• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm pretty certain that there isn't any celebratory feelings because there was a life lost

Oh really?

Love stories like this, makes me happy inside when pieces of sh%t get shot for trying to be "thugs"

i found joy in the fact this (prolly 3rd generation) thug is outta service for awhile. Sorry Piers.

I say good riddance. This was only the beginning of a thug life. Cutting those short is never a bad thing. Probably saved hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayer money for his adult life prison stay to boot, if he would have made it that far.

Now if we could only find a way to continue thinning the herd...

Ya sure bout that?

Hey, my mistake guys. Though there was enough intellectual and philosophical depth around here to appreciate the fact that the devaluation of human life that we hear being complained about actually means ALL human life. There is no "Thug" exception. It is a tragedy for anyone's child to end up this way.

I am supremely happy that the delivery guy got to eat breakfast with his family this morning. He did exactly what had to be done.

I am not happy that a 15 year will likely die. If that makes me a wuss, a Piers Morgan lover, etc. well, OK. The more important question to ask is, if it DOES make you happy, what does that make you?

tpntch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    Love stories like this, makes me happy inside when pieces of sh%t get shot for trying to be "thugs"

At 15, I'm not sure I would call him a thug. Misguided & stupid, SURE. I am sure we all have done something stupid as a kid. Most of us just dont get caught in our stupidity. We are allowed the time to mature & change that this young man may not be able to afford now.

I would be happy if the real thugs got shot. The ones who allow systemic failure of everything that makes America great, all in the name of profits.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    15 years old is old enough to understand the difference between right and wrong and that actions have consequences. I have zero sympathy for him or his family. Society didn't fail him, his parents did. Criminals aren't born, they're raised thinking it's always someone else's problem. What kind of person are you to state that society failed them? Placing the blame on everyone but him.... talk about failure of society.

Just to be clear, allow me to quote myself...
    Did the kid get what he deserved? Yep. Am I gonna loose any sleep over it? Nope.

If you cannot see the broader societal failing beyond his immediate family, you really should get out more. I could go on for hours about how the War on Drugs, the public education system, the for profit prison system, etc, all play a part in incidents such as this one, but that's seems a little too big picture for this Saturday morning crowd, so I'll just quit.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I hate stories like this. In this kid's 15 short years on Earth, his family, his friends, and his society failed him miserably.

The delivery man now gets to live the rest of his life knowing he killed a 15 year old kid. Unless he is a narcissistic sociopath, he will forever wonder, what if I'd have just given him the money? We can all say that he made the right decision, but we don't have to live with it.

But by all means, go back to doing your happy dance and warming your insides:rolleyes:
    If you cannot see the broader societal failing beyond his immediate family, you really should get out more. I could go on for hours about how the War on Drugs, the public education system, the for profit prison system, etc, all play a part in incidents such as this one, but that's seems a little too big picture for this Saturday morning crowd, so I'll just quit.

Dude, I don't mean to be a prick, but you need to climb down off the horse man. You have no idea what the driver will be thinking for the rest of his life.
    I grew up with pieces of )#*% like that, as the other gentleman put it. I once watched three of them beat another thug so badly he was hospitalized, right in the middle of school too,...all over some trivial crap that no one can remember. In another instance, one of them shot another kid I knew in his car over some stupid neighborhood crap, right in front of his girlfriend.

So don't give me this whole "Oh what a poor 15 year old" "society's failings" BS. You cry as if they don't know better or don't have a choice. They know exactly what they're doing, and they don't care. Having a relatively crappy life (by America's standards) doesn't excuse you from individual choices and actions. For every gang banger there are 5 kids in the exact same situation who don't get involved in that crap. (Poverty doesn't cause crime and/or dependence. Crime and dependence causes poverty. Most dependent/uneducated people don't commit crimes.) I'm sorry but when you act like an animal, i.e. assault a human being, you get treated like an animal, which is why it's legally OK to kill them when they try to kill you, and why we put them in cages if the cops catch them after the fact.

I know from experience that hurting them doesn't bother me at all so long as it's justified morally. (aka in defense) Everyone reacts to violence differently though. Some people, like my cousin for example, go to war and come back the same guy they awalys were. He doesn't give the teenage bastard he pumped full of lead a 2nd thought. Others can't handle it and feel guilty, usually because they don't handle their emotions in a healthy manner.
    Can it be hard? Yes. Does it have to follow you around? Nope. Something is either just or unjust. When you try to rob a man at gunpoint, you deserve it when he kills you. That's justice.
    Like I said. I grew up with some of those thugs. I'm never sorry whenever one of those murdering sociopaths gets put down. Instead a sense of justice floods me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with appreciating justice.

Last edited:

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just to be clear, allow me to quote myself...

The failure of society is the summation of the failure of individuals. Nothing more, nothing less. The "systems" that play a part are derivative of votes cast by these individuals. Don't tell me they're a product of the system. They're a product of their home.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Oh really?

Ya sure bout that?

Hey, my mistake guys. Though there was enough intellectual and philosophical depth around here to appreciate the fact that the devaluation of human life that we hear being complained about actually means ALL human life. There is no "Thug" exception. It is a tragedy for anyone's child to end up this way.

I am supremely happy that the delivery guy got to eat breakfast with his family this morning. He did exactly what had to be done.

I am not happy that a 15 year will likely die. If that makes me a wuss, a Piers Morgan lover, etc. well, OK. The more important question to ask is, if it DOES make you happy, what does that make you?

i will say that since this happened in indianapolis, the chances the delivery driver is a ingo member are good. i understand where you are coming from. it would haunt just about any of us the rest of our lives, because we are good people.
    That person is second guessing himself right now, and will continue to do so for many years. Because he is a good person.
    However, i do not want this person coming onto this site thinking we do not support him. he will be bashed in the media by the lyberals, not by us.
    I want him to read our comments and truly believe he made the right decision. Because he did.
    If he feels guilt, it is because he is still alive to feel it, and that to should be celebrated.
    I am proud of my fellow employee and hoosier. He did the right thing.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    The guy that invented (or perfected) bullet proof* vest, got his start the same way.

Went to deliver a pizza, got held up and blasted the guy.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Too bad it wasn't a headshot. This young man will recover and do the same thing again. That side of the city should not be visited without 3 guns and a bazooka. It's a trashy place. I ran a business over there for a while and all the thieving thugs almost put us out of business.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    At 15, I'm not sure I would call him a thug. Misguided & stupid, SURE. I am sure we all have done something stupid as a kid. Most of us just dont get caught in our stupidity. We are allowed the time to mature & change that this young man may not be able to afford now.

I would be happy if the real thugs got shot. The ones who allow systemic failure of everything that makes America great, all in the name of profits.

Don't be so sure of that. I have seen 15 year old gang members that are more of a thug than any adult I have ever met. Not saying he wasn't misguided because I'm sure that's a huge part of the problem but he is still a thug.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Ya sure bout that?

Absolutely.

Though there was enough intellectual and philosophical depth around here to appreciate the fact that the devaluation of human life that we hear being complained about actually means ALL human life.

Define human. In my eyes these lowlife punks are the farthest thing from it.

There is no "Thug" exception.

I beg to differ, as I'm sure the delivery guy would.

It is a tragedy for anyone's child to end up this way.

Not anyones, and certainly not this one.

The more important question to ask is, if it DOES make you happy, what does that make you?

Realistic.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Don't be so sure of that. I have seen 15 year old gang members that are more of a thug than any adult I have ever met. Not saying he wasn't misguided because I'm sure that's a huge part of the problem but he is still a thug.

I wouldn't even say they're misguided.
    When I was 14 three thugs, ranging from the ages of 13/14-16, robbed a place, ran from the cops, and came running into my school. They were so young that they were able to blend into the crowd of my middle school... after dropping their sawed off shotguns and pistols of course.

People who see these ghetto types as "kids" are severely mistaken and completely misunderstand ghetto culture. In ghetto world, you lose your kid status around 11/12 years of age. 13 max. You might roll your eyes at this, but I have seen 11 year old girls pregnant, and no it wasn't rape. The "father" was around their age. By the age of 15 the "kid" is so steeped in "the game" that he has been transformed into a complete low life, has likely already committed numerous other crimes, and has zero respect for your life. He is more akin to the medieval savages who by the age of 15 have lost all innocence, than the common, house cat teenagers you are used you in plainfield, westfield, or carmel.
    His life revolves around physical power and daring. The crazier, more violent he is, the more girls he sleeps with, the more of "the man" he is. He is desensitized to crime/violence and completely engrossed in his own grandiose image of himself, and he'll beat you half to death for an imagined slight just to prove his "manhood".....or really just for entertainment if he's particularly bad.

I remember being assaulted in a high school restroom for no other reason than because the thug had decided I had slighted him by looking at him wrong or something....wait no it was because I got a drop of water on him when I turned on the faucet. Luckily he didn't know I was already comfortable with violence by then and was completely unprepared for the throat punch followed on by slamming his head into the concrete wall....hard. I narrowly escaped being hospitalized like the kid I mentioned earlier because of that manuever. I could have easily killed him, yet I didn't care because I knew it was neccessary.
    Let that sink in for a second.
    That is what it took for me to defend myself at the age of 16 against a thug who was 14, maybe 15? Does that sound like a typical school yard boxing match to you? If I was the good kid, and being just violent enough to escape and going easy on him.....what do you think he would have done to me?
    By the time they reach what you would define as "manhood", assuming they're not dead or in jail already, they are the type of men who would gladly rape your pretty, white wife and daughter in front of you before finding some gruesome way to kill you.

Have no sympathy for these "kids", for they will hospitalize you/ kill you for fun and laugh about it later.
    Some teenager who steals some vodka from Mom and Dad, gets drunk, then crashes his car and dies, while definitely illegal and deserving of his fate, is sad.
    Shooting some 15 year old ghetto "gangsta" is doing society a favor.

And my new carmel friends wonder why I carry a gun into the bathroom.....

EDIT: If you want some kind of insight into the criminal mind w/o having to be around them, try reading Inside The Criminal Mind. I only got halfway through it before losing it in Nevada, but what I read was spot on. Or just go to 10th street downtown and watch the 12 year olds out slinging crack.
    Also it's been pointed out to me that my senario involving the 15 year suburban intruder could be misunderstood as me believing that somehow a suburban intruder is somehow less deserving of being shot than an urban one. That was not my intention. I was merely trying to point out that a hardened "gansta" is something entirely more threatening and less deserving of sadness than some dumb kid who might have still veered away from the path of a life in crime. The intruder senario was a poor choice as breaking into homes is a line that most normal people don't really cross. Thus the change.

Last edited:

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    I know this is not the main topic of discussion at all, but the value of the pizza has come up many times saying it was a $20 robbery. I don't know about in other pizza places but in the one I work for it is not uncommon for a driver to have over $100 in cash on them from previous orders and to make change, while it is not the drivers money, it is very possible these individuals have robbed delivery drivers before and had certain expectations of how much money they would get. It is possible if the driver did not have 'enough' money it would be taken out on him.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    i will say that since this happened in indianapolis, the chances the delivery driver is a ingo member are good. i understand where you are coming from. it would haunt just about any of us the rest of our lives, because we are good people.
    That person is second guessing himself right now, and will continue to do so for many years. Because he is a good person.
    However, i do not want this person coming onto this site thinking we do not support him. he will be bashed in the media by the lyberals, not by us.
    I want him to read our comments and truly believe he made the right decision. Because he did.
    If he feels guilt, it is because he is still alive to feel it, and that to should be celebrated.
    I am proud of my fellow employee and hoosier. He did the right thing.
    IF the Pizza delivery guy is a member of INGO I want to tell you "Sorry for what you're going through"
    I'm glad you're alright and made it home safe.
    Thoughts and prayers are with you.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Personally, I hate stories like this. In this kid's 15 short years on Earth, his family, his friends, and his society failed him miserably.

The delivery man now gets to live the rest of his life knowing he killed a 15 year old kid. Unless he is a narcissistic sociopath, he will forever wonder, what if I'd have just given him the money? We can all say that he made the right decision, but we don't have to live with it.

But by all means, go back to doing your happy dance and warming your insides:rolleyes:
    Sorry I don't share your pity, at 15 years old I worked a steady job when not in school. We were pretty poor (father died when I was 10), but certainly knew right from wrong.
    This "child" was 1 year away from getting a drivers license, 3 years away from being able to enter military service (my father entered at 15 or 16 in the 1800's). I firmly believe he knew exactly what he was doing. I also believe that if he had not been shot, he would have continued to go down that path until he had killed some innocent person. Would you have threatened someones life when you were 15? You certainly should have some memories of your teen years, I do and I am 71.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Sorry I don't share your pity, at 15 years old I worked a steady job when not in school. We were pretty poor (father died when I was 10), but certainly knew right from wrong.
    This "child" was 1 year away from getting a drivers license, 3 years away from being able to enter military service (my father entered at 15 or 16 in the 1800's). I firmly believe he knew exactly what he was doing. I also believe that if he had not been shot, he would have continued to go down that path until he had killed some innocent person. Would you have threatened someones life when you were 15? You certainly should have some memories of your teen years, I do and I am 71.
    You are 200 years old

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Shooting some 15 year old from the burbs who breaks into your house with a crowbar one night is sad.
    Shooting some 15 year old ghetto "gangsta" is doing society a favor.

Why is it any different? To me, someone breaking into a home who isn't a "gangsta" can be just as dangerous as someone who is. Maybe a kid from a gang is more likely to use violence, but that doesn't mean the opiate addicted kid from Fishers won't resort to violence to get their fix. I get the whole slight thing, and the substance addicted teen from the burbs may never purposely engage someone in a confrontation, but if a person breaks into another person's home, I don't see why their self-defense death would or should be viewed as any different. This type of attitude is exactly what causes a lot of folks on the fence to start questioning if we should have guns. Many, due to their personal beliefs and biases, have no problem with some inner city poor kid getting shot and killed, but when it ends up being one of their kid's friends, who they will claim was a "good kid", then their attitude starts to change. I've seen this with the case down in Alabama and the one up in Wisconsin, and there are others. Poor, "gangsta" kid get killed in self-defense, no one really says much. "Good kid" from the burbs get killed in self-defense, all of a sudden it is a tragedy and there are calls for something to be done.

Top Bottom