• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I know Slate is leftist, liberal, terrible, awful, no good, etc. But I've really enjoyed several of their podcasts.

They are doing a series now called Charged that's taking a look at the special court that New York has set up specifically for gun crimes (especially, it seems, possession of a gun while being a black person). I'm not sure where this is headed in the end, but it's holding my attention. https://slate.com/news-and-politics...podcast-emily-bazelon-new-york-gun-court.html

For context, here's the recent book by the host of the show (which I've not read, but which I did add to my Audible wish list): https://smile.amazon.com/Charged-Movement-Transform-Prosecution-Incarceration/dp/0399590013

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm picky on my episodes, and I'll even listen to certain podcasts just due to the guest they have on or topic more than the podcast itself. Today I listened to Cleared Hot episode 81 because Dan Crenshaw was a guest, and the Tactical Response podcast because Ken Hackathorn was a guest. I also listen to Joe Rogan a lot, the Meat Eater podcast, and several others here and there.

I started listening pretty heavy about two years ago and I wish I'd started sooner. Instead of being in my head (which is good sometimes) listening to music or something else that wasn't a very meaningful use of time I can now often learn something during my drive to and from work or while mowing grass, and other chores.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I started listening to podcasts at night while patrolling. I figured I could learn something between calls instead of just listening to music all night.

Joe Rogan is my favorite. He is a really good host for the type of open conversation podcast he has. He does his research and knows how to pull information from guests when he has to.

Most other podcasts are pigeon holed into one topic. While that's not a bad thing, it tends to make me lose interest in them fairly quick. I also listen to The Cryptonaut Podcast and the Pod Minutes to Cast Night (which is extremely leftist, so I can't really recommend it if that makes your blood boil. I still find it funny.). Order of Man, Savage Gentlemen, and Art of Manliness are on the list also, but the "manliness" topic does get old and needs to be broken up with other stuff.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The Concealed Carry Podcast just had a good episode with Taran Buttler about Keanu Reeves and shooting competitions.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    My favorites are organizations without choke chains.
    That way I hear what they think instead of their financial controllers whether I agree with their opinions or not. That's the way to go if you want honesty instead of propaganda.
    Here's a couple been listening to.

1. trunews: Unfettered news reporting by Christians who don't have corporate sponsors to please or a 501C3 to be muzzled by. Been listening for about twenty years. This is the guy who was screaming about 911 before it happened and who told the world about the Iraq personnel involved with the OK City bombing. He doesn't do gags and he won't be gagged.

2. C2M (Caravan To Midnight): interviews, reporting and commentary without corporate sponsorship. They're into oh now what, over 1100 multi-hour broadcasts that as a member since C2M's inception I have in my library. What a bargain. Only a small bit of what I've learned would be worth far more than the price of admission.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    And speaking of the corporatists' c...//www.poynter.org/ifcn/unreliable-news-index/

A list put together by a non-disclosed SPLC employee asking for advertisers to defund a lot of SPLC critics. Nothing to see here...

Edit: Poynter withdrew the list. Think about that. They are fact checkers that help to censor Facebook, but they didn't even fact check this list before publishing, but only after an outcry from groups on the list.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    For anyone that loves watching Cops, I present Running from Cops.

What really happens behind the scenes? Why do people give consent? Who is chosen to be on air?

I just listened to the first two episodes, but this podcast attempts to look at what going on, and find people that were on Cops to get their story. The host is a former reality TV producer and knows how the game is played. I don't completely agree with everything, but it's fascinating to hear what his team learned from watching 846 episodes of Cops as pieces of evidence.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've listened to all the current episodes of Crimetown 2. It's a little different than season 1 but I'm enjoying the history lesson. What I seem to find strange is I remember hearing nothing of the Mayor's troubles when all of this went down. I was a news junkie back then too.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've listened to all the current episodes of Crimetown 2. It's a little different than season 1 but I'm enjoying the history lesson. What I seem to find strange is I remember hearing nothing of the Mayor's troubles when all of this went down. I was a news junkie back then too.

I vaguely remember hearing about Kwame, but before now, I couldn't tell you what city he was in.

You must have Stitcher - I'm listening to them trickle out - last night's was about the murder of Tamara Green.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I vaguely remember hearing about Kwame, but before now, I couldn't tell you what city he was in.

You must have Stitcher - I'm listening to them trickle out - last night's was about the murder of Tamara Green.

Nope. I'm on PodBean. Week by week for me too.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    John Nores was on Joe Rogan this week. He was also on Mike Drop Podcast (and the MeatEater podcast)

The Mike Drop one is quite a bit more detailed. Good listen.

[video=youtube_share;gQUlqJcGRUs]http://youtu.be/gQUlqJcGRUs[/video]

Top Bottom