• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Guns and ammo tv gave a pretty rave review on the high point carbines. I would like to shoot one

The only two bad things I hear about those are they are ugly and they overheat if you shoot them too much. But casual plinking they are a good deal.

I like my PSA AR-9. I replaced the upper with a Spartan Tactical to get the LRBHO. It works well, but as stated upthread, depending on the magazine spring tension, it may not STAY open. YMMV.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I’ve always wanted a pcc besides the hp995, that I picked around 10 years ago on Black Friday for $169, and traded off shortly thereafter. Recently the psa ar9’s dipped below $500, so I jumped on one, and so far I’m totally impressed.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I'm a big PCC fan too.
    Where's the Beretta Cx4 love? I have two of them and really like them. They are light and handle really well because they are so short. Using Beretta 92 mags or Px4 mags means they are easy to get. They are uber reliable. A few mods make them a dream.
    I have a Marlin 1894 in .357 if I want some more power.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I'm a big PCC fan too.
    Where's the Beretta Cx4 love? I have two of them and really like them. They are light and handle really well because they are so short. Using Beretta 92 mags or Px4 mags means they are easy to get. They are uber reliable. A few mods make them a dream.
    I have a Marlin 1894 in .357 if I want some more power.

What mods have you done? I'm hoping to find one tomorrow at the 1500 and if not tomorrow, very soon.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    I like the CX4 too... but not that pistol grip/stock combo looking thing... That is kind of odd to me. I could see it being a workable platform, however.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Another vote for Hi-Point - have the carbine in 9 and 45. Best bang-for-the-buck of any gun I've owned.

Yeah, they're heavy and ugly, and you probably don't want your friends to see you with one, but when you're alone together it can be a lot of fun.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I had the ATI stock on mine, it really helped with the ugliness, and cheap feeling. Mine was the old model, the newer TS models are probably better.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I've been looking at those and the Henrys.
    Would be nice to have a carbine in .357 to share with my Model 19 S&W revolver.

I personally prefer the Henry over the Marlin. Loading the Henry is easier and I have had issues with the Marlins that I have owned cycling and jamming. Both brands shoot great just prefer the Henry over the Marlin.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Don't know if you reload Act, but microgroove Marlins can be troublesome with cast bullets. Don't overlook the Uberti 1873 in 357 magnum.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Leadeye
    Pistol caliber carbine always makes me think of lever gun.

+1. Like my Yellowboy. .44-40 rules.

My Uberti 45 LC is such a ***** cat. It makes me wonder if that round will even go through a paper target. I tried and tried to find a matching lever action / single action pistol in .357 but gave up and went .45 LC. I had no idea that round was so much more $$$ to shoot or I would have held out longer. I'm thinkning about trying it in a steel match.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    My Hi Point is the funnest thing to shoot I own. Ridiculously accurate and just a blast to shoot. If it had a version with higher capacity everyone would have one.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom