• ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    :scratch:

They are literally the exact same action as the pistols.

For sure, but they work.
    The pistols are ugly as hell, oversized chunks of zinc and steel.
    Putting that action in a carbine seems quite a bit more viable.
    Not saying they measure up in quality to say a CX4 or the like, only saying that they are a viable alternative, especially for those on a budget with recoil sensitivity.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Okay, it's not a 9mm carbine, but it's still in a handgun caliber (.45 Colt), and it's still definitely a carbine. ;)
    DSCF0591.jpg

Definitely what I think of when someone says pistol carbine.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    For sure, but they work.
    The pistols are ugly as hell, oversized chunks of zinc and steel.
    Putting that action in a carbine seems quite a bit more viable.
    Not saying they measure up in quality to say a CX4 or the like, only saying that they are a viable alternative, especially for those on a budget with recoil sensitivity.

I'll admit, probably the only hi point I'd consider keeping if given to me.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The pistols are laughable only for thier shape and size. Someone tried to blow on up on purpose and it took insane measures to destroy it.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I have a sub 2000 gen 2 9 mm with glock mags I don't even want a glock but that being said this is a great carbine that is well worth the money. I got it for steel matches and it works great. I have pimp it out with new trigger, trigger spring kit, trigger guard. All done by me plus did not spend 100 bucks on those up grades. I got this carbine to see if I wanted one and yes I do with out spending 1200 on it. So you will get your money back if you don't like it. So go for it

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I recently bought a Hi-point 9mm carbine for $262 shipped free to my FFL. The model came with a cheap sling and a foregrip. Took off the rear sight and replaced it with a Bushnell Red Dot I had. After Co-witness the front sight with the red dot it's very accurate. My kids love shooting it. Low recoil, cheap 9mm ammo, accuracy, happy kids for a low price carbine with a lifetime warranty. Cannot beat that for my situation.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Why don't manufacturers make a 9mm carbine that's competitive with the sub2k? Popularity is obviously on the rise. All we have now is the $400 sub2k being sold for $200 more than its worth. Then AR pattern, JR carbine, Sig, beretta and CZ at the $800+ price point. It's no wonder people are paying $100 over MSRP for the sub2k. There's no competition for it in that price range. I may just end up getting the sub2k anyway just so I can share with my glock mags and not have to buy more mags for another platform. Someone surprise me at SHOT please

The keltec is a plastic thing with crappy sights, and limited accessories. The PSA can be had for $700, and it is rock solid.

DKK_3505w_zpsxff3sf1o.jpg

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Nice PSA there!
    I have two of these the other is black with a reflex red dot. Both shoot well the black one will bunch out the bull at 50 yards with the RD. HP customer service is the best I have experienced anywhere.

Farm1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Elletsville
    I'll stick with my ar in 9mm.. If you want to get something in the Kel Tec price point to reiterate what others have said you can build a 9mm ar fairly cheap..

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    If someone would make an inexpensive bullpup 9mm PCC. It would offset the size since all it would need is overall length requirement and it would retain a close handling of an SBR while still being useful. And when I meant inexpensive, I mean just that. The Tavor and X95 are cool, but those are really pricey guns and even more so to convert to 9mm.

Top Bottom