• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

This is my quick solution;

Have the Photobucket Android app upload pic as normal.
    Dowload to my computer.
    Then upload to happygunner's link.

Worked for my add. Fotay S&W brass for sale. Have at it...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading-supplies/439022-40-s-w-brass-sale.html

40_SW.brass.jpg

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I just up loaded some pics a bit ago. I am only using 9% of my free account. I had to turn adblocker on so I could navigate the stupid site. Way to many popups. And even with he blocker the site creeps at times really bad. Especially that last year or so.

It would suck to loose it. Time to look at other options.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe it has something to do with how many times the picture is accessed.
    BOR has hotlinks to his signature line. That's gotta mean those links are accessed a lot.
    As opposed to someone that post a pic of something that gets looked at, then people move on.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is my quick solution;

Have the Photobucket Android app upload pic as normal.
    Dowload to my computer.

Then upload to happygunner's link.

Worked for my add. Fotay S&W brass for sale. Have at it...

Why the extra steps? Why not upload straight from your phone?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well thank you sir.....:)

I am sure once figured out it will be easy enough but it is in the figuring that irritates me.
    If you ever wander up to NWI I could show you pretty quickly. Plus I remember something about grilling burgers and shooting :):

Takes about 10 minutes to set it up for just FTP. Then you just use a FTP app to upload pictures. You can organize however you like and post links all you want. The links work until such time as you decide to stop paying for the site to exist.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I've rarely used the 'photo hosting' sites as I always assumed this type of thing could happen. I hate reading old posts and finding all the photos missing because someone has deleted their account or whatever.

I simply upload photos to INGO (or other forum) as an attachment. Easy as can be. Another upside is you don't have to repeatedly scroll past the same full size photo's when a post is repeatedly quoted. The only downside, if it is one at all, is that the photos show as a thumbnail that has to be clicked for the full sized photo.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Obviously, because I was using the KISS method while waiting on a professional to give the proper step by step instruction...

:): :ingo:

Actually, depending on how the upload is configured, it could be beneficial. If the uploaded file is a smaller, more web friendly file, it makes sense. Straight from the phone could be a monster sized high resolution file that would look silly here because it isnt scaled like a downsampled file that doesnt display huge in the forum.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Maybe it has something to do with how many times the picture is accessed.
    BOR has hotlinks to his signature line. That's gotta mean those links are accessed a lot.
    As opposed to someone that post a pic of something that gets looked at, then people move on.

My sig line on photobucket. Has been for few years. The only reason I even use Photobucket is to to share pictures on the forums I visit. It's probably a matter of time before I get nailed for it. That sucks.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Actually, depending on how the upload is configured, it could be beneficial. If the uploaded file is a smaller, more web friendly file, it makes sense. Straight from the phone could be a monster sized high resolution file that would look silly here because it isnt scaled like a downsampled file that doesnt display huge in the forum.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken. I think that this site (INGO) down sizes posted photos? That or Photobucket is doing it?
    I have noticed that, sometime over the past year or so, that large photos are smaller when I return to the page later on.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    There's a great advantage to having your own web servers. I can host anything in any format with zero problems.

Top Bottom