• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I just tried to post something for sale on INGO and got the notification from PB that I can't do that anymore. Then I thought I might give them a few dollars a month for it but they wanted to charge me $399 a year! What a bunch of :poop:. I use it to back up photos and put images on INGO, which was never much AT ALL. It really pisses me off they tried to pull that on me when I barely did it at all.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I have 76 pages of pics and Vids in the bucket and I can not get them out of there. They are hostage apparently.

TinyPic for now I guess.

I've had trouble with Tinypic since PB started holding hostages. I have to turn off AdBlocker and the crap that "TP" (very fitting azzwipe stuff) is dishing out is messing up the photo transferring.
    There's an obvious fix for this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've had trouble with Tinypic since PB started holding hostages. I have to turn off AdBlocker and the crap that "TP" (very fitting azzwipe stuff) is dishing out is messing up the photo transferring.

I wonder how the pay to play plan is working out for the bucket.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills

isn't tiny pick a ohotobucket product? I would not waste time with it, because it too may eventually hold your photis hostage.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It is so unnerving, on this site and others, that some folks have put so much time and trouble into documenting details of projects and procedures only to turn into this.

IMG_20150808_163723_836_zpsmy5jvs4t.jpg

I'm with CM, I want my 10gig of pics back without paying the ransom. So I'll be gentle for now.

I hope PB straightens up and makes provisions to accommodate their users. It's fine to charge whatever they want going forward. Just don't screw everyone and everything that made them what they are today.

I fear the PB is gonna fool around and **** off some with the skills to make things difficult for them going forward?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looks like the market is working. The go-to service changing policies to what its customers don't want. They're looking for other services. I wouldn't be surprised if someone bilt a better photobucket, much like Facebook became the better my space. Either PhotoBucket does what its users want or it dies. Well. Unless it can find a way to crony up to government and compel membership.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just checking to see if I can still upload from the app

If you have to check, you are likey good, for now. Problem is how long will it last?

A bigger problem is supporting the company responsible for jerking the rug out from under years of intricate detail documented forum information that is now this:

rimg.php

Support PhotoBucket and you are supporting countless hours of educational knowledge that is now lost.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A lot of folks have been using Imgur. I am also, but it's a bit of a learning curve. Haven't figured how the app will auto upload or set to private without doing it individually each upload. It's a quick wake up when you inadvertently post "public" and immediately get chat commentary notifications, from anyone on Imgur, about your gun picks.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Dang it.
    Mines also gone.

I realllllly need to put my pics someplace else.

I don't know nuttin', about no computers ..... BUT,

can't you just get one of those things, that plugs into the computer,

and download pics, then they are on the "stick",

and you can do what you want .....

Does that make sense to anyone ?????

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I just deleted my PB account. Choose other and told them why I closed it.

I have my new web server running, an app to upload and resize to that site on demand, so I'm set. I just need to install a gallery app to be able to view my pics by thumbnail.

When I look at my thumbnail, I don't see any pics .....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't know nuttin', about no computers ..... BUT,

can't you just get one of those things, that plugs into the computer,

and download pics, then they are on the "stick",

and you can do what you want .....

Does that make sense to anyone ?????

You can't show pics to INGO from a "stick".

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Looks like the market is working. The go-to service changing policies to what its customers don't want. They're looking for other services. I wouldn't be surprised if someone bilt a better photobucket, much like Facebook became the better my space. Either PhotoBucket does what its users want or it dies. Well. Unless it can find a way to crony up to government and compel membership.

I hope, you all, can get your pics .....

THEN, let it "die" .....

Talking about photo bucket ..... (mods) ..... NO HAMMER, needed ..... please .....

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    A little clarification this morning. Apparently Plus Members are grandfathered in for 3rd party hosting and linking. Because I pay $3/mth for extra storage and ad-free, I can still use all of the PB services until December 31, 2018... at which point my $3/mth would have to upgrade to $399/yr for the exact same service.

At least gives me a while to decide on a better option or setup my own host server.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A little clarification this morning. Apparently Plus Members are grandfathered in for 3rd party hosting and linking. Because I pay $3/mth for extra storage and ad-free, I can still use all of the PB services until December 31, 2018... at which point my $3/mth would have to upgrade to $399/yr for the exact same service...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that $36 a year deal is over, right? Now the only option for us who didn't book into "plus" is to pay $399 a year, correct?

Top Bottom