• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    So people buy weed out of state and take it home, where it's still not legal to buy or possess. I'm just saying it sounds stupid. If it ain't legal here, and people are willing to break the law anyway, why care about buying it here? Is the legal **** so much better than the illegal ****? It's true, I don't get out much. And I'm fine with that.

Measured doses, reputable product, not having to call a dealer. Its also become tourism, I have friends that have driven to Michigan multiple times to tour several dispensaries, go eat at a few breweries, see the city and potentially a stay there overnight. Same friends also flew to Colorado to do the same and hike/camp for a few days. Its more than the product they buy, its the other places peopke are spending their money that isn't Indiana.

Also, investments. I'm personally involved with a group of investors who are exploring commercial real estate in Michigan due to the explosion of revenue. Some commercial buildings are worth 2x to 3x as much as normal because they are in a "green zone" that will allow a retail dispensaries. There are no empty buildings in Colorado, every unused warehouse is now used for cultivation processing or retail. Every highway in Colorado has been "adopted" by a dispensary. So not only is there rent flowing, jobs, construction/build-out work, taxes, etc, but the highways are cleaner and being partially funded. 7 figures of our money is not being invested in Indiana. There's more if you need more too.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Personally, I don't like it. Coming from a manufacturing background I've seen this and to a lesser extent alcohol create problems in manufacturing. What people do at home I don't care, but it always makes it's way into the workplace and decision impaired people on weed are harder to pick out than decision impaired people on alcohol.

Getting behind this to service the desires of commercial real estate brokers isn't a well thought out idea.

Our governor always has a rather vacant expression, but I put him in the classification of country club republican.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Personally, I don't like it. Coming from a manufacturing background I've seen this and to a lesser extent alcohol create problems in manufacturing. What people do at home I don't care, but it always makes it's way into the workplace and decision impaired people on weed are harder to pick out than decision impaired people on alcohol.

That functionally the same argument as used by the gun control crowd: some people misuse it, so nobody should be allowed liberty.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What people do at home and on their own time I don't care about. My point is that it's much harder to determine judgement impaired people at work on weed than it is on booze and that's a problem if you run a business. Maybe there a solution down the road but I don't believe that catering to the MJ industry is a good move just because other states are doing it. Watch places like Colorado and other states over a few years. See what happens in time, then decide.

It's not the same argument.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That functionally the same argument as used by the gun control crowd: some people misuse it, so nobody should be allowed liberty.

Your argument is cut from the same cloth. Just as the 'common sense' gun control people claim that a majority of the public wants it, your side of the argument also invokes popularity of the leaf as supposed justification to legalize it

Only there is no constitutional right to intoxication

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If legalization is so popular, and if you grant that among libertarians legalizing it is or is close to job one, why can't Libertarian candidates break 4%? Could it be legalization is way down on most people's list of legislative priorities/problems to be solved?

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne

Getting behind this to service the desires of commercial real estate brokers isn't a well thought out idea.

Our governor always has a rather vacant expression, but I put him in the classification of country club republican.

Yes, legalizing marijuana is only to serve commercial RE brokers. Glad that's all you were able to deduce from that statement.

And you don't think those people are injecting the marijuanas before work already? Or are they just being punished for doing it days, weeks, or months ago?

We really don't need to have a full-on legalization argument right now, but show me anything other than paranoia that shows an increase in on-the-job usage, or better yet, injuries. Still waiting on the crime increase, teen usage, etc, that everyone cried would happen in these states, when in reality its been the exact opposite. Opioid usages is down, overdoses are down, teen usage didn't spike, crime is down, their economies are booming. But heaven forbid someone gets high before working at a factory!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Your argument is cut from the same cloth. Just as the 'common sense' gun control people claim that a majority of the public wants it, your side of the argument also invokes popularity of the leaf as supposed justification to legalize it

Sure there is. It's protected by the Ninth Amendment. Or do you think it would be constitutional for the federal government to declare all meat consumption to be illegal?

I don't care at all that it is popular. I've never used it, even when I have been places where it is legal and acceptable. Intoxication is not my thing.

But it is an issue of freedom, and so I am going to pick that side.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne

There isn't a 21st amendment now? Weird. Because that one repealed the anti-liberty 18th amendment and allows for intoxication. This is a bigger picture issue. And I'm certainly not arguing for the libertarian candidate or arguing to get rid of property or income taxes as that's not going to happen. But our state is certainly going to lose a lot of revenue during the pandemic and we have seen the models of other States who have legalized successfully, with next to zero negative side effects other than grumpy old men.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sure there is. It's protected by the Ninth Amendment. Or do you think it would be constitutional for the federal government to declare all meat consumption to be illegal?

I don't care at all that it is popular. I've never used it, even when I have been places where it is legal and acceptable. Intoxication is not my thing.

But it is an issue of freedom, and so I am going to pick that side.

Seems more a Tenth Amendment issue and you are unable to convince your state to legalize it. Appealing to federal power to try to overrule that of your state isn't what I would call coming down on the side of freedom or federalism

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Come on CJ.....you are smarter than that statement.

I'm not at all saying that Leadeye is in favor of gun control. I'm saying that his argument about possible outcomes in a particular situation is an argument that we all, Leadeye included, would reject if the object being criminalized were CC pistols instead of a specific plant.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Can we just once have a conversation that doesn't turn into a legalization debate the moment Mary Jane is mentioned. There are probably half a dozen threads on this topic already and they always turn out the same.

Let's just agree that Holcomb is a doughy stick in the mud on a number of issues, only one of which is legal cannabis.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yup. And again I do not partake but so many people do. It is hard not to know someone that does.
    These underlying reality's surprise many that do not see or understand it. Heck people I have rolled out 2.5 hours 1 way for the right gun.....:):
    That may not be apples to apples.

Im with you brother. I dont do anything stronger than alcohol. And I have many friends that partake. Hell, sitting around the bonfire after dark with my friends, I lost track of how many times I let the joint pass me as it went around the circle. No interest. But sadly, I DIDNT take a hard pass on the various moonshines that were also being passed. (one dark cherry flavored was exceptionally dangerous) That stuff hurts!

Legalize it. We are far beyond that time.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Can we just once have a conversation that doesn't turn into a legalization debate the moment Mary Jane is mentioned. There are probably half a dozen threads on this topic already and they always turn out the same.

Let's just agree that Holcomb is a doughy stick in the mud on a number of issues, only one of which is legal cannabis.

Sounds good.

I'm back home from work and looking forward to celebrating my 41st anniversary over dinner with my wife.:)

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Sounds good.

I'm back home from work and looking forward to celebrating my 41st anniversary over dinner with my wife.:)

Congratulations. At the end of the week, I'll be only 30 years behind you. And I hope to make it as far as you two have. :)

Top Bottom