• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    since we posted at the same time. My brother has both 42&43, he carries the 42 all the time, I have the 43.
    Summer carry IWB with a tee shirt and you'll never see either of them

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I've tried to like the LCP but just not a fan. Hard to shoot that little gun.

Quite a bit bigger, but a great shooter, the XDS or the Hellcat.

Last edited:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I have the Taurus TCP 380 and it'll only fire 1 out of a dozen rounds fired and from what I've read it's common......
    I still have a TCP and it fires just fine. I seem to recall the early ones had a different angle to the feed ramp and had more feeding problems. Polish that ramp and get some rounds down range if you haven't done that already.
    As for the OP, try as many out as you can first. With the changes in smaller 9mm single stacks you will spend less in ammo costs if you go that route and won't give up much in size/weight.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I pocket carry the Ruger EC9s - very nice in my opinion. I added Hogue grips from Amazon for $10 and a little nail polish on the front sight makes for great accuracy.
    Bought my wife a Springfield 911 recently for her purse carry (got it at palmetto State Armory for $299.99) and she loves it. She likes the 7 rd mag with the pinkie extension (ebay has 7 rd mag for $27)
    Both guns are very lightweight.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned before this.
    It's heavy, but I like STEEL guns, not plasticrap.

O.P. if you don't care for the LCP try looking at a Bersa Thunder in either .380acp or 9mm.
    VERY nice little guns for the price and very durable.
    The Argentina police like them...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Does anyone have experience with the Glock 42?

Yep. Best .380 on the market, if you ask me. And I'm not a Glock guy. Small and light enough to pocket carry with a good pocket holster, yet big enough to get a good grip on and shoot well.

Bonus points for the ability to upgrade to excellent night sights.

Here's mine. My only .380 pistol. Titanium Blue Cerakoted slide, Trijicon HD night sights.

G42.jpg

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Yep. Best .380 on the market, if you ask me. And I'm not a Glock guy. Small and light enough to pocket carry with a good pocket holster, yet big enough to get a good grip on and shoot well.

Here's mine. My only .380 pistol. Titanium Blue Cerakoted slide, Trijicon HD night sights.

G42.jpg

the 43 is only very slightly larger and a 9mm

goldsmithr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    If you can find one, AMT .380 Backup. Single action, thumb and grip safety, very accurate. Be absolutely certain to use a pocket holster sized for the gun, and practice the draw (empty). Have a good smith check it out; mine has been reliable for years.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    the 43 is only very slightly larger and a 9mm

I have a G42, but don't have a G43. I bought a 43 when they first came out. Found the recoil a bit harsh on the 43. With the release of the Sig P365, I really kinda consider the G43 obsolete. The G43 and P365 are comparable in size, but there is no comparison in capacity or shootability for me. I still have my G42, because I run my P365s with the 12 round XL grip frame and the G42's short grip comes in handy in certain situations where concealment/no printing is highly advisable. The G42 is the smallest pistol I carry, and despite it being almost the size of a 43 or P365, it feels quite a bit smaller (despite the numbers on paper) and is definitely a featherweight compared to most pocket 9mm choices.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the suggestions so far! It's given me a few additional pistols to look at.

What is the current thought on the Kahr? I know they were really popular for a while.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Kahr? Meh. I've owned a couple and had feeding problems with them. A CW9 and a PM9. I've never owned any of the .380 models. They might be better now, I don't know. It's been a long time since I've owned one. No reason to go back to them with excellent offerings like the Glock. I'd even take a Ruger LC9s over any Kahr. Better trigger and a good reliability record, along with excellent customer service from Ruger.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

G42.jpg

45, that is the best looking G42 I have seen! Very nice.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I just wouldn't be able to wrap my brain around carrying a striker fired pistol in my pocket, even with a pocket holster...

Top Bottom