• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Postimages is working for me. Copy the link that says "direct link" and either use the [ img] tags or click on the photo icon.

deblorelei.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Above the text box of your INGO post on the right side, there are some icons. The one for photos is the square one in the middle of the group of five. Click the photo icon, click on 'from URL' and then paste the "direct link" text into it.

Personally, I prefer to use the [ img] tags instead of the photo icon. Type [ img] (with no spaces) , paste the link, and then type [ /img] (with no spaces).

It should look like this but with no space after the [

[ img]https://s20.postimg.org/7d0xjh3xp/deblorelei.jpg[ /img]

Last edited:

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am recommending that EVERYONE actually *delete* their account from Photobucket rather than let it sit there and languish.

I am sure a lot of their advertising dollars comes from their ability to tell their advertisers "we have XX million accounts". Let's hit them where it hurts and reduce that number down to a fraction of what it was.

To delete your account (warning, they system is sooooo slow, you have to be patient):

To delete a Free account:
    Place your mouse on the Profile icon next to Plans (top right), and choose Settings. ...
    Click the Account tab and scroll to the bottom of the page.
    Click Delete this account.

Done! Pass this along to anyone you know!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    How they see this as a valid business model is beyond me. There is WAY too much competition for them to alienate users. Some pencil pusher thought "Hey, if we start charging they will have to stay with us to keep using their pics!"
    Users are saying.. No we don't

Mind Boggling

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    At least we can access our photos to download them. I uploaded a bunch of vacation pictures to Picuretrail, and then they held them hostage and wouldn't let me access them without paying $30 a month. I had the originals, so I told them to suck it.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Yes, delete your account, and tell everyone you know to delete theirs. If we just say "screw it" and leave our accounts in tact, it benefits Photobucket. We all need to leave in mass.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes, delete your account, and tell everyone you know to delete theirs. If we just say "screw it" and leave our accounts in tact, it benefits Photobucket. We all need to leave in mass.

I still have my original pictures spread out on my computer, but i wanted to download my album before I deleted but couldn't get the "download album" button to work. I downloaded what I wanted individually.
    I "suspect" that is intentional by photobucket.
    Really it was just a place to place set my weird photo collection of stuff I post here. I didn't use it for anything else.

Top Bottom