• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I've been there a couple times, and the last time that I went with Jerry was the first time I've actually had the chance to look around. I like the store, and I will definitely be back. They have decent pricing, and they don't treat you like an idiot.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've seen Bob go out of his way to be polite to people who probably should have been treated like they were idiots, because they were. Last week some wannabe gangster white kids came in and wanted to see "a Taurus four-five." After Bob patiently explained that Taurus makes several different .45 pistols, one of them then asked for a "Desert Eagle with the three round burst." He claimed his buddy had one.

I'm not joking. I couldn't make this stuff up.

Bob humored them and handled the situation like the pro that he is.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I've seen Bob go out of his way to be polite to people who probably should have been treated like they were idiots, because they were. Last week some wannabe gangster white kids came in and wanted to see "a Taurus four-five." After Bob patiently explained that Taurus makes several different .45 pistols, one of them then asked for a "Desert Eagle with the three round burst." He claimed his buddy had one.

I'm not joking. I couldn't make this stuff up.

Bob humored them and handled the situation like the pro that he is.
    You've never seen someone bump fire a Desert Eagle? :):

Everyone that was working seemed exceptionally nice when I was in there the other day.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Being a far-eastsider I haven't been out there a lot but everytime I've been there it was a very pleasant experience. Bought a Taurus Millenium from them when I was first starting to carry a pistol and they were very helpful. Their prices and service are excellent.:cool:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    He is always entertaining/interesting and provides very fair deals......very knowledgeable and I have bought lots from him.

I always get a laugh listening to Bob when I am in there. They have always treated me right. Good deals buying outright and even when trading. Bought a lot of my guns from them through the years. The most recent a CZ rifle a few months ago - Bob even shakes my hand while he thanks me , rare these days. It is a pretty long drive for me - nearly 120 miles one way, but when I am ready to buy it is well worth the trip , they are my favorite gunshop by far!

I used to deal with them a lot at the Indy but stopped going to the show last year.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Bought a Taurus Millenium from them when I was first starting to carry a pistol and they were very helpful. Their prices and service are excellent.:cool:

Whoa, that could've been MY post exactly. I also bought a Millennium from PSS when I first started carrying. Good guys.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I enjoy browsing in there! I've only ever bought a high-power mag from them, though. Never was in there with the right amount of desire and cash to buy a firearm. Yet.

-J-

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    I've purchased an AR15, a couple of carry guns and a few plinkers there. I've ALWAYS been treated great. Plus I sold my AR15 and he shipped it out for me. I can't say enough good things about them. Anytime someone asks me where to buy, I always point them to PSS.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Good prices and good folks!!! Well..... with the exception of the one tall dude with a white short-cropped haircut that works for Bob & Jeanie at the 1500s. He's kind of a know-it-all pric#!!! :)
    :cheers:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Nothing but good to say about PSS and Bob, Just traded my XD9 SC in on a PO Carry 9 and was very happy with the trade in and the price on the Carry 9, I have bought several guns from him and traded several over the years. Even with several gunshops closer I drive over an hour to PSS because I feel that I've always gotten a good deal from Bob.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Good people, darn good prices ,,, I check prices alot when I decide to buy a specific gun,,,, and have bought several from them ,,,, a couple at the 1500 and the rest at their shop ,,,,

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    My company's home office is in Indy, and you can bet when I have to go there for whatever reason, I hit PSS. I made what I believe was a fair trade with them for the G26 I used to own. Nice shop, and no kidding, he has a ton of stuff in there.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    ive always enjoyed listening to whats bobs had to say, some good conversations go on it that place, i've bought a few guns there and they've always treated me well, my first choice for shooting supplies

PistolPete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    BroadRipple
    I have had great experience with Plainfield Shooting Supplies. They are great people to work with! Prices are good too.

So RogerB and I were sitting at work today and I was talking about upgrading from an XD 9 to and XD 40. He told me that we should run over to Plainfield shooting supply at lunch. I called Bob to make sure he had XD's in stock and of course he did. I brought my XD9 into Bob and he gave me good trade in value for my pistol. I was torn between the XD 45 and the XD 40. I ended up going with the 40 and I can't wait to shoot it. Thanks to RogerB and eventhough Plainfield is a haul they will get all my business in the future. Bob and his wife are awesome and they do have the best prices in Indiana. That's just my :twocents:!!!

ragnar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    West side of Indy
    If it weren't for PSS I don't know where I would get my reloading supplies. He has kept me shooting reloads for a while now, and his prices are right on par with midway, and he doesn't have a has-mat fee :)

Top Bottom