• Total voters

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    :rofl:challenge accepted, your knife is in for a world of fail against me

LOL! i JUST got around to reading this thread! mostly because i knew where it would go........

as a side bar......... i could make a better knife than the mora for around $18.

just sayin..........

:patriot:

bar stock. $5.
    heat treat $7.50.
    handles and pins $10.

ok. $22.50. close enough.

and no the above post does not reflect tyipcal cost associated with custom knives. i can hear it all now....... lol! :n00b:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I'm here. I will send pm's to all interested partys. It should be a good time and if I do lose tyler can cut my knife in half:):

i think the largest issue is going to be:

what are you going to use the knives for? everyone's "testing" is different and dependant on THEIR needs. one users test might be solely cutting manila rope or cardboard. one might want to use it as a "masterkey" type tool. its all dependant on use. the mora has been a fantastic "design" for centuries. the mora is going to test poorly in a test geared for a different style of knife.

like if you are looking for a truck you don't go car shopping......... what are kind of knife are we going to be looking for?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Different companies. Frost Mora / Eric Frost, Mora Switzerland. Frost cutlery / Jim Frost.

Exactly correct. :yesway: I was going to post this as well.

Anyway I am awaiting to see how this challenge will go down. Should be quite interesting. I would also like to know what knives or knife will be in the challenge..

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I got the PM from Chase515. I told him depending on the date you guys are more than welcome to my backyard. But there are a few conditions.

1) I am only supplying the venue.
    2) It is up to the "contestants" to determine the challenges and supply the necessary equipment to attempt said challenges.
    3) if you cut your hand off or injure yourself in any way it is your problem I am not responsible. (My insurance guy made me say it.)
    4) There may be more but we will see how things play out.

Last edited:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    This Saturday, someplace public where we can meet and greet and watch Tyler chop a knife in half? I need to get a feel for this "Tyler-sharp" standard...

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Well my place is not public as I do not want to put my address on ingo. FYI Avon has a three inch blade rule or something similar. So if you guys want to meet at a "Middle Point" I would suggest a park in Plainfield.

Edit: I can meet this Saturday. We will need to get Fenway with his video camera so we can post results/video. I'll bring my easy-up for shade.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Top Bottom