• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    As fast as the trooper car (seen at the end of the video) got there I would say he was right behind the unmarked car. Also, you can see a badge when the LEO pulls his gun. My question is that IF this was a chase is it SOP for a LEO to pull his weapon when the supect stops?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    very true i think in this situation the man on the bike could have assessed the situation saw the man as unidentified and a threat to his life and justifiably could have acted accordingly in defending himslef. Lucky for the LEO he wasnt armed or a ninja:shoot:.

If I was on the bike as soon as the car cut into my lane I would have been gone if possible or my hand would have been on my gun, as soon as the door opened gun would have cleared leather and as soon as I saw a gun I would fire, so yes think the MC rider could have shot him.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    As fast as the trooper car (seen at the end of the video) got there I would say he was right behind the unmarked car. Also, you can see a badge when the LEO pulls his gun. My question is that IF this was a chase is it SOP for a LEO to pull his weapon when the supect stops?

well if the cop had a badge on then its a NO SHOOT situation, but still stupid of him to do what he did especialy with a marked unit so close behind..

also just because a cop car was right next to them, it doesnt mean a crime couldnt take place. in chicago they shoot uniformed cops for sport i think.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    well if the cop had a badge on then its a NO SHOOT situation, but still stupid of him to do what he did especialy with a marked unit so close behind..

also just because a cop car was right next to them, it doesnt mean a crime couldnt take place. in chicago they shoot uniformed cops for sport i think.

yes

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

I watched the video 3 times and don't see the badge till he holsters.

Cop should have gotten out with his id in his hand and identified himself.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I just rewatched the video 3 times and couldn't see his badge.

I believe it would have been real easy to miss that little detail in real-time.

This isn't "Where's Waldo?" The cop needs to hold the badge up and make it crystal clear he is not robbing/carjacking the guy.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Interesting. Hard to say just from that video what the rider knew and what he didn't. But I do know looking behind you as you stop is a common thing. I used to do it all the time when I rode, in case there was someone riding my a** which happens ALL the time. It can make stopping seriously scary.

I saw a lucky cop, who appeared to pull a gun on somebody who was just speeding, but I also saw what looked to be another police vehicle right behind, that seemed to get there pretty fast, like they were both chasing the guy. When he looked back, though, I didn't see police lights operating, so he wouldn't necessarily have reason to believe the police were back there. I don't think he was intentionally RUNNING from them, or he would have just passed that line of cars on the left and been long gone before those cops could have possibly caught him due to lack of room on the shoulder and cars in the way. But again, hard to tell from that video.

All that aside, anybody who rides a bike like that is going to die eventually. I've had two friends die like that over the years.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Regardless what everyone says. The cop and the biker are both morons. They both made mistakes. Biker should have been obeying the law. The cop should have had a light on, and/or came out of the car flashing his badge.

FAIL for both of them.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I tink tat sumbudy git butthurt agin, (sniff). :tantrum:

yep, look at the quotes in your signature and then you will see whos hurt and vindictive. trust me, i get more enjoyment giving you negative rep and then seeing you give it back to me because you got it, than drinking a beer while watching a strip tease. its pure reward because i know your thinking about me ;)

and the first quote of mine is taken out of context. the second one is spot on!!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

As an added remark on the power of the Police State, the guy was jailed for video-taping a cop, since he lives in the formerly-free state of Maryland, which already abolished the 1st Amendment.
    And if you want to see some people debating this video, go here.

I'm not sure about Maryland, but it might well be a felony. That's just freaking ridiculous. That needs to change. Imagine never being able to own a gun because you admitted that you videotaped a beating.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Is it just my computer or is there no audio before the po-po gets out of his car? I would imagine...and it's just speculation...that the unmarked vehicle was using a siren and that's why the bike rider looked back. Again...just my assumption.

But...who knows.

That's a good point, I didn't see lights when he looked back but he could have edited the sirens out.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    yep, look at the quotes in your signature and then you will see whos hurt and vindictive. trust me, i get more enjoyment giving you negative rep and then seeing you give it back to me because you got it, than drinking a beer while watching a strip tease. its pure reward because i know your thinking about me ;)

and the first quote of mine is taken out of context. the second one is spot on!!

Here ya go! Looks like you need it.

butthurt-report-form.jpg

Top Bottom