• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'm looking for a pocket pistol, something in the size range of a Ruger LCP. Who makes a good pistol in that size?

No interest in a revolver at the moment, just semi auto; preferably .380 or 9mm.

Thanks!

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Ruger LCP is a nice gun, if you understand it's designed purpose. I have the first iteration and paid less than $200.

I also considered the Kimber Micro 9, but I didn't want to pay as much. I also have a lot of .40 cal ammo and didn't want to have too many calibers. I have not ever shot one of these.

I've shot a glock 43. I found it to be very manageable. I shot basically one mag; accuracy wasn't as good for me as a glock 27. But, I think it just takes some getting used to b/c of thinness.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Just pickup a good old fashion original Ruger LCP. They are affordable and they have literally made millions of them.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Check out Kahr arms. They make a 380 that's exactly the same size I'd say and I like much more. A lot of the other good options like the Sig P365 or the P938 and such are a lot bigger than the LCP when you start stuffing them in your pocket. Pocket pistols aren't really my style but I've kept my Kahr around just to have one.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I would stay away from Glock for a pocket pistol. I would want at least a 12 lb trigger and a pocket holster. Preferably 9mm. I'm sure there's something out there.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Smith and Wesson has a 9 1/2 lb trigger pull. Most others have 5 1/2. I thought I saw a Taurus that was a good candidate for a pocket pistol.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Diamondback db9 or Ruger ec9 for 9mm. Both have a 5 lb trigger. The Diamondback is really nice. It's the same size as the Ruger 380.
    Crap, now I want one.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I would suggest renting something that size before buying. Those teeny pistols are easy to hide but hard to shoot accurately simply because of the small size. I've had numerous people show up for training with an LCP or Bodyguard 380 and be very disappointed with the performance with "their" gun even though they shot very well with a reasonable size 22 like a M&P 22C or a Taurus TX22

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

epeery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Columbus
    I think Rural King is still running a sale on the Springfield 911. Someone may fill in if it's not a comparable size pistol, I can't really say I know the LCP, but I was impressed with the 911 when I looked at them at the NRA Convention last year.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    I have an ec9 and shield, like the ec9 better myself. I would recommend if you can go for the lcp II, its worth the upgrades (like the trigger and grip much better).

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    LCP 2 has a lighter trigger and is basically single action only. So in a nutshell you would be carrying a cocked and unlocked, relatively light trigger, more angular less snag resistant handgun in your pocket. No thank you. Not worth it for what amounts to an ear, nose and throat gun. Stick with the original LCP.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Sig P238. I have one with rosewood grips and tritium night sights. It's accurate for its intended purposes and spends most of its life in my bathrobe pocket. Concealable, accurate and reliable.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    I have the Taurus TCP 380 and it'll only fire 1 out of a dozen rounds fired and from what I've read it's common
    Wife just got an lcp2 seems pretty good (as good as a pistol that small can be)
    I carry a g19 but while I'm working ( landscaper) I like to have a pocket pistol so guess I'll be snagging an lcp2 also

Top Bottom