• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    First, I feel for the staff working at Point Blank who had to deal with this awful situation. They are just trying to make a living and it is horrible that they had to experience this.

Second, this just reiterates to me why I HATE going to public ranges and avoid them at all cost. Too many people there who you don't have an idea of their skills, knowledge or mental state.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I have dealt with many, many suicides over the years. Firearms, hanging, CO and OD just to name a few. I actually once had a guy that rammed a circular saw into his neck. Many years ago there was a guy that killed himself in the range at what is now Freedom firearms. Every time I shoot that lane I think about what pushed him over the edge.

The bottom line for me is I am OK with people killing themselves as long as they don't take any unwilling bystanders with them.

Points for doing something creative at least.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    A co-worker just asked me if I had heard about this, which I hadn't. I just shot there last Thursday night.

I guess if you are so far gone that you are willing to off yourself you are not going to care if your deeds traumatize others.

The new Terre Haute Top Gun range will not rent to an individual who doesn't also bring a gun in with them. They said it was a deterrent to rental gun suicides.

Dimitrivich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Unknown
    Wow. Just another reason to add to the list of why I thoroughly dislike going to the range. In just a short time I have lived in the Carmel area, there has been multiple negligent discharges and now a suicide all at this ONE location.

My thoughts are entirely with the people who had to witness this. What a terrible thing to see. Extra condolences to the RSO. This will needlessly stay with her for a very long time.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Wow. Just another reason to add to the list of why I thoroughly dislike going to the range. In just a short time I have lived in the Carmel area, there has been multiple negligent discharges and now a suicide all at this ONE location.

My thoughts are entirely with the people who had to witness this. What a terrible thing to see. Extra condolences to the RSO. This will needlessly stay with her for a very long time.

Yeah, they sure seem to get their share of incidents, don't they? Sad.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    How long is this place gonna last at this rate?

Same things going on in their other locations or is this about par for the course?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Maybe ranges should have "Suicide Discount Day" through the week.
    Build the ranges with drains and inside water systems to wash out the mess. No harm no foul.
    IF someone wants to Off them self then no one or nothing can stop them. Too bad the ranges are fitting for the unfit.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Maybe ranges should have "Suicide Discount Day" through the week...

Or maybe...just maybe, physician assisted suicide should be made legal. While only a few distraught individuals might look into this and have their life saved with counseling, it would just take a few to make it worthwhile, as well as benefiting those with terminal illnesses and others with well thought out reasons wishing to ease the physical, mental and financial suffering our current laws demand.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Or maybe...just maybe, physician assisted suicide should be made legal. While only a few distraught individuals might look into this and have their life saved with counseling, it would just take a few to make it worthwhile, as well as benefiting those with terminal illnesses and others with well thought out reasons wishing to ease the physical, mental and financial suffering our current laws demand.
    To be fair Point Blank does make people watch a video. Maybe they should have a separate video for those contemplating suicide? Gun safety should still be observed by those using a gun to kill them selves.
    Only point pistol at your head down range. Make sure blood doesn't get in walking path. Be courteous to others. Range Etiquette please.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Yes, blood borne pathogens are a thing. They should be polite with their aim and figure out how to cleanup their own mess. Of course if they had that cognitive ability they wouldn't be offing themselves to start with.

When I first saw this I thought, well at least they didn't go for suicide by cop and make someone else pull the trigger. Once someone decides death is the preferable option there is no point for other sane people to try and get into their head to 'understand where they are'.

We used to have some state run institutions that took care of these folks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I wonder if it was planned, or an impulse reaction to their customer service. :dunno:

So what you are saying if a business's customer service did their job they are getting paid for correctly.
    People would not have as many problem and thing like this would not happen.

Top Bottom