• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    For all you PCC fanatics, did you know USPSA practical shooting handgun competitions now allow PCCs? It's a great way to get some high-speed shooting in with your long gun. Or to train with a PCC equivalent to your rifle. I've shot mine in a couple of matches and it is a LOT of fun. Very few equipment rules... most likely your PCC will be within the rules (including optics, SBRs, big mags, lights/lasers, etc). The only real exceptions are silencers are not allowed (since the timer needs to pick up the shots) and pistol braces eg the Sig brace are not allowed (must be designed to be fired from the shoulder).

If it sounds interesting, contact me, or check the shooting sports sub-forum on INGO to find a match near you, or visit uspsa.org.

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    For all you PCC fanatics, did you know USPSA practical shooting handgun competitions now allow PCCs?

I built a new top-end for my 9mm for use in USPSA's PCC division.
    RRA 9mm barrel cut to 12" by ADCO (they did great work on the cut/threading, would use again). 10" BCM KMR hand guards.

Not the best photo, but you get the idea....
    9mm%20wo%20can_zpshjfxid7p.jpeg

Here it is next to its 12.5" 223 big brother...
    I figure PCC is a good chance to practice w/ a rifle set up similarly to my bump-in-the-night AR, plus I think that ~12" length is just a great balance of the size trade-off... long enough to get a good out-reached grip and good control, but short enough to save some weight and easier handling in tight spots.
    9mm%20w%20can%20and%20223_zpsvtykxbch.jpeg

-rvb

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I have to agree with above....I currently use my SIG MPX SBR for uspsa. I wanted to use what I had available and see if I enjoyed the PCC division (which I really do). I bought the MPX on a whim before I shot USPSA, and never really shot it much. Once I realized PCC was a division in USPSA, it has quickly developed into my most shot gun. Since I am more of a rifle guy over pistol, I enjoy PCC over the other division and suggest all to try it out.

D868D047-4797-476D-967D-B264E292B46A_zps7gft4xur.jpg

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Personal story, years ago, I had the chance to buy an old Colt 9mm AR. It came with a bunch of mags and for under 600. I really wish I had bought it just for the classic look.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    He's practicing to cut down mine. :)
    We still need to discuss a price though.

I mailed my forms March 10. I wonder where they are up to on sbrs and suppressors.

Last week of June and first week of July. I have 2 form 4's pending and like an idiot looking everyday watching to see when the pre41f backlog dissolves. Hopefully they'll go back to 3 months after all the July submissions get through. :abused:

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    Just shot my first steel match with the CZ Carbine and i'm hooked!!!

Anyone using a PCC for 3-gun? Anyone have a good ballistics chart for these things out to 300 yards? Enough energy left to activate a flasher?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Just shot my first steel match with the CZ Carbine and i'm hooked!!!

Anyone using a PCC for 3-gun? Anyone have a good ballistics chart for these things out to 300 yards? Enough energy left to activate a flasher?

:laugh:

W/ a 100 yd zero for a 115gr 9mm, you'd need to adjust for somewhere around 118" of drop (~40 moa) to hit at 300. Pistol cals really drop like a rock past 100.

ps. this is why USPSA is so fun with these guns. :)

-rvb

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Shot my CX4 this weekend for the first time. Loads of fun and my 12 yo and 14yo nephews loved it. As a lefty long gun shooter, I seemed to catch a lot of gas, etc in the face but it was set up for RH ejection at the time. I have since switched it and look forward to seeing if t is better. I also may add a riser to the optic to raise the cheek weld a bit. More comfortable and maybe above the cloud.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom