• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the audio was left out on purpose until the State LEO cuts him off. I'm willing to bet there were sirens blaring behind the biker the whole time which is why he looked back. I don't think he looked back because he was stopping, as others have said, because there didn't seem to be any visable reason for him to stop right at the time he looked back.

This seems like nothing more to me than an idiot trying to set up the police department for public ridicule. Committing an illegal act for the purpose of making an LEO look bad is hardly an example of good citizenship.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Well that was interesting, too bad we couldnt see the video cam from the squad car. Id say the cop was lucky he didnt get shot. The officer that was off duty was IMO a idiot as well for driving just as wreckless at the guy on the bike. He was off duty and out of uniform. His best bet would of been to call it in let the marked car pull him over then give a statement as to what he seen.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Hey guys, knock it off or take a break from INGO. Thanks!

yep, look at the quotes in your signature and then you will see whos hurt and vindictive. trust me, i get more enjoyment giving you negative rep and then seeing you give it back to me because you got it, than drinking a beer while watching a strip tease. its pure reward because i know your thinking about me ;)

and the first quote of mine is taken out of context. the second one is spot on!!

Here ya go! Looks like you need it.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Well...that should put a damper on the festivities. :):

Thanks for raining on the parade. :D

22%20-%20fun-police%20police.jpg

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I hate to say it, but once the man got out of the car with gun drawn, I would have immediately shot him. I didn't see a badge initially, and if someone in plainclothes gets out of their vehicle and approaches me WITH A HANDGUN DRAWN, I will fire. There was NO NEED for the handgun to be drawn here. NONE.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Let's keep this on topic and stop bashing each other. I just deleted a post that wasn't helping bring this thread back on track.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I hate to say it, but once the man got out of the car with gun drawn, I would have immediately shot him. I didn't see a badge initially, and if someone in plainclothes gets out of their vehicle and approaches me WITH A HANDGUN DRAWN, I will fire. There was NO NEED for the handgun to be drawn here. NONE.
    Even if his siren was activated? (Again...we don't know because there is no audio until the end of the video.)

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Even if his siren was activated? (Again...we don't know because there is no audio until the end of the video.)

No. I am saying had I been in that situation and there was NO siren I would have immediately fired on the cop. I saw no indication that he was a police officer until he said State Police. Note also that his vehicle is an uncommon vehicle for unmarked. Say this happened in Indiana and an unmarked Impala pulls up next to you, no siren, and a man jumps out with a gun and orders you off your bike. At that point, I've already cleared leather. Sorry but the cop did not handle it correctly.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've seen this before. This is a heavily edited video. I watched the original which is much longer. I cannot for the life of me remember what forum this was posted on before. I thought it was this one but I guess not. In the original video, this guy shows that he was running from the officer once he noticed that he was going to get stopped. He was driving all kinds of stupid on the interstate and caught the eye of an officer who then tried to stop him. The officer pulled the gun out for fear of him running, like he had been.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Do you mean other than the bike going 127 mph, and the perception that the operator was running from the police?

So the next time you are pulled over for speeding, PLEASE for the love of all things holy, do NOT complain if the officer jumps out of his vehicle with gun drawn.

As has been pointed out to me in a previous thread where I DEFENDED the LEO for shooting a motorcyclist, if one is travelling at that rate of speed it can take some time for the bike to come to a halt. I didn't see any indication in this video that the biker was "running from the police". :twocents:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

For a traffic stop?? Yes, I would say that there was no need for the officer to draw his weapon upon exiting his car to make a traffic stop, EVEN IF HE HAD HIS SIREN ON!

Should police automatically draw their weapon upon first contact during a traffic stop? Also, keep in mind that he's plainclothes, in an unmarked car. It's not unheard of for other people to have sirens.

Also, the citizen was on a bike. His hands were in plain sight. It's not like he could have been reaching into a glove compartment while the cop was approaching.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Do you mean other than the bike going 127 mph, and the perception that the operator was running from the police?

I've been arrested for driving that fast and allegedy running from the cops and no weapon was drawn. No need to draw his weapon at this stop.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I've seen this before. This is a heavily edited video. I watched the original which is much longer. I cannot for the life of me remember what forum this was posted on before. I thought it was this one but I guess not. In the original video, this guy shows that he was running from the officer once he noticed that he was going to get stopped. He was driving all kinds of stupid on the interstate and caught the eye of an officer who then tried to stop him. The officer pulled the gun out for fear of him running, like he had been.

IF that is the case, it would change my stance. However, going off of the video clip that I watched, I stand by my prior posts.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    You mean?? You mean?? There's more to the video than meets the eye???

I'm always amazed how worked up people get over edited and incomplete videos.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Alright, how many of us here, on INGO, can HONESTLY say that, when we were younger, we never greatly exceeded the speed limit?

I CANNOT say that, like Axel Foley I occasionally fractured a law when I was younger.

Top Bottom