using Imgur right now and it works great! Let's hope that they don't pull the same shenanigans in the near future.

Top Bottom