• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Went in, they didn't have what I needed but they were nice and helpfull.

The prices aren't quite as good as others perhaps, but still in the higher end of the fair price range.

Zachary8328

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    I haven't been there yet but with the way every1 on this feed is talking about them looks like I'm going to have to check them out

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    PSS had a really dumb guy that waited on me a couple of times and pretty much soured me on the place, despite the number of purchases I've made over the years. Kind of hard to describe him - 50ish, balding, trimmed goatee, kind of a pointed head, but really dumb. I stopped by ITP on Saturday - he works there now. Good for PSS, too bad for ITP.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I was in there Saturday. It was my first visit, I was greeted just as I walked in the door, I asked if they had the pistol I wanted, bob said "no, I sold the 40 and two 9's less than an hour ago". We talked for just a second, but he was very friendly, but I didn't try to carry on a conversation, thy were pretty busy. I was amazed how much stuff he has in there!

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Being a glutton for poor treatment and a slow learner, I stopped at PSS again on Saturday March 23. They weren't particularly busy, but it took forever for someone to offer to help me. Was looking for a Hogue grip - looked through everything - asked dumb young guy to help - "they're over there". Asked if he could look up the part number - he just ignored me. Although I feel bad for Bob trying to run a business in the current climate, I'm just done with PSS. Gonna stick with Bradis from now on.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    First time I went it was not a good experience, no one said a word and I had to ask for help. I stayed away for a long time, but in the middle of the crunch I stopped by to see what he had, it wasn't much but he a G19, I handled it and asked the guy a lot of questions. I had never even held a Glock before, he explained it very well and I bought it.

Went back with my wife, she was looking for a carry gun, and no one had much for her to get a feel for, she found a KelTec PF9 and loved it, we left with it. I was worried about her getting attitude, because some gun shop guys treat women like they are stupid about guns, and she won't take that kind of treatment, she was army and has owned guns all her life. But they treated her well and we were both happy, we will definitely be back.

jarheadcatfan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Georgetown
    I have to give some credit to PSS. These guys talked to me on the phone about 10 times today, held a glock for me, waited for me to travel 2 hours to get there. I'd say my first experience here was a good one!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have to give some credit to PSS. These guys talked to me on the phone about 10 times today, held a glock for me, waited for me to travel 2 hours to get there. I'd say my first experience here was a good one!

They just did the same for me today.

I've been calling or in the store on several days during the last 2 weeks looking for a Glock 23, Gen 3.

Called twice today, once before they received their delivery for the day and then once before leaving work for the day, and they happened to have 1 come in. Asked them to hold it for me.

Got tangled up in traffic heading out there as the one day I'm trying to get somewhere quickly, 70 was a parking lot, but finally got there and picked it up.

This is a backup to my other Glock 23, as I had decided having a spare in the same model/gen was a good thing.

Best part was price was same as pre-panic.

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    Plainfield shooting supplies gets all my business in the guns and accessories department. With the ammo craze going on, I buy that where i can find it. When Bob does get ammo in i buy from him though, he doesnt price gouge like some of the other shops around town. He and his crew have been professional and very helpful everytime ive been in there.

Kloutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    In the center of it all
    I usually go to PSS because it is only a few miles from home. I have had all good experiences. When you walk in, you feel like you have gone back to a more simple time--perhaps its the aura of smoke and the old geezers sitting on stools in the midst of the haze. I'm not a big fan of smoking, but I still like that its his shop and he'll smoke if he wants to. I don't mind the casual atmosphere--its a gun shop, for crying out loud! The "right wing extremest" stickers on the door should prepare you before you enter in--if you don't like it, leave. They've always been great to me and my kid--from helping me get my new holster to relax around my gun to giving my kid candy. My son patiently waits for Bob to stop talking to a customer or to get off the phone then he asks for a sucker and is always rewarded and told to take more than he should. The one time they were out of suckers, Bob went into the back and came back with left over Christmas candy canes. "Here. Have a candycane instead. He**, take the whole box!"
    #1+ for Plainfield Shooting Supplies!

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I gotta say I was not impressed when I walked in last time. I asked about a DPMS lower in the case and one of the old guys behind the counter just looked at me and said its an AR10 lower and walked off. I was still interested, as I am starting a build for one, and always have cash on me but was going to ask about the lower build kits as well but never got help after that. Unless they have something I am desperately looking for, Ill stay with Bradis. Yea I look 21 and young, but that does not mean that I am not a buyer. When I find a place I like, I will spend (a LOT of) my money there.

Not trying to bash them but I was turned off by that experience. Not saying I will never set foot in there, but I won't go out of my way to.

Fredo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    In A Yellow Submarin
    PSS

Great place to buy guns, get ammo (when he gets it in he sells it at pre-scare prices) get accessories, talk, learn about guns, learn how to treat people while running a successful business. I really enjoy myself whenever I visit. I usually leave with a couple hundred worth of "necessary" shooting supplies. I have purchased 5 guns from his shop in the last 2 years!

Top Bottom