• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I was beginning to think that I was the only one who thought that. :thumbsup:
    :cheers:

Don't get me wrong though, I still shop there... I've found cheaply priced, good mags, in their random mag bin numerous times, and I always love seeing the surplus rifles they buy up as they are just neat to handle and then go learn about. I just hate how the 'rifle room' as I call it... is more like a flea market with all the cheap nick-nacks and what not.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Don't get me wrong though, I still shop there... I've found cheaply priced, good mags, in their random mag bin numerous times, and I always love seeing the surplus rifles they buy up as they are just neat to handle and then go learn about. I just hate how the 'rifle room' as I call it... is more like a flea market with all the cheap nick-nacks and what not.
    I agree. Of course, as I've explained here before I remember when Bradis opened. So... maybe I'm just being sentimental, but IMHO Bradis just isn't what it used to be. :thumbsup:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I agree. Of course, as I've explained here before I remember when Bradis opened. So... maybe I'm just being sentimental, but IMHO Bradis just isn't what it used to be. :thumbsup:

Glory days! I gave them a pretty fair ammount of biz 20ish years ago too.

It sure is different than those days when you went to Bradis for the best selection and prices without need to shop around. Of course, that was also the day when you seen a Speedway gas station and knew it was, for sure, the best price around. Things change and we as consumers are a bit distanced from what it takes to keep a business like this profitable.

The great news in all of this is that modern day tools, like INGO, keep all involved informed.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    From what I noticed, whatever the "new" or "talked about" gun is on the market, they sell them but at relatively high prices (about 50 to even 75 bucks) higher than the other shops.

Their rifle room looks like a Russian armoury that had a flea market throw up into it.

Ammo isnt too bad there, I do like the idea of the 100 round packs on about everything. Not everyone wants to buy a case but wants more than a single box. They had Radway Green in 100 round packs when I first arrived to Indy. I didnt have an AR at that time, so I passed. Stupid me, because they had it for literally next to nothing (compared to now).

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN

Yeah I remember when Bradis was awesome, it's the only place dad would shop... dad has been dead for 10 years...

Bhriindan82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    West Indy
    Either my Google-Fu is extremely lacking, or they don't have a website. Does anyone know if Plainfield Shooting supplies has a site up?

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Just stopped in... wasn't too terribly impressed... way too many glocks for my tastes... and on a .22 magnum tiny little job that I purchased for 89 at AAC a few months ago... was 180 something at Plainfield Shooting Supplies... other than that though the prices were pretty decent, with the glocks looking a tad cheaper there than at AAC (few bucks). Good people though.

I did however get nervous when the older gentleman lit up... I quickly glanced around for black powder hahha.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    PSS does not have a website. I have bought and traded probably 20-25 guns and even sold some with Bob. As far as shops goes, you will have trouble finding a better place around Indy to do business with.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    +1 for Bob at PSS. Every gun I have ever bought new I purchased from him. (Only one that I didn't was my Ruger LCP I got from AAC in Mooresville). Bob has great prices and is always willing to give you good $ for trades.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    And he has one heck of a singing voice.. even if it is only every other word to the song that is on the radio..:D

Top Bottom