• Total voters

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    im not a big knowlegable knife guy but i could not survive without my 2 knives. one is a leatherman multi tool with knife blades that wont cut butter.

the small knife is a razor blade folding knife from lowes. if it goes dull flip the blade or throw it out and grab a new one

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    You didn't specify fixed or folder...

My vote goes towards my EDC folder, SOG Twitch II, not real heavy duty, but light, easy to carry, stays sharp, wicked fast one hand opening with it's flipper and assist...

Best EDC folder I've ever had... (first one that cost more than $10 also... hmmmm, I see a connection...)

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    All 3 are great choices, as well as bacon. The Izula is hard to beat for the price. Buy the pink one, much harder to lose in the woods.

I'm just afraid that with the guys I hang around with, pink might send a message that would make me kill one of them in the night...

No thoughts on the different steels? I'm definitely not an expert, and I know some of you are very smart about the properties of the steels used in each. The izulas and scrapivores are about the same price, which surprised me, and the swamp warden is just a few bucks more, not significant. Price won't play in the decision.

copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    picture.php
    [/IMG]

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What, no Game Warden listed? :)

Any of the top 3 should be fine. I'm partial to the Swamp Warden though, or the Scrapivore, because I'm a big fan of Bussekin knives.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    I chose the Scrapivore because it has a prying tip on the handle. Another option would be a calaboration knife between Becker/Kabar & Esee called the Eskabar, it has the Izula handle with a slightly larger blade of the Becker. Knife lady should be able to help you out with that one aswell!

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I used to just sort of browse this part of the forum, thankful that my only addiction was 1911s, immune to the power of the blade, chuckling at you all for your silly knife obsessions. Then I stumbled into a pair of busses. And then a swamp rat. And then another busse. And then I dug out an old spyderco that I haven't used since I got out of the military...

And now I'm wanting to learn about the different steels, wanting more knives, completely convinced that I have to have a fixed 4" AND a fixed 5"...

I think I'm ****ed.

Oh, knife lady...

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I used to just sort of browse this part of the forum, thankful that my only addiction was 1911s, immune to the power of the blade, chuckling at you all for your silly knife obsessions. Then I stumbled into a pair of busses. And then a swamp rat. And then another busse. And then I dug out an old spyderco that I haven't used since I got out of the military...

And now I'm wanting to learn about the different steels, wanting more knives, completely convinced that I have to have a fixed 4" AND a fixed 5"...

I think I'm ****ed.

Oh, knife lady...

Yep, I've always been into knives, but since the first Chop-In I have a new appreciation for good steel.

So, do you have any hawks?:D

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Yep, I've always been into knives, but since the first Chop-In I have a new appreciation for good steel.

So, do you have any hawks?:D

Lalalala I can't hear you! I saw a busse hatchet/hawkish thing that gave me instant... Well, 'appreciation'.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    I like the swamp warden out of the three. Izula is a close second and the Scrapivore just doesn't feel good with the pry bar(and I have 2 but sold my extra Izula and Swamp Warden, go figure).

Somebody over on bladeforums is selling Bark River neckers at a really good price. Never tried one but thought about picking one up. At his prices it's hard to resist.

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    I have a few of the Izula's and really like the design.
    I do not own a swap warden but I would like to try one out. I have some other knives in SR-101 and like it a bit better than the 1095.
    Any of the knives you listed will be fine.

Top Bottom