• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Got a good price on one of the last XDs-.45 Bi-tone they had in stock. boy turned 18 and ready for his first carry pistol. Bob gave us a good price on it and a couple boxes of practice ammo.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I agree its a great place if Bob or his wife wait on you. Every time I have had one of the younger "gentlemen" wait on us. I feel I am wasting their time and inconveniencing them. The shop has lost a few sales to me because of this

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I agree its a great place if Bob or his wife wait on you. Every time I have had one of the younger "gentlemen" wait on us. I feel I am wasting their time and inconveniencing them. The shop has lost a few sales to me because of this

John is an exception to your categorization about younger gentlemen. So much so, that he sold me 5 guns last year, and 1 so far this year. I always make sure I sing my praises about him to Bob.

I do agree that I don't wish to deal with any of the other "salesmen."

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I've always had nothing but great expieriences at pss regardless of 1 who always seems pushy and it was an older guy

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Past few times I've been in I always feel like I'm a huge inconvenience to whoever is working, REGARDLESS of their age. Quite curt when you call them too "gun shop, what?"

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    These days, I imagine everybody's patience is being pushed to the limit. Customers can't easily find what they want. LGS's certainly don't have the stock to support the current demand.

The customer says: "all I want to do is spend money on what I want, and I can't find it!"

The LGS (who has countless $$$ invested in facility, capital, overhead, inventory,) has to say: "no, I don't have it."

Stop and think: day after day...that has to grind on everybody, don't ya think??

None of us created this problem. But we certainly are living with the aftermath... :noway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "Hello, gun shop" takes just as long to say as "Gun shop, what".

I agree and no knock on you. I believe in patience and proper phone disciplines.
    I was in there today when they opened as I knew there was some .308 on the shelf. There were also some guns in there Friday as I was in there getting some of that .308 (2 box limit) and I was interested in the SA parkerized loaded that was there. Key word.........was.
    The cases were near empty. I asked Bob if Obummer had given another speech.
    All his people had a deer in the headlights look about them.
    I am not sure I would even answer the phone right now.

Same with Bradis. Made "B-II" my next stop to see if they had any .308. Yes and they now have less. Went around to "B-I" and it looked like Bobs. Naked shelves.
    I did however find the GSG 1911 I have been looking for. It was 1 of just a few in the entire case.

Shooter was trying to explain to a potential customer that he could not order a gun as no one has any, any where, at all. Potential customer was not happy....shooter was doing his best. All they can say is.............NO, we do not have nor can we get...............:(

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    My favorite gun shop to buy from and I like the way they answer the phone. Just bought an XDS for the lowest price in the city (or on the net) and shook Bob's hand on the way out.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    My favorite gun shop to buy from and I like the way they answer the phone. Just bought an XDS for the lowest price in the city (or on the net) and shook Bob's hand on the way out.

It's awesome not to know how to answer the phone, I needed to make an appointment the other day and they answered "doctors office", tried to call autozone and they answered "car parts". What's so bad about Plainfield Shooting Supplies, how can I help you? PSS isn't the only shop around Indy that does this, must be an Indiana thing.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    What??? The wife? Love the shop, but I can't stand this female.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

How much IS "the lowest price in the city (or on the net)"?
    And how much was the handshake?:D

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    . . . So much so, that he sold me 5 guns last year, and 1 so far this year. I always make sure I sing my praises about him to Bob . . .

These days, I imagine everybody's patience is being pushed to the limit. Customers can't easily find what they want. LGS's certainly don't have the stock to support the current demand.

The customer says: "all I want to do is spend money on what I want, and I can't find it!"

The LGS (who has countless $$$ invested in facility, capital, overhead, inventory,) has to say: "no, I don't have it."

Stop and think: day after day...that has to grind on everybody, don't ya think??

None of us created this problem. But we certainly are living with the aftermath... :noway: "

Not sure, but perhaps you had a part in the problem with so many purchases in the recent past?
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom