• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Can we just once have a conversation that doesn't turn into a legalization debate the moment Mary Jane is mentioned. There are probably half a dozen threads on this topic already and they always turn out the same.

Let's just agree that Holcomb is a doughy stick in the mud on a number of issues, only one of which is legal cannabis.

It's an analog of the mask debate. Can we just once not be branded freedom-haters if we are concerned that too many people want a crutch

And I will say I have changed my mind on the freedom issue and apologized to phylodog for being a dick. I would be fine with ameliorating the federal consequences of electing to use in a state that legalizes (such as firearms related issues), but I think it should be the state's right to legalize or not without federal pressure

Maybe some kind of requirement that it isn't legal unless you're out of Mom and Dad's basement and living on your own (with a job and not on the dole)

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    It's an analog of the mask debate. Can we just once not be branded freedom-haters if we are concerned that too many people want a crutch

And I will say I have changed my mind on the freedom issue and apologized to phylodog for being a dick. I would be fine with ameliorating the federal consequences of electing to use in a state that legalizes (such as firearms related issues), but I think it should be the state's right to legalize or not without federal pressure

Maybe some kind of requirement that it isn't legal unless you're out of Mom and Dad's basement and living on your own (with a job and not on the dole)

Man, using your foolish, misguided opinion to stop other people from freely living their lives gets you labeled as a freedom hater? That's harsh.

Also, why do you care if someone else uses a crutch? Do you also judge people who need to use a physical crutch to walk? Have you ever witnessed someone have an actual benefit from cannabis oil? I have, my FIL, who has had Parkinsons for almost 20 years and can now finally unclench his hands and jaw to ALMOST sleep through the night. Shame on him for needing a crutch.

And there is already an age requirement, just like alcohol. I guess maybe certain people shouldn't be able to have guns until they prove themselves worthy first, or don't live with their parents? Maybe people shouldn't be able to breed unless you give them permission too?

Maybe Holcomb represents the doughy stick population pretty well.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...Maybe Holcomb represents the doughy stick population pretty well.

He, and Joe Biden, are not passionately supporting mandatory masking for no reason. I've no doubt their focus-group polling is telling them it's a winner. You see how much INGO makes fun of the mantra "It's for the Children?" Well, with masking..."It's for the Old People." It's a way of Showing You Care.

If people don't see the harmful, manipulative, freedom-sapping potential of that...then I better not hear people complaining about "It's for the Children" the next time Democrats want to ban guns. Allowing guns to exist allows people to die. We need to get people reacquainted with the basic uncertainties of life, before it's too late.

(Paraphrasing Forrest Gump...Sorry I interrupted your POt Party) :laugh:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Man, using your foolish, misguided opinion to stop other people from freely living their lives gets you labeled as a freedom hater? That's harsh.

Also, why do you care if someone else uses a crutch? Do you also judge people who need to use a physical crutch to walk? Have you ever witnessed someone have an actual benefit from cannabis oil? I have, my FIL, who has had Parkinsons for almost 20 years and can now finally unclench his hands and jaw to ALMOST sleep through the night. Shame on him for needing a crutch.

And there is already an age requirement, just like alcohol. I guess maybe certain people shouldn't be able to have guns until they prove themselves worthy first, or don't live with their parents? Maybe people shouldn't be able to breed unless you give them permission too?

Maybe Holcomb represents the doughy stick population pretty well.

Oh, 4 percenter, eh?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If you're going to want laws against crutches, why not push a law against every "crutch" to be consistent? But then that kinda puts you in authoritarian territory doesn't it? If you're really all that concerned about people wanting a crutch, could you offer more than your support for banning it? Banning it hasn't done anything to stop it. It just creates a reason to put these people in jail.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you're going to want laws against crutches, why not push a law against every "crutch" to be consistent? But then that kinda puts you in authoritarian territory doesn't it? If you're really all that concerned about people wanting a crutch, could you offer more than your support for banning it? Banning it hasn't done anything to stop it. It just creates a reason to put these people in jail.

THIS! Without meaningful standards, it becomes "just do something!" and not necessarily does any good. lets look at sandbags. .gov says a flood is coming so you must sandbag your property. It doesnt matter what you use. I didnt have any of those canvas or plastic bags but I do have a ton of paper lunch sacks. So I'll just use those. I'm doing something... (but it will be ineffective the minute the rain starts falling and gets the paper wet)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

IMO the freedom==weed crowd are running a propaganda campaign worthy of BLM. I'm not campaigning to make weed illegal, it already is. I just don't see legalization as even in the top ten problems facing the country. I have personal reasons for thinking it is a bad idea, just like all the people who cite cancer suffering presumably have personal reasons to desire it. I'm not campaigning to legalize it, so silence equals death (of liberty and/or freedom) or something. I must think like the (4%) mob or I hate liberty. Grow up, people are not always going to agree with you; I would think, given your body of work, that you wouldn't countenance the use of that as evidence that makes them somehow less American or patriotic or somehow 'other'

If you can't convince your own state government to legalize something, maybe those who want to leverage federal power for trivial concerns should examine their own purity

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    IMO the freedom==
    "I'm not campaigning to legalize it, so silence equals death"

If you can't convince your own state government to legalize something, maybe those who want to leverage federal power for trivial concerns should examine their own purity

No, silence from you would be very welcomed by many here,, judging from the messages I've received. It might not be important to you, but then keep scrolling.

Also, I know their whole concept of liberty and States right is over your head, but no one is leveraging for the federal government to force states to legalize it. It is currently a States rights issue, and unfortunately our state is ran by a doughy, do nothing, stick-in-the-mud who claims he will not address it until it is legalized federally. So what is next? Working to get the .gov to reschedule it so its not being held in the same regard as heroin. That is hardly "leveraging for federal power" over the states.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No, silence from you would be very welcomed by many here,, judging from the messages I've received. It might not be important to you, but then keep scrolling.

Also, I know their whole concept of liberty and States right is over your head, but no one is leveraging for the federal government to force states to legalize it. It is currently a States rights issue, and unfortunately our state is ran by a doughy, do nothing, stick-in-the-mud who claims he will not address it until it is legalized federally. So what is next? Working to get the .gov to reschedule it so its not being held in the same regard as heroin. That is hardly "leveraging for federal power" over the states.

I'm glad to see so many are willing to hold your coat while you 'put me in my place'

Best of luck with that

Top Bottom