• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Personally, I hate stories like this. In this kid's 15 short years on Earth, his family, his friends, and his society failed him miserably.

The delivery man now gets to live the rest of his life knowing he killed a 15 year old kid. Unless he is a narcissistic sociopath, he will forever wonder, what if I'd have just given him the money? We can all say that he made the right decision, but we don't have to live with it.

But by all means, go back to doing your happy dance and warming your insides:rolleyes:

:crying:

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Personally, I hate stories like this. In this kid's 15 short years on Earth, his family, his friends, and his society failed him miserably.

The delivery man now gets to live the rest of his life knowing he killed a 15 year old kid. Unless he is a narcissistic sociopath, he will forever wonder, what if I'd have just given him the money? We can all say that he made the right decision, but we don't have to live with it.

But by all means, go back to doing your happy dance and warming your insides:rolleyes:

:dunno:......
    And on the same token......who's to say the punk-a** thug would'na taken the money......then shot /knifed the driver anyway?......I could live real easy know'n I had ta do, what I had ta do.......simple choice,really.... :twocents:

:cool:

redlegrod

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    North Central Indiana

Why don't you curl up on the sofa with your blankie holding your teddy bear and continue to fart rainbows!

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN

It is sad, that this kids parents and family have failed him so. It is terrible that his decisions have led to him getting shot, and possibly killed.
    But I will be damned if I let the loss of someone elses life, due to their poor judgement and lack of morals, affect my life and well being in any way.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Why don't you curl up on the sofa with your blankie holding your teddy bear and continue to fart rainbows!

First, my farts have NEVER been mistaken for rainbows.:D

Second, thanks, but I can put down my blankie and teddy now. I feel so safe around a hard assed internet commando who wouldn't give killing another human being, let alone a kid, a second thought.:rolleyes:

Talk to some people who have done it. No matter how right you are, it ain't nothin to be happy about.

Did the kid get what he deserved? Yep. Am I gonna loose any sleep over it? Nope. I guess I'm just a softy, but I have taken joy in the deaths of very few people in my 40 years.

I have been around firearms my whole life. I am fully prepared to use one should the need arise. But I get a kick outta people who think that the impact of a deadly force encounter is something that they will just blow off like squashing a bug. Read some of Lt. Col. Dave Grossman's books, it'd do you some good.

danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    Hate to see stories like this, not because the pizza man responded, but rather seeing people(young thugs) reduce the value of a human life so far that it is worth threatening another person at gunpoint for a box of pizza. If the young fellow valued human life as they should-- they'd never threaten another in this manner with a lethal force threat. This lack of respect for human life sealed the young person's destiny for the foreseeable future. No doubt he'll get locked up if he gets out of critical care. As for the lads intentions-- the only thing we know for sure as that he decided to "threaten another's" life with lethal force.... I would guess that he didn't think ahead sufficiently about a potential response. I don't doubt that if the youth was successful that he'd continue this on others as well.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    First, my farts have NEVER been mistaken for rainbows.:D

Second, thanks, but I can put down my blankie and teddy now. I feel so safe around a hard assed internet commando who wouldn't give killing another human being, let alone a kid, a second thought.:rolleyes:

Talk to some people who have done it. No matter how right you are, it ain't nothin to be happy about.

Did the kid get what he deserved? Yep. Am I gonna loose any sleep over it? Nope. I guess I'm just a softy, but I have taken joy in the deaths of very few people in my 40 years.

I have been around firearms my whole life. I am fully prepared to use one should the need arise. But I get a kick outta people who think that the impact of a deadly force encounter is something that they will just blow off like squashing a bug. Read some of Lt. Col. Dave Grossman's books, it'd do you some good.

You know, I get what you're saying (overall) in your previous post. I really do. There is much sadness that someone's 15 year old son is now (possibly) dead. I would be sad if anything happened to my children.

I can also tell you this. If I were delivering pizza as a means to feed my children, and during the course of my job, some douche nozzle pointed a gun at me, I would defend my life with my firearm above all else. The bad guy's intentions were clear when he presented a gun. I don't believe the bad guy would wait for you to ask him his age or anything else. At 15, this kid knew 100% what his own intentions were. The thing he didn't count on was the consequences of his actions, should a vitcim be armed and ready to defend their life. This is the 'reaping what was sown'

Would you feel diferently if the bad guy was 35 instead of 15 ?

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County

So when someone points a gun at you you don't plan to shoot back? You don't believe in self defense? Why would you try to place some kind of blame or guilt on the defender?

Armed robbery is a dangerous profession to take up at any age and I am fed up with "excuse makers" defending armed robbers in this way. The kid rolled the dice and took his chances. As far as I'm concerned he got what he deserved.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    The comments on the WTHR article are making my head hurt. I can't believe anyone can question the use of deadly force when someone points a gun at you to steal a pizza! When someone threatens another life over a $15 pizza how can you think they won't go through with it and shoot you regardless of your actions? Why do people feel the need to empower the criminals? Why do people blame the 2A and law abiding citizens when something like this happens? The pizza man was not the aggressor, he was just prepared, the gun was pulled on him...like I said, it makes my head hurt :dunno:

Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    I'm sorry but you can't feel sorry for a freshly shot armed robber. If this would happen more often, the word might get out that crime doesn't pay.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Hate to see stories like this, not because the pizza man responded, but rather seeing people(young thugs) reduce the value of a human life so far that it is worth threatening another person at gunpoint for a box of pizza. If the young fellow valued human life as they should-- they'd never threaten another in this manner with a lethal force threat. This lack of respect for human life sealed the young person's destiny for the foreseeable future. No doubt he'll get locked up if he gets out of critical care. As for the lads intentions-- the only thing we know for sure as that he decided to "threaten another's" life with lethal force.... I would guess that he didn't think ahead sufficiently about a potential response. I don't doubt that if the youth was successful that he'd continue this on others as well.

He won't get locked up if he lives.....he's 15, at the most punishment will be a short time out in a home detention program.

That's what makes the young thugs so dangerous, they know that they can kill and get away with it.

plus 1000 to the pizza guy....I would buy him a beer!

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009

WHAT!!! He's alive this morning because he focused on the front site,If he has a family he gets to eat breakfast with them. Post like this P*** me off. WEAK!!! We have no idea what was next on this thugs bucket list of things to do on a cold wintery night. Eat pizza, shoot the next guy we see. Wake up!! Piers is this you?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My problem is in no way with the delivery driver. He did what he had to do to defend his life. My problem is with the attitude or frame of mind that takes happiness from this kid getting critically injured or killed. It reflects the same lack of value for human life that the kid demonstrated when he pointed a gun at the delivery driver for $20.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    My problem is in no way with the delivery driver. He did what he had to do to defend his life. My problem is with the attitude or frame of mind that takes happiness from this kid getting critically injured or killed. It reflects the same lack of value for human life that the kid demonstrated when he pointed a gun at the delivery driver for $20.

If your 15 and stick'in a gun in a persons face that is working a low paying job trying to be a contributing member of society ,all to rob someone of a pizza and a couple bucks your not Human. Your a waste of oxygen.

Plus 1000 to the pizza guy!

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)

I get what you are saying. I don't think any of us on this board WANT to be in the same situation the driver faced. My kid brother spent time in the sand box and has to live with decisions he made half a world away and this is NOT an easy choice. Life is not valued the way it should be and this kid's choice is just one more poor example of that.

I think that when the kid chose to point a firearm at a stranger and demand money/pizza/car or whatever the decision was made for the driver and his only choice was to either react with self defense or submit to whatever happens next. I don't think in the few seconds these things go down that you can "make a decision". You only react then try to process and deal with it later. He defended himself. He is alive today. He did not ask to be on the receiving end of a strangers firearm but that is what was placed before him. Unfortunate, but he did not seek it out...trouble came to him.

Last edited:

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    i found joy in the fact this (prolly 3rd generation) thug is outta service for awhile. Sorry Piers.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    I say good riddance. This was only the beginning of a thug life. Cutting those short is never a bad thing. Probably saved hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayer money for his adult life prison stay to boot, if he would have made it that far.

Now if we could only find a way to continue thinning the herd...

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Ghuns I really get what your saying - the general aspect of life as a whole has seriously deminished since I was a kid - Yes that really sucks but that's what good people have to deal with these days - I'm pretty certain that there isn't any celebratory feelings because there was a life lost - you're not realizing that normal everyday life means dealing with the chance of having this happening to you on a regular basis - the inspired feeling Ingo members get from this is from a man controlled himself enough to react to a situation endangering his life and put a end to it - Yes it sucks that parenting became 2nd or 10th on the list of the kids' parents that was shot - Yes a loss of a young life is very disturbing - but a human did what they had to do and he gets to continue to see his kids grow - now that's inspiring and Yes I'm going to celebrate that point - just put yourself in his shoes - would it have been your name in the obits or his - bet you would like to able read yours - I know I would - +14741 for the pizza guy :rockwoot: -7,956,103 for the parents of the 15yr old - :xmad: bet they thought they were good parents -

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis

15 years old is old enough to understand the difference between right and wrong and that actions have consequences. I have zero sympathy for him or his family. Society didn't fail him, his parents did. Criminals aren't born, they're raised thinking it's always someone else's problem. What kind of person are you to state that society failed them? Placing the blame on everyone but him.... talk about failure of society.

Top Bottom