• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I just picked up a JRC marine takedown rifle, I had been eyeballing them for some time. I haven't seen much about them here on INGO.

I I have only run a couple of hundred rounds through it, sighting in a cheap BSA red dot I had laying around. So far it has been flawless and very accurate. Takedown is super easy and it locks down tight. Many parts are interchangeable with an ar and this one uses Glock mags. To disassemble for cleaning is a little odd, it uses allen screws instead of the typical pins but really is no big deal. So far I'm pretty impressed. Anybody else have one?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am a self-proclaimed PCC fanatic...so I can chime in here with some personal experience:

Sig MPX: Best PCC I own. Also the most expensive. Runs flawlessly. High quality.
    AR-9 (build): Also runs great. I spared no expense, so I have close to $1000 in it, but you could build one for cheaper these days. LRBHO is no reliable.
    Sub 2000: Great concept and excellent truck gun. Runs pretty good. Iron sights suck and pretty hard to get a decent cheek weld.
    Hi-Point 995: Least expensive. Lifetime warranty. Runs great. Ugly as sin. limited mag capacity.
    Rossi M92 .357: Fun fun fun! Limited capacity. Not a semi-auto, but cool looking and also deer legal.
    PSA Hybrid G-9: Bought this to run some PCC at FNS. FUN FUN FUN! Has run great for me. No issues.
    AR-45 (build): I love this gun but I really only run it suppressed (its very quiet) as .45 ACP is expensive to shoot compared to 9mm.

Hope this helps!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'll throw out another one. 9mm Tavor. Here is mine with a ZRX suppressor. Always a favorite when I have people over to shoot.

Tavor%20with%20ZRX.jpg

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I picked up a used Sub2k last weekend to see how I liked a PCC. This one uses G17 magazines and came with 6 33 round sticks for $300 all in. Figured at that price I could give it a go with little loss if I don’t like it. If I enjoy having a PCC, the Sub2k may go on to a new home and help fund a higher quality option.

I’ll admit the 9mm Tavor has my interest, but hard to justify the cost without knowing that I’ll enjoy it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My only negative for my Tavor is that it is heavy. Other than that I love it, especially with the suppressor. It is about as quiet as my MP15-22 suppressed.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    These three aren't for everyone as they're on the cost high end, but they are awesome to shoot especially suppressed. Left to right - Definitive Arms AKX-9, B&T APC9, B&T P26.
    I also have an AR-9 which is more mid-range on cost and then I also have a Gen2 Sub-2000 for something on the lower end. After figuring out a way to get a good sight picture with the irons on the Sub-2000 I actually like shooting that one.

BpnbsZ1.jpg

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Not sure if this qualifies, but I've been playing around with this lately. This is the Roni chassis for a G17 using an SB Tactical brace. It's quite fun to shoot and the Glock has been just as reliable in the chassis as it is on its own.

ZQdhadP.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you really want a fun and effective PCC, pick up a Marlin 1894 in .357mag or .44mag. Makes for a great day at the range on on a hog hunt.

attachment.php

I've been looking at those and the Henrys.
    Would be nice to have a carbine in .357 to share with my Model 19 S&W revolver.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Well I am a huge fan of pcc. I got a kel-tec sub 2000 to see if I liked pcc, got all the stuff from mcarbo and it runs great and never a problem.
    Then got a FX-9 wow great carbine set up like a AR 15. The customer service of freedom arms is great.
    Then I my dream carbine CZ evo this is a great carbine. Would not sell any of the 3.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Well I am a huge fan of pcc. I got a kel-tec sub 2000 to see if I liked pcc, got all the stuff from mcarbo and it runs great and never a problem.
    Then got a FX-9 wow great carbine set up like a AR 15. The customer service of freedom arms is great.
    Then I my dream carbine CZ evo this is a great carbine. Would not sell any of the 3.

Great to hear! I am interested in the FX-9 and have been looking at one at the LGS. Just may have to dive in!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If you really want a fun and effective PCC, pick up a Marlin 1894 in .357mag or .44mag. Makes for a great day at the range on on a hog hunt.

attachment.php

I've been looking at those and the Henrys.
    Would be nice to have a carbine in .357 to share with my Model 19 S&W revolver.

I have an Uberti Cattleman in the same caliber. They make for great range time; they do not trouble the hand or shoulder, and the cost is minimal. All day event!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    From the other PCC thread:
    I have tried and owned the following:
    Ruger PC9 - heavy, but sturdy, reliable, eats anything, uses my Ruger P-series mags, accurate enough. Get the ghost ring sight model if possible.
    HiPoint - cheap, hard to work on, but more accurate than it has any right to be, limited mag choice
    Sub 2000 (older model) - adapted Ruger P-series mags to fit (takes S&W), light, folds small, difficult cheek weld, takes some getting used to
    Calico - what's not to like with 50 and 100 round mags? Only kept the newest one - the older ones were unreliable

While PC9s are getting harder to find, it's still easy to get MecGar 17 round mags online, new, about $20.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Twin six I really like my fx 9. When they started to sell them I got one of the first models. Mine would rapid fire with one pull which is way cool but not something you want. I called Freedom ordnance they gave me shipping label that day. I sent it back to them on tue got it back Thursday.
    This is a great Indiana company. It has never had a problem with any feed issues and eats anything.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    We have a Kriss Vector in 10mm that has an equal fun/cost to shoot ratio. My 15 year old handles the size and weight well but my 12 year old just doesn't have long enough arms. We're modifying the HiPoint 995TS that's very accurate, eats cheap ammo, and is fun to shoot despite being uglier than my first ex wife. We're modifying it to have a collapsible stock so hopefully it'll be even more fun to shoot and not so hard to look at. Beretta CX4 is something I hope to find soon because that looks like a good time and something my kids would enjoy.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I wanted a Ruger PC9, couldn't find one, and bought a Highpoint 995 on an impulse at a gun show. I figured that would satisfy me while I looked for the Ruger.

It's the one gun that always goes to the range, no matter what else I'm shooting. At some point, I stopped looking for the Ruger.

I think a lot of guys would secretly like to shoot one, but don't want to be seen shooting one.

Top Bottom