• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Sig P938 is what I use for a pocket pistol. They are slim, have a decent trigger and generally come with night sights. They are also easy and fun to shoot which is unusual for a pocket sized gun. One of my son’s also carries a P938 and the other has a P238. All 3 have been reliable for us.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The P938 is a little bigger than the P290RS, which isn't made anymore but you can get a used one. The 938 is stainless on aluminum with an 8 lb trigger. The 290 is plastic. The 938 would be a good choice for me, knowing it shoots well.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I just wouldn't be able to wrap my brain around carrying a striker fired pistol in my pocket, even with a pocket holster...

Yet people will not hesitate to shove a Sig 238 or LCP2 into a pocket. Honestly I want nothing to do with any of them.

I do have a Glock 42. I like the gun, smooth shooter. In fact I like it better then the Glock 43. This one has become my “J frame replacement” since giving my S&W642 to my father. The G42 is barely small enough to fit in a pocket with room to properly access the gun. Personally I feel it is a better on the belt concealment gun. Basically all of the 9mm pistols are best suited for on the belt.

Occasionally I will carry the LCP1 in my offhand pocket as a BUG. They are a deep concealment type of gun. In that role I would rather have a double action trigger.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    45, that is the best looking G42 I have seen! Very nice.

Thanks! Most probably wouldn't think of blue for a pistol, but the Titanium Blue from Cerakote looks really slick. I've got a P365 the same color. One of the best things about the little Glocks is the option to install Trijicon HD night sights. Fast hits at self-defense range are easy with that big dot out front.

G42b.jpg

Yet people will not hesitate to shove a Sig 238 or LCP2 into a pocket. Honestly I want nothing to do with any of them.

It is silly to just "shove it into a pocket." A good pocket holster is necessary. I use a Vedder Pocket Locker for both my G42 and my P365. Locks in just like any quality kydex holster and has a thumb tab release. I pocket carry almost exclusively.

G42a.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It is silly to just "shove it into a pocket." A good pocket holster is necessary. I use a Vedder Pocket Locker for both my G42 and my P365. Locks in just like any quality kydex holster and has a thumb tab release. I pocket carry almost exclusively.

G42a.jpg

That is a nice looking pocket holster!!! Definitely much safer.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I can’t imagine the size of some of your guys’ pockets. A 42 is not an”pocket sized” pistol IMO. A 43 definitely isn’t as it’s quite a bit larger than a 42. There’s zero reason to be scared of carrying a striker fired pistol in your pocket provided it’s in a proper holster that covers the trigger guard. Just like any other method of carry. You may look at the Kahr CM9/PM9 also.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I can’t imagine the size of some of your guys’ pockets. A 42 is not an”pocket sized” pistol IMO. A 43 definitely isn’t as it’s quite a bit larger than a 42. There’s zero reason to be scared of carrying a striker fired pistol in your pocket provided it’s in a proper holster that covers the trigger guard. Just like any other method of carry. You may look at the Kahr CM9/PM9 also.

My G42 fits fine in all of my pockets, and I wear regular old Levis. Heck, my P365 XL fits just fine in the front pocket as well. If a pants pocket won't hold something as small as a G42, I'm not sure what the pocket is good for in general. My wallet is thicker than a G42 or a P365.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I can’t imagine the size of some of your guys’ pockets. A 42 is not an”pocket sized” pistol IMO. A 43 definitely isn’t as it’s quite a bit larger than a 42.

I can easliy get my G42 in the pocket of my cargo shorts but the G42 is still quite a bit larger than the LCP II I have. The G42 size is more like my SIG P365 which is a 9mm. The LCP II goes with me all the time , I don't carry the 42 at all mostly because it is the only one of my three 380s that has malfunctioned. The LCP II for such a small light gun with tiny sights shoots pretty well for me.

There’s zero reason to be scared of carrying a striker fired pistol in your pocket provided it’s in a proper holster that covers the trigger guard. Just like any other method of carry.

Like you say with the trigger guard covered should be as safe as those that carry a pistol shoved into their waistband. Much more comfortable for me to carry in my pocket rather than having a gym stuffed in my waistband.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    All of my pants have larger pockets by design. A Glock 42 will fit in my pockets. However there is not enough room to establish a proper grip or cleanly, quickly draw the gun. I might as well wear a printed sign over my junk with an arrow that says gun in pocket. That little Glock is a light weight IWB option for around the house or when I just don’t want to mess with a gun. I can’t imagine trying to pocket carrying a G43, Shield or P365

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    It's a little heavy for pocket carry, but I love my Bersa Thunder with the rubber finger groove grips. Accurate, reliable and easy to shoot well.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I am unable to carry any firearm in a pants pocket. My wallet is about 3"x4"x1/2" thick. That is the largest item I'm putting in a pants pocket. I could see a snub nose in a cargo pants pocket, but I don't wear those. Jacket pocket would work but I'm concerned about it falling out more so than if I have it secured on a belt.

I agree that a Shield is too large for stuffing in a typical pants pocket. Add some type of pocket holster and it's worse. YMMV as this is coming from a guy who carries OWB.

Pin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My G42 fits fine in all of my pockets, and I wear regular old Levis. Heck, my P365 XL fits just fine in the front pocket as well. If a pants pocket won't hold something as small as a G42, I'm not sure what the pocket is good for in general. My wallet is thicker than a G42 or a P365.

P365

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Sig Sauer P365 and Beretta APX Carry are my pocket pistols of choice. Shoot the P365 the best and prefer the higher capacity but the ASPX DA trigger feels safest for pocket carry and it shoots well, too. Have CCW Breakaway pants and shorts and their Skin Tight pocket holster he designed after rejecting everything already in the marketplace.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Many Casual Gun Owners have hurt themselves with a pocket pistol. Don’t have any stats but I wonder how many saves the pocket pistol packers have?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Many Casual Gun Owners have hurt themselves with a pocket pistol. DonÂ’t have any stats but I wonder how many saves the pocket pistol packers have?

Are we talking actual defensive encounters, or more along the lines of cowboy guns and zombies?

Top Bottom