• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Don't accuse me of saying what I didn't say.

5495ec5af40b73a5e3325e92ff1872b8.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Don't accuse me of saying what I didn't say.

Anyone can say whatever they want. But in context of what I quoted from you, this group is wrong if they're going to label people at this mosque to be terrorists as justification for what they're doing.

I always step outside that box.
    Wouldn't it be smart to run a stakeout at the bar that known murderers have been known to hang out at.
    The Texas terrorists have been know to frequent this place in AZ.
    It's just good deductive reasoning.

It just so happens that that place in AZ is a mosque. It could just as easily been a bar, library, doughnut shop, etc....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I always step outside that box.
    Wouldn't it be smart to run a stakeout at the bar that known murderers have been known to hang out at.
    The Texas terrorists have been know to frequent this place in AZ.
    It's just good deductive reasoning.

It just so happens that that place is a mosque. It could just as easily been a bar, library, doughnut shop, etc....

If the religion rule were still in place, I feel talk like this would get you banned. Painting visitors of a mosque to be primarily bad/evil/terrorist people... and therefore safe to assume? Hate to join the typical INGO-contrarian side on this argument, but that's not cool.

Ah wait, I forgot. All gun owners are potential murderers, too. So I've been told.

INGO seems to have a couple different views on the subject of Islam. One side is the carpet-bomb approach, and the other is "just kill the terrorist ones"

I belong in the latter.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If the religion rule were still in place, I feel talk like this would get you banned. Painting visitors of a mosque to be primarily bad/evil/terrorist people... and therefore safe to assume? Hate to join the typical INGO-contrarian side on this argument, but that's not cool.

Ah wait, I forgot. All gun owners are potential murderers, too. So I've been told.

No religion spoken here.

It's not my fault that the bad guys from the Texas incident have been seen hanging out at a mosque in AZ.
    Unless the protesters have picked it at random? :dunno:

I used to find people (in another life) and you go where the trail takes you. Period.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

INGO seems to have a couple different views on the subject of Islam. One side is the carpet-bomb approach, and the other is "just kill the terrorist ones"

I belong in the latter.

To paraphrase Full Metal Jacket "The ones that run are islamic terrorists, the ones that stand still are well disiplined​ islamic terrorists"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's not my fault that the bad guys from the Texas incident have been seen hanging out at a mosque in AZ.

It's akin to the following:

I attend a 200-person gaming convention. After the convention is over, 2 people leave and murder a family. Do we protest the convention, and consider anyone that attended to be potential murderers?

However, I think some of us are discussing different points here. If there is a protest against radical islam, and it incites an attack on said protest... I absolutely would prefer the attendees of said protest to be armed. That's just common sense.

But this "armed protest" sounds more like a small army hunting down people they think are bad. Such a thing could hurt a lot of innocent people.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I attend a 200-person gaming convention. After the convention is over, 2 people leave and murder a family. Do we protest the convention, and consider anyone that attended to be potential murderers?

However, I think some of us are discussing different points here. If there is a protest against radical islam, and it incites an attack on said protest... I absolutely would prefer the attendees of said protest to be armed. That's just common sense.

But this "armed protest" sounds more like a small army hunting down people they think are bad. Such a thing could hurt a lot of innocent people.

I understand what you're getting at, but unless those same 200 people went to that gaming convention daily or weekly, I think that is a false equivalent. The article said that the two jihadists in the Texas incident "frequented" that mosque and were known to worship there. We have all heard of imams "radicalizing" young Muslims. Is that taking place at this particular mosque? I don't know. None of us do.

I don't know that I would go as far as saying they're "hunting down" people by being armed. As they stated, they are arming themselves just in case they are targeted in the same manner as the Texas cartoon contest was. Are they trying to provoke a violent response? Again, I don't know. Might they provoke a violent response? Quite possibly.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    To paraphrase Full Metal Jacket "The ones that run are islamic terrorists, the ones that stand still are well disiplined​ islamic terrorists"
    That reminds me of an interview with an A-10 pilot about telling the difference between the fake armor and the real ones.
    he stated to the affect that when you look through the thermal sight, the vehicles that they were taking cover behind were the real ones :D

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That reminds me of an interview with an A-10 pilot about telling the difference between the fake armor and the real ones.
    he stated to the affect that when you look through the thermal sight, the vehicles that they were taking cover behind were the real ones :D

Warthog, baby (not to be confused with INGO member warthog). I don't think hiding behind the 'real' armor did them that much good.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Maybe if on a daily basis you had gamers prohibiting women from showing their faces in public, on penalty of beating, stoning women who have been raped for "adultery", beheading non-gamers on you-tube and declaring holy war on movie watchers we could be having a conversation about bringing the pain train to the gamers. But they don't do those things, Muslims do, and the commission of those acts in our time is done almost exclusively by Muslims. So we're talking about Muslims. No need to get fluffy and make it any more complicated than that.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    How many of them? All of them? Most of them? A majority of them? 51%?

Maybe less? ... Probably less? Probably far, far less?

Blanket statements like this are dangerous and foolish.

Dangerous? Why? It is because if you offend one he might show up to your rally and try to shoot you. You can call it foolish if you want. I've always been more of the mindset that sticking your head in the sand is foolish. It wasn't Buddhists who flew airliners into our skyscrapers. When Major Hassan shot those troops at Ft. Hood, he wasn't yelling "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." They didn't bomb the USS Cole because it was blocking their view of the sunset. Sure, it is a minority of adherents, but it is a very vocal, active and influential minority. And while the minority are the ones putting suicide vests on mentally retarded children and sending them into polling places, they are getting their funding somewhere, and that implicates a much larger group than this small but significant minority.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't disagree. I understand there is an inherent problem with radical islam.

However, I'm not ready to blame everyone that practices the religion for the actions of the very, very few.

Gun owners hate when leftists do that. It's unfair to the non-violent, peaceful, uncaring majority.

It needs fixing, I don't have the solutions. But blanket accusations and "Islamophobia" aren't the solution.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Dangerous? Why? It is because if you offend one he might show up to your rally and try to shoot you. You can call it foolish if you want. I've always been more of the mindset that sticking your head in the sand is foolish. It wasn't Buddhists who flew airliners into our skyscrapers. When Major Hassan shot those troops at Ft. Hood, he wasn't yelling "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." They didn't bomb the USS Cole because it was blocking their view of the sunset. Sure, it is a minority of adherents, but it is a very vocal, active and influential minority. And while the minority are the ones putting suicide vests on mentally retarded children and sending them into polling places, they are getting their funding somewhere, and that implicates a much larger group than this small but significant minority.

^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^. I still remember images of 'peace loving muslims' celebrating in the streets after the towers were hit. Were THEY solely the radical few?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Micro rep inbound

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    When someone commits an atrocity with a gun, gun owners are quite quick to denounce the act. The media doesn't seem to have air or print space for these statements, but they are made.

When a Muslim beheads a journalist and posts the grisly video on YouTube, we hear nothing but crickets. Now that could be one of two things: the media once again is manipulating the narrative by not covering the outcry among Muslims (perfectly plausible, MSM is its own brand of evil), or there is no outcry. I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    When someone commits an atrocity with a gun, gun owners are quite quick to denounce the act. The media doesn't seem to have air or print space for these statements, but they are made.

When a Muslim beheads a journalist and posts the grisly video on YouTube, we hear nothing but crickets. Now that could be one of two things: the media once again is manipulating the narrative by not covering the outcry among Muslims (perfectly plausible, MSM is its own brand of evil), or there is no outcry. I honestly don't know the answer to that question.
    were there an outcry among muslim leaders they would be the lead story on every network.
    I also remember the PA dancing and giving gifts and candy to kids on 9/11.
    the support we got from Israel was a sharp contrast.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    were there an outcry among muslim leaders they would be the lead story on every network.

That alone should have made everyone realize who our true friends are - but it didn't. :(

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Which Muslim leaders? You got names?

Top Bottom